Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Bug Reports

Discussion in 'Bug Report Forum' started by Zwiebelchen, Feb 21, 2010.

1. ALEXz407

ALEXz407

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hexblade
    Binding Chains work buggy in some situations:
    - If target can not move (lika mana lanterns / ancient one & tentacles in d2) pull will work and hitbox will go to the hero, but visual model will remain at old place. You can select it only hovering over old place, but game will show green circle at new position.
    Maybe just disable pull for units with 0 movespeed?
    - If target casting something (fireball / waterball / etc) and you pull it, projectiles will spawn at old position, not where target is now.

Thief
    Dazing Trap actually dazes bosses, even if they have stun immunity.
    For example you can interrupt casting of Lieutenant's AoE stun with this trick. :)

D3 waves aggro
    It looks really weird. Sometimes mobs can aggro on players without any reason, even if it looks like aggro is high for main tank.
    Interesting that this usually happens if you attack big pack of mobs staying in one point (i.e. i hit with direct attack 1 mob, but all closest mobs turning on me and start attack).
    I guess it happens because new mob reposition trigger goes wild with big pack of enemies on one side and big pack of allies on another. They begin stuck in models and switch to another targets in aggro list.

Also i heard that Gaspode can attack friendly mobs, didn't see it however. :)

Frost Cage & Dazing Trap
    Can not confirm repeatability, but caster murlocs at bottom camp (2x caster 1x melee) can cast even inside Frost Cage, if they were dazed with trap earlier.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
  2. BoxOfFaith

BoxOfFaith

Resources:
    Resources:
    It would seem if, as a Psion, taking crippling curse as an enemy target spell allows you to cast it on allies as well.

Imbue armor + Levitate is bugged. When it reflects any amount of damage, a white number is the reflected damage. Levitates shadow damage seems to proc whenever a white number is dealt.

Combining 3 green souls + a level 35+ weapon just turns the weapon into a rare material and leaves the souls. Turning souls into a blue soul should be prioritized.

Steal seems to put items onto the ground rather than into the backpack. This only happens if the characters inventory is full. If a space is open then items go to backpack like normal.

Armors awarded from quests seem to have their floating model stay forever.

Classing up from magician to sorcerer caused the red parts on the cape of 'Tunic of the Saint' to turn from red to gray (it actually looked really cool IMO). Similarly, changing hair color changes the red color on shield of the cavalry.

Muzzels entire new map.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
  3. Hawajska

Hawajska

Resources:
    Resources:
    It works fine, U prolly saved 1 of souls or blue item. (or puted 1 soul too far from circle)

4. BoxOfFaith

BoxOfFaith

Resources:
    Resources:
    It wasn't working with Batters edges, tried with 3 different ones :p. It turned Batters Edge into a rare material and left the souls. Tried again with a moonlight tiara and it worked fine, sooooooo. Edit: Tried again with prince of skulls, and same result as the batters edge's. Also same result with some level 35 green weapons.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
  5. SaikoDeMoN

SaikoDeMoN

Resources:
    Resources:
    Got a critical error I haven't seen before. Happened directly after killing Golem world boss as I clicked sleep. I'm hoping it has more to do with me having warcraft open for 20 hours (since I don't need to restart war3 before every gaias game anymore I just leave it on) than an issue with the map.

[​IMG]

No replay ofcourse, but it happened at ~UTC+2 13:00 in farmbot #17. Bot owner can get the replay.

Some details:
    Mystic lvl18 with shaman merc.
    Teammate: Ranger lvl18 with lancer merc
    Game length: ~2 hours

Attached Files:

6. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    This error message basicly tells you that WC3 exceeded the memory limit for applications of your OS.
    Unfortunately, WC3 seems to crash once it reaches around 1.5GB of memory used. This is why leaking maps are such a big problem.

All maps, including Gaias will leak to some extent. And while Gaias is coded in a way to prevent all artifical JASS-related leaks, I can do nothing about the leaks the Blizzard devs themselves introduced into the core game mechanics.
    So, yeah, it's probably a good idea to restart your game every now and then. I didn't even know 20 hour sessions on WC3 are possible...

7. BoxOfFaith

BoxOfFaith

Resources:
    Resources:
    Not really a bug, but can you move the stash salesperson to the soul vault? Seems kinda weird to sell them in mytargas and then pop up in the vault.

8. Jumbo

Jumbo

Resources:
    Resources:
    I disagree. The stash is only in the soul area for the sake of gameplay convenience. Putting a trader in there wouldn't make sense from a lore perspective. Finally, a few services unique to the city is a good thing.

9. DrizztDoUrden

DrizztDoUrden

Resources:
    Resources:
    If psion enslaves treant total shot begins to happen.
    1. Treant spawns.
    2. Dog spawns.
    3. Dog instantly dies.
    4. Treant gets more hp.
    5. Go to 2 xD.

Also when u enslave allied summons via PvP scalings get weird and they loose all armor. I am not sure but I think they also loose ap bonus and their hp is not reduced. It is like 15% lower then druid owned.

Imbue armor damage is attack damage. It adds psi blade stacks and levitation can affect it.

In 80% games I do not have tp to soul vault after loading. Maybe it is cuz I load vault before char, idk.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  10. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    There had been bug reports about some offensive Psion spells (after stealing) being able to target the Psion or allies aswell.

Can you guys please tell me which spells are affected by that?
    I couldn't find the posts about that because bug reports are scattered all over the place instead of just this subforum.

11. SaikoDeMoN

SaikoDeMoN

Resources:
    Resources:
    Off the top of my head, Crippling Curse. I suppose other DOTs like curse of vampire and gaping wounds have the same problem.

12. Ihazdialup

Ihazdialup

Resources:
    Resources:
    Incinerate as well going off of what Saikodemon said

13. S0ulseeker

S0ulseeker

Resources:
    Resources:
    appears robe of fire protection does not give any armor

14. DrizztDoUrden

DrizztDoUrden

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ground slam can damage air units (enslaved ursa -> air garg)
    If you pull ogre mage with chains while it is casting fireball, missile will spawn where he was before pulling

Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
  15. BoxOfFaith

BoxOfFaith

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sometimes effects stay permanently again happened with bash on a mount with the Deathfire Aura activated (might have to do with toggles) and frost bomb from Alch while not mounted

16. S0ulseeker

S0ulseeker

Resources:
    Resources:
    in the arena dueling a necro he used the stun that does fire damage on me and it persisted out of arena. I was able to use spells and mount but was unable to move and continued after death. Attached is a replay. It occurs at the very end of the repaly.

Attached Files:

17. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Necros using Deathfire Veil are super buggy and can break the buff system.
    This is already fixed for 1.2C, I just don't want to put another B version out there, so that I won't spoiler you guys with all the 1.2C content that is already in my current build.

18. Kaps

Kaps

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sanev quest reward for magician (Hat of Wisdom) doesn't give +1 Ar as intended but +2AP

19. Disneyland™

Disneyland™

Resources:
    Resources:
    the stats panel/threat bar is not appearing when i'm loading a single player game.
    also i saw a "wirt's other leg" item dropped near my character (what's this for? is this supposed to happen?).

20. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Do not use the regular save/load of Warcraft. It is not supported and can lead to weird bugs like those.
    Use the -save command instead to save your character. Play in LAN mode if you want to play solo.