• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNEarthTotem

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: deepstrasz
The Shaman summons an Earth Totem to protect nearby Allies.

Update: Straightened, details, small glow + Colors.

Keywords:
Totem, Earth, Shaman
Contents

BTNEarthTotem (Icon)

Reviews
10:08, 9th Jul 2009 zombie2279: The whole perspective is too generic and simple. You should have angled it at least a slight bit to give room for more 3D details. It looks too flat now, the shading is lacking and the texture doesn't look wooden at...

M

10:08, 9th Jul 2009
zombie2279: The whole perspective is too generic and simple. You should have angled it at least a slight bit to give room for more 3D details. It looks too flat now, the shading is lacking and the texture doesn't look wooden at all. The level of details used and the glow seem to be quite okay. I suggest further zooming in, to give room for more details, maybe leaving out a part and detailing the shading/highlights afterwards, which will naturally make the whole icon more realistic. Adding a background, like lightning effects or some sort of summoning effect would also be a good idea.

Update it anytime you wish.

The Panda

Icon Reviewer
Level 57
Review,
---------------------------------------------
1:Looks to small, doesn't really look good straight in the middle.
2:I would say to make it straight instead of twirly effect you have on it now.
3:Cant really tell what the decorations are, as in "1" you might wanna make it bigger or re size.
4:Backround may be needed.

(All my recommendations to your icon, you can use these or not your choice)
Army-of-pandas

Level 2
it's not that good (sorry) , i think you need a background for the icon like desert or somthin .

The Panda

Icon Reviewer
Level 57
Review,
1:Looks to small, doesn't really look good straight in the middle.(DONE)
2:I would say to make it straight instead of twirly effect you have on it now.(DONE)
3:Cant really tell what the decorations are, as in "1" you might wanna make it bigger or re size.(DONE)
4:Backround may be needed.(NOT USED)

(All my recommendations to your icon, you can use these or not your choice)
Army-of-pandas

Looks good, but you still need a backround or somthing, maybe if your gonna make a nature and a water totem. Then you might wanna make this backround brown and then make as for the water totem's backround blue, if you get what im saying.

Level 8
Yeah, looks betetr but the totem has a strange glow on it ? It just seems kinda weird to me. I think you added a background to it, am not sure it's a litle undefined ( It's pretty late here so it might just be my eye sight. ) I think you could make the totem bigger so it extends over the boarders :D But just my opinion.

-Somnium