• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

Build a structure halfway underwater

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Is it possible to build a structure in deep water and have it halfway in the water and halfway out of the water? I can place it in the editor halfway in the water by changing the movement height to -50 but I don't think this works if you have a unit build it.

Any ideas?

Level 6
I've tried to make a farm do what you've asked and had trouble. An idea I had was to start out with a flying unit and make it a structure try playing with its movement type set it to hover or flying.

Level 5
yeah I thought about the flying part however these buildings are going to be blockers so I need units to go around them. The main reason is when you build something on top of water it doesnt have a water ground texture and looks strange. If it was halfway underwater it would look a lot nicer.

Level 14
Isn't it possible to use the crowform bug on a structure?
Then it would be quite simple...

Level 6
I did try to use crow form with the method when I tried.. it didnt work but Idk if you can edit crow form to work with structures. Is it possible to have a dummy invisible structure unit. Give it the model ".mdl" so its blank and then set the collision size to 72 or w/e. That might not be something your interested in trying.

Level 6
it doesn't actually build it above the water. if i set it to amphib and set the height to -50 it doesnt move it the -50.
So you want it floating on water. Why named the thread halfway underwater? I thought you would have wanted it 50% above water, 50% underwater.
Or you mean the building process? in this sense, remove pathing map,shadow textture, set shadow water true, movement to 0, amphibious, change the height to value until you can have it as you wanted.
Or how do you like the structure after built?

Status
Not open for further replies.