1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

- Bug Report -

Discussion in 'Project Development & Idea Factory' started by -Kobas-, Feb 19, 2011.

1. -Kobas-

-Kobas-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]
    - Bug Report -

Rule 1. Use this thread for reporting any bugs you find ingame. (From item descriptions to broken quests and so on).

Rule 2. All wrong created posts will be deleted or edited.

Rule 3. Please if you want to create new post do it like this:
    Code for "General"
    [table][COLOR=Red][B][General][/B][/COLOR] - "Your question/name/whatever"
    "------------------------ Add description here ------------------------"
    [hr]1000[/hr][I][B][COLOR=PaleGreen]Comment:[/COLOR][/B][/I]
    [h1][COLOR=PaleGreen][I][B]Status:[/B][/I][/COLOR][/h1][/table]
    Code for "Story"
    [table][COLOR=Orange][B][Story][/B][/COLOR] - "Your question/name/whatever"
    Code for "Terrain"
    [table][COLOR=Yellow][B][Terrain][/B][/COLOR] - "Your question/name/whatever"
    Code for "Classes"
    [table][COLOR=LemonChiffon][B][Classes][/B][/COLOR] - "Your question/name/whatever"
    Code for "Items"
    [table][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][B][Items][/B][/COLOR] - "Your question/name/whatever"
    Code for "Abilities"
    [table][COLOR=Cyan][B][Abilities][/B][/COLOR] - "Your question/name/whatever"
    Code for "Quests"
    [table][COLOR=PaleTurquoise][B][Quests][/B][/COLOR] - "Your question/name/whatever"
    Code for "Guilds"
    [table][COLOR=White][B][Guilds][/B][/COLOR] - "Your question/name/whatever"

Status Type

Last edited: Apr 7, 2013
  2. kidsoulex

kidsoulex

Resources:
    Resources:
    [Quests] - "The shadow wolf when i kill it the quest doesn't update(i kill it nothing happens just drops rejuvenation and nothing happens when i pick it, i also killed it again when respawned nothing happened too"

Comment: Yeah trigger was bad!
    • Trigger - Turn on Q Anaxes 02 a <gen>
    Replaced this one above with this one below ^^
    • Trigger - Turn on Q Anaxes 02 b <gen>
    Thanks kidsoulex I will add you into credit list :)

[Items] - "Many items are missing description, one of them its missing stats(dont remember the name of item but he haves a description)"

Comment: I explained this already.
    I am waiting for The_Mirai to finish descriptions.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2011
  3. 88WaRCraFT3

88WaRCraFT3

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    [General] - "You can talk with plants... i found an Plant elf, something like that, and you can use your chat ability with it."

Comment: I forget to add few conditions into that trigger :).
    Will be fixed, thanks

[Systems] - "Sometimes texts on stats, doesn't shows up..."

Comment: I must check setup triggers.
    Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2011
  4. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    [General] - "You can talk with everything. Side notice: Sup, cool and other phrases don't find the theme a lot. In that quest end where guard shows you the moves, you should come up with some less modern word, like "Immpresive". Talking about guards, it should be Captain Smith, not Smith the captain."

Comment: Yeah I saw that, when I was checking 88WaRCraFT3 report ^^
    Thanks

[General] - "Crystal of light provides food.."

Comment: Yay, didn't know that :)
    Thanks again!

[Quests] - "Wolves killed by guards count as killed by you."

Comment: Ahahahah cool :D
    Will be fixed as well :p

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2011
  5. RaijinSpark

RaijinSpark

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    [General] - Model file missing
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Comment: Try to set video settings to max, it works fine here...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2011
  6. Pourquoi

Pourquoi

Resources:
    Resources:
    [Items] - "I've seen the Iron Cuirass of Shifting, which is an Enchanted item according to this thread, dropping from a regular creep. While the thread says that Enchanted items do not drop from them."

Comment: I added all creeps into system, just to test it :)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2011
  7. Zelda.Alex

Zelda.Alex

Resources:
    Resources:
    [General] First this seems good. Terrain I mean. It was to my liking. I didn't complete the demo. Just wrote it halfway the game. Might add to this. Being a demo some of the things I have written might not be relevant but still read it...

1. If i make some forest creatures chase me to the entrance of the town, the guards after helping me kill these don't go back to their places.
    2. The creature re-spawning in this map is like many other maps. the creature come back to the place they originally were after being killed. But that just makes the map much predictable. Like, if i can just remember the places i can avoid many of the groups and save myself. The places of spawning coould change or they could move around a bit. A little difference during the gameplay.
    3. When i have one shield or a vest, if i pick up another one it says "Hero... only one weapon." That should change depending on the item i am picking up.
    4. I can talk to everyone in the town. good. but it seems odd when my player starts saying "i will protect you" to the blacksmith or the guards for that matter.
    5. when killing creatures it comes like this 25/10. it should be 10/25.
    6. It is sometimes very irritating when i am trying to enter/exit a building. i have to exactly click on the circle. otherwise even if i am standing on top of it, i am not teleported. other times i am teleported twice, meaning back to the from i started. Once or twice the problem can be ignored but again and again it can be frustrating.
    7. Give details regarding the job like alchemist etc. in the game.
    8.u could Give a name to the town.
    9. Have you made mana useless in this map?
    10.Do I have to wait to restore my hp? Really boring. Otherwise I can buy those eatables which take 7 or 8 to restore me. Buying them presently is easy, seeing that some good stuff is dropped by the creeps but after that is fixed how do i restore me faster? U'll have to think about that. It makes many rpg maps really boring.
    11.I can keep on eating those breads and others even when my hp is full.
    12.U could allow cinematic to be skipped completely. it gets boring/lengthy sometimes to read all that.
    13.If i get killed i am revived after 10 seconds. With full hp. with no loss of item. no exp deduction. etc. etc. Isn't that a bit favored towards the player?
    14."few days in forest"- it should be "few days ago in forest". "want revenge"-it should be "wants revenge" or "wants his revenge". Get these checked by someone

Comment: Old version, things was improved and changed a lot from this time.

8. Switch33

Switch33

Resources:
    Resources:
    [General] Map crashing on loading?
    For watever reason the map crashes for me on loading before even getting in-game. I tried redownloading to see if it'd still occur and for whatever reason it still does. Maybe this has to do with the map optimizer or widgetizer settings?

Edit: The map crashes around 90% of the time i try to run it. No idea why. I think it's probably not related to my computer specs since I usually don't have that much of a problem running maps that much. When it doesn't crash theres a few things that i've noticed. . .

Hunger:
    Hunger comes very quick after lvl 3 or 4 and then when your at 5 it's hard to move that hunger level at all.
    Possible suggestions:
    Food/items are too rare from animals.
    For some reason your food on top right side of the screen is a really large number in red (i think it's related to hunger).
    There is no food vendor.

Choosing Menu Stuffs:
    The thief seems unfinished. I only briefly tested her but one of her skills said "firebolt" as the name. She also had no description besides a dash like this "/" in the choosing menu.
    The birth signs and professions had no descriptions just names. Are we supposed to guess in-game what a "wolf birth sign" gives you before choosing a hero?

Minor Tooltip/Annoyances Stuffs:
    ACV should be listed in some other way or better explained it seems kind of strange as the text from the tooltips have different colors and whatnot.
    The trees and grass are good but there seems to be a bit of grass spam since there is so much all over the place.
    The quests are boring kill x stuff mostly.

Annoying Camera:
    The camera is better than the last version; however it is very aggravating to deal with. I'd rather have a normal wc3 camera over it to say the least. The filter is a nice look but it only adds to the "you can't see much around youness."

Also a few minor typos--

Map typos:
    loading screen bottom you misspelled hiveworkshop by putting hiveworksop instead.

Map description typos:
    there "sow e" can easily found what we need. ->should be "so we"
    Single Player Role Playing Game (SPRPG) project who promises->"which promises"

Comment: Map crush because of graphic, you need to set everything to high, also larger screen resolution is recommended.
    Idea was to replace hp/mana potions with food, you will be forced to eat all the time but as well you won't be able to eat above 100 points, so this way we can disable you from buying 100 food items and attacking boss after that. "There is no food vendor." Agreed, actually I placed just quest related NPC and guards. As soon as PROXY finish some models you will find them ingame.
    About hero pic, well I was thinking of importing Maker CustomWindowSystem, but he still need to finish it and add more things to it so I just wait for update. After that everything will be much easier to notice.
    "Minor Tooltip/Annoyances Stuffs" Yes I agree, that's why I uploaded map, so I can get info about it from you. Quests are boring maybe, but they are optional, created just for fun, main quests will have cinematic triggered fallowing them, better story and options.
    "Annoying Camera" Using left, right, up and down keys you should quickly get used to it. Using normal camera is impossible, because of doodads and terrain created. Still I will add option where will camera fallow unit facing so you can turn it on and of if needed. Should be easier to play then.
    "Also a few minor typos" Thanks, this will be fixed as soon as possible.

9. Remixer

Remixer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I think first post after second release!

[Systems] - Item System
    Thief can carry many same kind of items. For example he can carry sword, dagger and a mage staff.
    Also can wear atleast 2 helmets at the same time.
    Comment: This is really strange, because when I tested everything after optimizing map it worked fine, even this, must check code. Solved.

[Systems] - Food system
    Your hero will be also slowed when food cap is higher than 100. Fix it please very annoying if you eat lot at once.
    Comment: Check buff description, if you eat 2 much you will overfed your hero, because of that he won't be able to eat for some time and his AS and MS will be reduced. (This was added to block possibility to buy 1000 food items and use them constantly while fighting against strong units, like boss units for example.)

[Terrain] - Pathing
    Found some pathing bugs which allows hero go to mountains and then into middle of the map. Like I did and I was so lost that I could not return to "playable" map area also some creeps are runnning into there. Particularly at swamp found atleast 10 creeps running on mountains; forest spirit, satyrs, lobsters (or what you call them) and also few crabs...

Tried to upload screenshots though I could not make it... =( I don´t know how to "tell" you know where there is some of them...
    Comment: Yeah I found errors myself as well, fixed in 0.1.7.3 version.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2012
  10. WerePhoenix

WerePhoenix

Resources:
    Resources:
    [General] - "Not respawning"
    I sometimes crash after I die. I have the best resolution and everything

Comment: Dunno why, but I coded system in vjass now, and it works for me fine, will see.

[Abilities] - Tooltip and buff
    1. The Thief's stab abilities named as Howl of Terror and Firebolt. And if there isn't any hotkey why is "w" and "b" yellow?
    2. The Thief's 'Howl of Terror' gives a buff, that last until you die.

Comment: Fixed/Improved/Solved.

[Items] - Thief mage
    Thief can wear a robe (sorry but I crushed and I don't know it's name, but it looked like it's made out of lots of cloth pieces [model])

Comment:

Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
  11. Remixer

Remixer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Bugs

[Quests] - The Forest Hunter
    When you complete quest "The Forest Hunter" quest log says :
    Killed Creatures: 19/20 (Completed)

Shouldn´t it be "20/20 (Completed)"

Comment: I will check this. Checked and solved.

[General] - Upgraded Version
    Version of updated map is 0.1.7.4 though the map selection says something else I think it says "0.1.7.3" maybe fix that?

Comment: My bad, sorry.

[Classes] - Sorcerer
    Selecting Intelligence as a sorcerer point gives him 3 intellegence point though it says that it will give only 1.

Comment: Hmmm... Must check code.
    Ahahaha found error. This line was bad:
    call SetHeroInt(HERO, GetHeroInt(HERO, true ) + 1, true)
    It will set hero int to hero int + bonuses (with orb at start you have 2 bonus int) so you gain 3 int :)
    call SetHeroInt(HERO, GetHeroInt(HERO, false ) + 1, true)
    Fixed it.

[Items] - Fail Name
    "New Robe of Appremtice" it should be "Apprentice".

Comment: Fixed.

[Systems] - Money...
    If a unit owned not by you kills an creature you´ll gain gold from it.
    Even if you haven´t thouched it.

Comment: Must see code. Fixed

[General] - Looting
    If you die and you are looting you can not "loot all" ofcourse
    but you still can drop the item to ground from the corpse I think that´s wrong.

Comment: You should not be able to select your hero when you die. Because you can't see it, I won't fix bugs that come out while using cheats :razz:

12. WerePhoenix

WerePhoenix

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sorry, but I don't know how to use the images
    [General] - Why don't you let me in? :'-(
    I just can't go in the villange, becouse they killed a Boar (They might think: Haha, now we are better than you! XD ) View attachment WC3ScrnShot_123011_131638_02.tga and one more to prove View attachment WC3ScrnShot_123011_131641_03.tga

[Systems] - Quest Completed!!
    When the guards killed a Boar, I could loot it BUT, when I clicked on the "collect all" button (my inventory was full), it didn't dropped on the ground and then I saw a message : "Q U E S T C O M P L E T E D!" I was so suprised, that I missed the screenshot, but I took a demonstraiting shot. View attachment WC3ScrnShot_123011_131707_04.tga The Boar was nearly under the bow.

[Abilities] - Owls
    If you use the Archer's ability not in front of her, for explane behind her, then the owls won't fly to the casted direction.

Comment:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2012
  13. ERYFKRAD

ERYFKRAD

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    [General] - "Typos"
    "I found a few, e.g.- the guy on horseback in the starting zone has the word "promissed" in his quest description"
    "Further, if needed, I can help with grammar fixes and such."

Comment:

14. Ken-E

Ken-E

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    As of 0.1.7.5
    [General] - Typos
    Aviable = Available
    [​IMG]

Elixit = Elixir
    [​IMG]
    I think this should really be called elixir, for some reason.

[Systems] - "Easy Boss Fight Bug"
    Insta-Gib Broodmother Heart
    [​IMG] Playing as Sorcerer, and I decided to do some orb walk since its a classic RPG boss strategy, shooting off the lightning skill and frostbiting this boss from afar caused it to freeze in the middle of the battle, allowing players to easily gain the heart without a challenge.

Comment: New version removed this errors.

[General] - No Description
    [hidden='"Thief No Description"][​IMG][/hidden]

Comment: New version removed this errors.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2012
  15. WerePhoenix

WerePhoenix

Resources:
    Resources:
    [Systems] - Elemetnal
    If you or the water element die, the mana will continue burning

Comment:

[Abilities] - Bloodthrist?
    Thief's ability is named "Bloodthrist|"

Comment: New Tooltips are created.

[Items] - Backpack
    Sometimes if I buy and item it goes in the backpack, even if I don't have that "kind" of item.

Comment:

[Abilities] - Run!
    When I cast an ability (I used Backstab) instead attacking, then the animal will run away.

Comment:

[Items] - Chicken Leg
    The Frierd Chicken Leg doesn't show how much mana it will restore (in the shop)

Comment: It don't restore mana, just hp.

[Systems] - Can't eat more!
    When I respawned and (elemental bug was working) I summoned the water elemental, after this I unsummoned him (very small interval). And, poof, the message showed up that I can't eat anymore and the item dropped. However, once I've got back 2 Pet item.

Comment:

I deleted/corrected some message, becouse the new version is out. (glass-ping)

Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
  16. Remixer

Remixer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    [General] - Unit Names
    The "Footman" units in the camp are name "Footrman" or something.

Comment: Silly error I guess. Fixed

[Systems] - Camera
    If you play "Camera Off" the camera wont move to the hero if you use the teleportation scroll.

Comment: New system is created.

[Items] - Items
    You are abled to use Teleportation Scroll in the room where you choose where to go.

Comment: New system :)

[General] - fun
    The start cinematic tries to say "Have Fun" though only "fun" appears.
    Maybe forgot to remove whole quest message?

Comment: Strange, but fixed.

17. Geries

Geries

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Muhaha I found several things.. just at the first 5 mins :p

[General] - Ranger
    I seen you changed the ranger texture to male.. or it is just some random boy looking girl.. but anyways it has female sounds :S

[General] - Background fail??
    I think it self explain
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

This is for all hero model.. Some background fail...

[General] - Stacked effects
    It is not a major bug.. but since I am maximalist.. Feel the care.

[​IMG]

Comment:

Will continue...

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2012
  18. WerePhoenix

WerePhoenix

Resources:
    Resources:
    [General] - Everything in one space
    ->In the second book of the hunter's diary, there are some missing spaces.

->If I hit an unit with lightning, then I doesn't attack me.

->Cinematic:
    >At the beginning of the first "quest", when I say xxx is my name, then the whole text after the name(included) is red.
    >If I hit the ESC button in the right time, then I "finish" the cinematic twice. (This
    means, that I get 2 messages and 2 essences.)
    >If I order my hero in the right time to move somewhere, then it will just go away

->I'm not sure, that it's a bug:
    >The bear doesn't do anything
    >There is not relic
    >The question marks just won't disappear (after quest)

Comment:

19. The Wizard

The Wizard

Resources:
    Resources:
    [Abilities]
    "Sorcerer is an imba class"
    If you use combination "frostbite-lightning strike(use lightning while frostbite is still damaging target)" your target becomes permanently immobile!

Comment: New systems, fixed.

[General]
    "Spelling error"
    Look at squire class information. It says something like "he can wild differend weapons and armor". Maybe wield?

Comment:

[Systems]
    "Axesword strange model"
    Sqiure again. When i was using an "Iron Axe" and an "Iron Sword of Brutality" dropped, i changed them with each other, so i had sword in my right hand. Then i took the axe to my bag and after all noticed, that axe and sword model mixed. Check the effect systems. If you want, i can give you a screen)
    Comment: It should be fixed now.

[Systems]
    "Food again"
    when you begin the game, food count is on zero. when you are revived after dying, food count is 100. What does it really have to be - 100 and 100 or 0 and 0?

Comment: Silly error, fixed.

[Abilities] - "Just Bug"
    I was playing as a thief. When i cast backstab on a bear and he casted brutal attack on me at the same time, the game had DEADLY lag and there were recycling game text messages on the whole screen(can't remember exactly, but there were words like "Spellbook", and "Channeling bar")

Comment:

and btw i hope you'll really fix that

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2012
  20. Alain.Mark

Alain.Mark

Resources:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    [General] - "Are there any requirements?"
    "My does open but after the progress of the loading bar is approximately ~65% warcraft 3 crashes w/ out showing any error dialogues."

Comment: You must set wc3 graphic to MAX and high resolution screen is highly suggested.