• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bushido

Bushido

Story
The year is 2135, many new technologies have been developed some which are very destructive and like everything new they
need to be tested. You are a pilot of the new Marauder MX30 prototype and as such you must inspect it's strengths and weaknesses in a virtual reality simulation.
Info
This is a 3rd person modern warfare type map similar to Mecha Isle. You control a mech and battle in the arena. Victory is achived when a
player reaches the frag limit. The map has AI which can be quite iratating at times. For now the AI is limited only to the ground. In
future updates I will add air combat ability. You can move the mech with arrow keys or with with mouse.
Commands

Player 1 (GM) Commands:
#-sky (1 - 14) - changes the sky model
#-weather (1 - 10) - changes weather
#-time (0 - 24) - changes time
#-fraglimit - changes the frag limit.
#-gm - set the gm by player number
-jetpackson / jetpacksoff - enable/disable jetpacks

All Players Commands:
#-projectile (1-4) change the projectile type.
-lightweapon - changes weapon type (see info in attack skill)
-mediumweapon - changes weapon type (see info in attack skill)
-heavyweapon - changes weapon type (see info in attack skill)
-lightarmor - changes armor type (+0 armor -0 speed penalty)
-mediumarmor - changes armor type (+2 armor -15 speed penalty)
-heavyarmor - changes armor type (+4 armor -30 speed penalty)

# - this symbol is replaced with a number.

Press "Esc" key to change camera modes.

* Items will be added.
* AI will be improved.

Version 1.0
* Release
Version 1.1
* Added custom loading screen
* Minor terrain enchantments
* Added opening
Version 1.2
* Added Game Options Menu (for gm at game start)
Version 1.2a
* Fixed a bug with the armor type.
* Improved attack tool tip.
* Added orbs that give bonus status.
* Modified Jet Pack ability special effect.
Version 1.3
* Added skills & skill shop.
* Minor Improvements.
Version 1.3a
* Fixed a bug with the jet pack and abilities.
* Jet pack now drains twice as much energy.
Version 1.4
* New arena added.
Version 1.4A
* All known issues fixed.
* Added energy cells decay - will lose energy over time and disappear if no energy is left in them.
* Added skill level save and skill level indication - * purple star after hotkey.
Version 1.5
* Added new interface.
* Added new preview image.

Credits
Music: Electronic Arts
Models: olofmoleman, eubz, Fingolfin, killst4r, Hexus, General Frank
UI: modafoka

Keywords:
Meatfactory, Mech, Robot, Hero Arena, Modern Warfare, Mecha Isle
Contents

Bushido (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael Date: 2012/Sep/22 13:05:31 [Please do not send me a message, use Staff Contact] Comment: [Approved] Staff Contact - Rules
Level 9
as always your maps are fuckin well done

but as always, i find them quickly boring, i'm sorry to say that but that's what i feel

also add tooltips saying you can change weapons and armor on screen please, and that you must press A to attack (i thought i could only use Z first time)

and when i typed -heavyarmor i got +4 armor then after 2 min or smthg like that it was normal armor again

as always your maps are fuckin well done

but as always, i find them quickly boring, i'm sorry to say that but that's what i feel

also add tooltips saying you can change weapons and armor on screen please, and that you must press A to attack (i thought i could only use Z first time)

and when i typed -heavyarmor i got +4 armor then after 2 min or smthg like that it was normal armor again

Well it's on a development stage yet (although fully playable). More stuff will be added. As for the bugs and tool tips I will look into that as well. Thank you for your comment and testing :)

Btw which version did you play?

Level 5
change the damn file name to coordinate with the version, I have like 4 differenet files named "bushido" and I have no idea which is the latest version...

change the damn file name to coordinate with the version, I have like 4 differenet files named "bushido" and I have no idea which is the latest version...

I will keep that in mind during next update. However the map version is displayed in-game under the map prview and you could just replace the old version(s) you have with the one that you just downloaded.

Level 2
I always wanted a map like this.And the music is Avatar the last airbenderlike loved it 5/5 But i found a bug. When i jet packed and landed my skills were gone.

I always wanted a map like this.And the music is Avatar the last airbenderlike loved it 5/5 But i found a bug. When i jet packed and landed my skills were gone.

Yeah I noticed that my self... a quick fix will be applied soon. It happens when the energy is depleted while using the jest pack. Somehow it fails to register an event when the unit is ordered via script to turn of the jet pack. :vw_death:

Level 2
i think mecha isle is a litlle bit better. it s like transformers . ai is harder. by the way Theoden's quote rules. lotr is my all time favorite movie