• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

C&C Freeware anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
No kidding? You mean, THE full versions of those games are now freeware? Either EA's gone generous or bonkers...

Well, I must say, this is quite of a surprise. Few years ago, I lost my old C&C Red Alert CD 1 due to mass humidity, and now I'll be able to recover it!

TheDivineBoss, you're a lifesaver. Thanks for letting us know!

Level 15
Well, EA's been extremely mean to us before. And now, if EA intended to release those old games as freeware just to either play nice with us or to apologize us for what they've done, then they've failed.

Now, I'm beginning to wonder if EA's feeling "kind" and "generous" again, and "kindly" include the Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge there as well--they're pretty old too.

Last edited:
Level 8
I don't think they work on Vista/Win7 though, unless theres a patch for them on the internet somewhere; tried Red Alert a while back, but it didn't work :(. So if you have those systems, then those downloads/installation might not work. But if your willing to fork over a few bucks, theres the C&C First Decade that you can buy on their store; I got it for $15 bucks, and it comes with those games plus the RA1 expansions, RA2 & its expansion YR, Renegade, and C&C Generals plus its expansion.

Status
Not open for further replies.