1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Weave light to take you to your highest hopes - the 6th Special Effect Contest is here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

- Bug Report -

Discussion in 'Project Development & Idea Factory' started by -Kobas-, Feb 19, 2011.

1. krustnik

krustnik

Resources:
    Resources:
    [General] - Game crashes after loading saved game.
    After saved game is been loaded and you would like to use unused skill ponts game crashes, tested few times to confirm.

P.S. GREAT JOB!! looking forward to see the map completed ;) Thumps UP!

Comment:

2. Vizel

Vizel

Resources:
    Resources:
    Quick notes: I picked up the newest version as of May 3, 2012. the version was like 0.5.1.1p I believe.
    I played 3 rounds, the first was battlepriest on easy, second was assassin on normal, and third was warrior on normal. (I will reference this in the different bug reports)
    Furthermore, I used "systems" instead of "items" for the item-related issues, because I believe it's a coding issue, not an OE issue.

[Quests] - Hunting wolf quest (I forgot name D:)
    When you have the quest to hunt the wolves, sometimes whilst standing around the counter will increase. I played through the map three times and it happened in the first two occasions, but not the third. Only on the Warrior did it not increase the counter when standing around not killing wolves. Perhaps guards were killing them, but I am not sure, I was unable to confirm this.

Comment:

[Systems] - Combat Text is unreliable.
    As mentioned above in the other report in this thread, I played through the game three times. Only the third time (The Warrior) did the combat text show up how it should. When I did it with the battlemage, the only time any text would appear is after the use of fire ball (Which, btw, has no hotkey) from the Fire Staff. Otherwise there was none while playing both the battlemage and assassin. Only when playing the warrior.

Comment:

[Systems] - Equipment Malfunction!
    When I equip a Fire Staff, it takes my sttack speed down to slow. This effect seems to be permanent with this weapon. If I remove it, and put on another weapon, then go back to the staff, it stacks the atkspd reduction until regardless of what I equip, I will attack every couple seconds.

Comment:

[Systems] - Equipment malfunctions Part 2
    The Fire Staff again. This occurred while playing on the Battlemage. When I had a full inventory, and equipped a fire staff after dropping my current weapon (An iron sword) to the ground along with the shield I was wearing, a couple of very strange things happened:

1: Upon removing the Fire staff, and equipping a sword and shield again, the fire staff remained in my right hand on my character along with my shield. My unit attacked as if he were dualwielding the staff and the sword while holding a shield (In truth, it looked pretty cool, lol).

2: I was still able to use fire ball even though the staff was not equipped. This leads me to believe the system thought the staff was still equipped (hence it still being on the model), though I'm not sure.

3: The icon in the inventory that is used to drop items turned into the iron sword icon for some odd reason. It still functioned properly, just the icon had changed.

Comment:

[Systems] - Dem Bandits!
    There's a bandit camp up near the top of the map full of bandits that attack as a group (Like 6 of them I believe). Besides the fact that they are impossible to kill alone (Even with a Mask of Death that I managed to find an pick up it was impossible), when you kill them, they respawn immediately as the next-level creep! I will give an example.

I was level 10 and I killed a couple of the bandits. While in the process of slaughtering some of their buddies, a couple of "Roques" (Which, btw is a typo of Rogue, I believe... I think it should be a G!) spawned and preceeded to eat me alive. After running off and healing, I came back and managed to finish off all the lesser bandits, but every time I did, they immediately respawned as more Roques. I preceeded to pick off the Roques one by one by dragging them away from the camp, and when I went back to get more, there was Assassins (Level 3) in their places (By now I had just hit level 12) which preceeded to absolutely annihilate me and laugh at my futile attempts to run away.

This did not happen in any other area.

Comment:

[Terrain] - Awww, a cute little lobster-thing!
    At some point during gameplay, a random level 2 makrura spawned in a random place near the bottom of the map in an area that the player cannot access. Beside it was a random broken dagger. I know this because around the makrura and the dagger the mask was lifted and I could see/click them. I only noticed this after I had gone through it on my third round.

Comment:

[Terrain] - Changing difficulty on the fly!
    Down on the bottom left corner where you choose your class and difficulty at the beginning of the game, if you move the camera down to that area, you can still see the circle of power where you chose your difficulty. While this isn't particularly a major issue, the fact that you can then change the difficulty by clicking around the circle where the other difficulties would be.... is a major issue.

Comment:

[General] - Shadow Essence (Or whatever the "lumber" thing is called)?
    When you mouse over it in the UI, it mentions something along the lines of you getting it for doing harder challenges. However, when I go east to where all the undead creeps are, every single one drops some amount of these essences or whatever it is. spirits dropped 1, minions dropped 2, the Dark Minions (lv2) dropped 3, and the ghosts dropped 2 if I recall correctly. They are not particularly difficult to dispatch (except if you manage to get 4 dark minions (lv2) all attacking you simultaneously...Ouch), so I am thinking this may be a bug. Throwing it out there just in case.

Comment:

[General] - I speak kuma! (bears)
    I thought this was rather interesting. I can speak to bears by using the interact button! They wished me a good day! How thoughtful! :D

I'm referring to the invulnerable big bear and the little cubs surrounding it.

Comment:

If I think of any others, I'll edit this post. :)

I really enjoyed playing the map. After I spent an hour looking for the dark flower that I couldn't find until I had made a full lap around the camp, anyway.

Last edited: May 4, 2012
  3. krustnik

krustnik

Resources:
    Resources:
    regarding
    It happen to me too on every bandit camp but just once on each camp. (after killing each group of bandits they spawned immediately but when i killed them 2nd time they didnt spawn so fast.)

4. PUVer

PUVer

Resources:
    Resources:
    It may be, this is someone wrote, but still ...
    [Systems] - Inventory
    In some of the inventory slots can not drag items. Check out all the slots. Particularly central.

Comment: New system, fixed.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2012
  5. WerePhoenix

WerePhoenix

Resources:
    Resources:
    [Items] - Original items
    There is a chance to drop original items.

Comment:

[Items] - Exchange items
    If you pick up an item and place it in the "weapons", then everything convers into a fine- or superb- item.

Comment:

[General] - Pathing
    The bandit, who drops the pendant is stucked between the fire and the tent
    AND
    (temporary)Near the portals if it's daytime you can see and activate the portals and then teleport out the "Closed Sphere".
    AND
    The items in special cases and an unit is copied at the visioned place in the bottom of the map.
    AND
    The soldiers in the small camp kill units(this cause: item drop, hunter quest +1...).

Comment:

EDIT: I hope you understand my sentences and corrected/added some things. I don't like double post.

Last edited: May 6, 2012
  6. HammerFist132

HammerFist132

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    [General] - "i can select units for hero select/difficult etc.."
    I have started game and after some time. I was wondering(lutao po mapi. bad spelling may xD) on map and I came down left and i could select units. Text appear like difficul easy.

Comment: Silly error, fixed.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2012
  7. Fire Eagle

Fire Eagle

Resources:
    Resources:
    First i played, I saved it. I loaded it then I go to the skills menu cause I leveled up and then the warcraft was closed it said that Fatal error. Press ok to terminate the application. I love the game. I hope that it would be fixed.

8. Vengeancekael

Vengeancekael

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't think it supports the default save/load system.

9. CHA_Owner

CHA_Owner

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Lol i picked the ability to add bash to my character and instead it gave me defend then i could no longer choose defend.

Also as previously posted when using bow if you die then respawn you are back in melee.

And i feel the stat system could use some more work i uped light armor 6 times and did not do anything at all and knowing what each upgrade does needs to be shown better than the disappearing text message.

Other than those few things game is great so far i love the look of it and unlike most of the recent rpgs coming out its unique and has features ive never seen before.

-----------------------------
    I will check those things asap.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2012
  10. Geries

Geries

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    [Systems] - Creep Respawn
    It does the effects but no creep spawn.

Comment: Fixed already, I just forget to change dummy owner :v

[Items] - Gold coins
    When killing mobs, gold coins thrown around as a reward, and I was picking up all into my inventory. Yes, inventory quickly got filled with Gold items I couldn't do anything with. It took a little time to realize that I pick up them when I go over-near them. ---> They should not be pickable.

Comment:

[General] - Spells
    Ok, screw me cause I don't know how to-where obtain spells and stuffs, I tried 3 different classes but they had no spells. Also I don't think mages find good wear with equipping shields, so you should make restriction for it( mages can equip shields ) or at least make negative effects.

Comment:

[Items - Suggestion] - Inventory
    When I pick up a shield/sword/helmet/whatever it should be immediately transfered to equipments-user interface stuff.

Comment:

[Items - Suggestion] - Inventory
    Stuffs such as foods should stack.

Comment:

[General - Suggestion] - Unit facing
    When I talk to a unit with "Interact" spell they should face at me for a short time, or till the dialog conversation ends. Talking to their back is just weird.

Comment:

EDIT: Arwwz just forgot one more thing :D

[Systems] - Trackables :>
    Ok, don't know actually where is this problem, but at some of your UI-es the trackables are too small, and me, who is lazy to move the mouse to the middle of an object has difficulties with clicking-selecting. If you need new trackable model, you know where you can find me :>

Comment:

I LIED, there ar moar one recommendation. Uhh.. Just forgot it.. wait.. I know it!

[Systems - Suggestion] - UI tooltips
    I know you are using Maker's Window thing to display the info texts. ( If you are not using that, I missed this so hardly ) Nah, is there a way to make tooltips display longer, or display till you don't move your cursor away? If you ask Maker for letting me edit the system, I gladly add the mentioned feature or maybe he would add it for you.

Comment:

*BBCode is a bad bitch.*

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  11. WerePhoenix

WerePhoenix

Resources:
    Resources:
    [Items] - Shadow Essence
    If you "pick up" a shadow essence, it will act as a rune and disappear, which couse : if you walk over it the special effect won't stop until you walk away.

Comment: Fixed

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2013
  12. Fat_fast

Fat_fast

Resources:
    Resources:
    [Abilities] -On v0.8.0.0 when u try to learn mortal blow with assassin it gives u defense instead, haven't try it the other way around yet.

Comment: SotP use new system so this is fixed now.

[Quests] - All side quest have the same tool tips like hunter in training

Comment: This have been fixed.

13. shoyras

shoyras

Resources:
    Resources:
    [General] - "Camera?/Shoyras/fuckthat"
    Take that joke camera off. Its royaly annoying and game breaking. Idc if you want to hide useless shit just allow the player to decide for himself. Why would it matter to you anyway ?

Comment: Camera stay as it is, sry.

14. StormChaser

StormChaser

Resources:
    Resources:
    I was finally able to play the demo map! Yay! I really like the game so far. However during my playthrough I ran into a few problems which I have listed below.

[Systems] Lowest inventory row isn't working!
    I was moving stuff around the Inventory when I noted that the lowest row didn't work. I couldn't place any items in the lowest row.

Comment: It should work now

[Quests] Introduction quest is missing a requirement in quest log.
    After you have talked with the 4 people you are told to meet the quest updated with Talk to Eva. However that requirement doesn't show up in the quest log.

Comment: Try to scroll down

[Items] Hunter's Log grammatical error.
    I noted that 2 words are smashed together in the text which appears when you chose to read Hunter's Log II.

Comment: Thank you for this, fixed.

[Abilities] Shadow Tree: Heal
    For some reason I am able to heal enemy animals if I accidentally places the spell onto them. It's a bit annoying since it makes the battle harder.

Comment: SotP use new ability system now, so this isn't a issue anymore.

[Systems] Attribute numbers disappear on re-load of a old save. Also Fatal Error occurred.
    This is potentially game breaking I think. When I was going to add new attribute points after I got up in level the numbers which tell me how many point I've placed so far disappeared. All the other stats also disappeared. Then when I was about to place a new attribute point the game crashed due to a fatal error.

Comment: Must check this...
    Blizzard save is buggy, new version use lumber instead of custom stat, so this may be fixed. I already imported core SaveLoad code, it will be fully operational in some of next versions.
    Using SaveLoad here will remove all bugs of this kind.

[General] Cinematic returned red screen.
    During a early cinematic the screen went completely red for a second or two.

Comment: Strange...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2013
  15. Deathwing_XXX

Deathwing_XXX

Resources:
    Resources:
    [Quests] - In Shadows of the Past 0.9.0.3 I found a bug on a quest when you found the imperial battlemages and go back to Master Anaxes I go through the cinematic and accepted the quest where you find Trioh. I used interact 3 times on Master Anaxes and I've gone through the same cinematic where Arkail reports to Master Anaxes about the hideout that the imperial battlemages found which was the cinematic after I found the battlemages and go to Master Anaxes and after that I have 3 same quests.
    This is the screenshot.
    [​IMG]

Comment: Trigger that started quest wasn't destroyed.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2013
  16. bbaby

bbaby

Resources:
    Resources:
    [Quests] - Main Quest!
    I can't talk to Trioh in the main quest! He still has yellow exclamation mark above his head.
    What's wrong here?

Comment: End of the Story, for current version, question mark is there because of Quest System I use

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2013
  17. bbaby

bbaby

Resources:
    Resources:
    [Quests] - Main Quest - Rise of the Fallen
    I can't complete this quest! I came to Trioh hideout, he had question mark. but i couldn't talk to him.

Comment:

18. GOTCHA

GOTCHA

Resources:
    Resources:
    help my game keeps crashing when entering the inn in the first town

19. Remixer

Remixer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Have you set all the settings to High from Warcraft III options? The game will most likely crash if you have not done so.

20. GOTCHA

GOTCHA

Resources:
    Resources:
    yes all settings set to high....and another problem the i cant interact with npc after the burn mark quest