1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

DotA Players Builds and Tactics

Discussion in 'Legacy Social Groups' started by Mythic, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Mythic

Mythic

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Share your favorite builds and tactics here!

Personally I like hiding in trees using Meepo with Tango, then jumping on people.

2. -Grendel

-Grendel

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    if we are 5 men party most of the time we like to have a team composed of sven, troll, venge, ogre and beastmaster.

3. SuperJakiro

SuperJakiro

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well using Earth, Ember and Storm Spirit I build them Orchid of Malevolence for their being best Nuker :)

4. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    When I play Riki top on shop to shop games we usually play an unorthodox style of team play(I don't actually think you can even call it team play) where the other four player are composed of one carry which is usually mirana, sf or invoker then the other three are supports and they'll coordinate with each other roaming both mid and bottom and they will practically let me play alone on top it doesn't matter if the opposing team will try to gb me, no one is allowed to go top when I'm there. Crazy but this works because I don't play the usual play style of Riki where one drop of ward and you'll practically useless since I play it as pure hard carry on item builds but heavily reliant on strategical openings that smoke and blink can provide which my friends told me as very confusing when we tried it on one of our friendly games.

I think I still have a screenshot of one of our games where I used Riki where I went 24-1-0(yup 0 assist XD) the death only comes pre-end game. We lost though since the other shop team backdoor-ed us. Never played with them again.

About meepo, I play it with Rush Vlad then agha, the additional early meepo is big if you play heavy net game. Just one level of poof(or two if you think you're not getting enough damage) then invest more on earth bind and geostrike. It usually only works on pub game though.

5. GreeN!X

GreeN!X

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    If I'm alone, I usually just play with a random hero but if I'm with a team, I either play as SK/WK, Lone Druid, or Ursa and then destroy roshan at the start of the game so that we could get our ursa straight level 5 and have him roam the map early game.

6. Mythic

Mythic

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Those sound good, thanks for sharing.

7. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    That still works this days? You're probably playing against inexperienced players if they don't scout/ward rosh if the opposing team pick one of those.

8. jonhysone

jonhysone

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Playing by Traxex :
    Playing by Slark :
    P.S : With all characters, I always get Ring of Bissilus since it helps team , switching to Hero-Only Aura

9. Mythic

Mythic

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    At first I didn't understand why Basilius could switch. xD

10. Razer!X

Razer!X

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I think if you switch it from normal to hero the effects would only be benefited by hero units only. That's what I think.

11. GreeN!X

GreeN!X

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I don't get why the basilius could be switched like that too. The only reason I could think of is to prevent invisble units from being detected via the buff on other units... but.. ermm.. I really don't get it. :/

12. Edge45

Edge45

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Template:
    Resources:
    For me, depending on what I choose,
    but mostly, Necro'lic or Phoenix is what I choose if it isn't a random,
    Item them up by 2 Stat Items (Gauntlets, Mantle, or Slippers) then Ironwood branch, buy one Ancient Tango Tree or whatebs, 2 Salve, and 2 Clarities.
    Phoenix -
    Since I'm at always support, let an ally of mine attack the enemy heroes first then I help out, once the an enemy hero is at low health, I then 3rd skill (Sunray), timing it up properly. Though at some point when an enemy tries to ambush me, I then dive out, if I still didn't equipped Vanguard or Supernova is cooldown
    Necro'lic -
    Another support, I just farm until lvl 6, summon Familiars, then when an ally of mine attacks an enemy hero, I then 1st skill the target, then get enough Souls for 2nd skill, while also timining the Familiars stun or Stone Form, once low health, I then use the gathered souls for 2nd skill,

13. -Grendel

-Grendel

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    because it helps control your creeps if you don't want them pushing too much to the enemy tower. because when you turn on basillus it gives +armor to your creeps making them push too much to the enemy tower.

14. Mythic

Mythic

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    ^This I realized after I learnt how important pushed lanes in DotA are. Well, they're important to the point that you should lure nearby jungle camps to delay pushing.

15. GreeN!X

GreeN!X

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Oh right, that makes sense. I guess I just didn't use it the item too much nor did I really care to notice that. xD

16. Zed

Zed

Resources:
    Resources:
    Picking Sacred Warrior and my friend picking Necrolyte, I ult, He ults.
    We usually go bot lane together :)

17. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Instant quit on pub games.

18. chobibo

chobibo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Some guys using chen use a basilius to augment their creeps to push, specially on LAN/shop vs shop games where team work is present (sometimes). I use it because perseverance is expensive to get and I suck at last hitting lol.

19. -Grendel

-Grendel

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    That is indeed true, the persuaded creeps benefit from the +armor basilus gives

20. Mythic

Mythic

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    What is the most cost effective item? Aside from Urn and Wands.