1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

BSM RP oBeta .63998p

Submitted by BloodStorm2262
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
Check out the map's official site and forums, and make yourself a profile...
CLICK HERE
NEW VERSION, I /DEMAND/ A LEGITIMATE REVIEW BEFORE REJECT/APPROVAL... K THNX.

A DnD map with many advantages over Vuen's, though with these advantages it takes time to learn how to use the map. As a new DM or Player make sure to read through the quest list, it is advisable to read through all the features although it may take some time.

Features completely customizable terrain, a system for players to pick a race, gender, and class instead of a generic hero, the ability to make rivers or mountains, a huge amount of options for walls, trees, and lines, in-game placeable boundaries, equipable weapons and offhand items (can be seen), an item system to limit amount held and to allow charged items to stack, ranged and melee options for heroes, a unique chat system on par with Vuen's or any other RP, and much more.

Any questions or comments please contact CxR2262@gmail.com or CxR2262@USEast on b-net.

CxR2262 is BloodStorm2262's new B-net account.

Oh and for god's sake, if you RP don't use Warcraft lore! :)

Updates
--Uploaded wrong version at first, please re-DL--
---Errors occured in last version with creep return distance and gate, fixed and reupload--

--Fixed a large number of bugs, added new features, rebalanced some classes--

---Updated alot of features, added a number of new commands such as floating text, item remove, strip COLOR, ttype TERRAIN, etc. / Added Merfolk race--

New features include:

Add ability and remove ability system, ex/ 'firebolt ; @firebolt

Customizable Spawner system, allows periodic spawning of a specific unit to reduce stress on DMs.

Respawner system, periodically respawns all units around it (on placement) including heroes and units of different types but only of its player owner ( ex/ a neutral hostile respawner will respawn only the creeps it is placed by and not the heroes fighting them ).

Simplified commands such as "uk" and "gk" for kill unit or kill group.

Floating text command, including customizable colored floating text.

Item remove command, strip player (hero) command, strip unit command.

Remove player command.

Seller/Buyer command added to create shops out of any unit or building.

Fixed color/give/giver and tint commands.

Some updated models.

New race, Merfolk a STR and INT strong race who is fairly balanced among all three stats.

Campsite system, tent upon construction instantly places flag to its position (offset for visuals) to allow heroes to choose their own respawn points, and campfires which may restore health and mana for players but must charge and recharge over time.

A number of new spells and spell updates, ex/ Shadowstrike does bonus damage to sleeping targets.

Replace command updated to be much more useable.

And many more that will go unlisted... Change Log actually misses some of the updates from the previous version to the new one due to so many updates between the previous version on the hive to the latest one. (Yeah I know, I work fast lol).
Make sure to read through the questlist to familiarize yourself with the new commands and the features, as well as to see the updates to the old.

--Fixes--

Fixed add abilities to prevent broken abilities occuring, damn you Warcraft 3! lol
Changed "tent" command to "camptent" to prevent overlapping with unit spawning

New Chest System
What is this... A key?[​IMG]
I wonder what I could use this for...[​IMG]
I just opened this chest with a key![​IMG]
And it dropped random loot based on my level! Woot![​IMG]
Yeah, check out my club![​IMG]
Hey, check out his club![​IMG]

Screenshots (.6398)

Just to clarify, all of this is terrain created in game using commands within the map. All of the units are placed in game, those by wards are periodically spawned through a customizable system in game after being placed. This is really just a random selection, just about anything is possible.
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

Teaser Screenshots (.6399 Models)

[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
Or like Vuen's...[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

THIS MAP IS PROTECTED AND OPTIMIZED
NEWEST VERSION: Open-Beta .63998p

Keywords:
DnD, rp, roleplay, roleplaying, rping, bsm, bloodstorm, cxr, 2262, custom, customize, create, creator, worldedit, quest, rpg, destiny of the fated, do
Contents

BSM RP oBeta .63998p (Map)

Reviews
11:56, 1st Aug 2009 ap0calypse: Rejected
  1. BloodStorm2262

BloodStorm2262

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Might I request a re-review?

2. wereguy2

wereguy2

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yep, gimme the map.

3. BloodStorm2262

BloodStorm2262

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I think its updated here, otherwise its here.

4. The World Is Flat

The World Is Flat

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    What are the new updates?

5. wereguy2

wereguy2

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Random Suggestions
    • I still think you should rename many of the object names.
    • The DM should be able to look at placeables before they are deselected.
    • Multiple DMs would be nice...
    • I suggest removing every race which does not have a model with alternate animations - namely ranged ones, and make the existing ones actually use theirs.

Actual Points
    Well, you mostly fixed up the PCs, which was the main issue, however many abilities still reference Wc3 units etc. Now your priority is documentation, as this map is still incredibly inaccessible. Also, DM placeable selection is still a complete mess. As well as the point the the idle suggestion bit up there, many units are also incredibly hard to click on...
    Personally, I still do NOT like this map, it is extremely messy and... bleh! However, given it's nature, I suppose it's approveable, others may like it...
    Still, you really need to continue working on this, it's still far from complete.

6. BloodStorm2262

BloodStorm2262

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    To The World Is Flat:
    --> Chat ranged system, food system with 20 types of food, 150 or so weapons that can be equipped (and are rebalanced), 20 or so armors, a bunch of fixes, spell rebalances, chest/door opening with keys system, probably much else too.

To Wereguy(girl)2:
    --> Object Names, I repeat are all but useless because you can create floating text if your all that worried about Object names. And players "set names" rather than using unit names.
    --> I don't know what your saying with placeables/deselected can you explain?
    --> Multiple DMs will be out in .64, just doing the new class/spells then releasing that.
    -->I don't animate models and can't seem to find anyone who is willing to, but i'll be the first to admit that this is needed and anyone who can do this would be repped of course.

The documentation is entirely in the quests, although I know its a pain in the ass it is Wc3's formatting not mine. If you have another suggestion for documenting in game feel free to let me know.
    The hard to click on/DM area is definitely a problem but you can lower your camera with the zoom command to make it easier instantly.

7. wereguy2

wereguy2

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well I will repeat that you should change object names to basic, extremely vague single-word descriptions.

When a placeable is selected for placement by the DM, it is immediately deselected, I do not think that this should happen, and that their stats should be viewable.

No, what I was saying about the models is that there are many - such as the human male one etc. with alternate animations (firing a bow etc.). You should put these to use.

Some basic documentation (such as how to create a hero) should be displayed onscreen at the start of the game.

How about some sort of special "menu" thing that can be accessed through the DM pointer that shows the unit selection area from a top-down perspective? That could make selection easier...

8. BloodStorm2262

BloodStorm2262

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    As a player it does say how to create a hero at the start of the game...(?) <<-**EDIT** It used to, added it again guess i deleted that part. **

And you can type in -far or -2far to get a top down perspective at any time as DM, which is also mentioned at start :)

I'm not changing object names like I said I find that pointless and have only ever heard anything talking about doing such from you :p, but do you have a link to that Human Male model?

the deselection is just how it works in all the RP maps, but I get your point I'll change that now.

also, I'm working on a new spell/class system that should be out shortly which will hopefully please you and the players

Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
  9. The World Is Flat

The World Is Flat

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I Just plaied a round, and yeah, people were dying to have me speed up, so i did like a buch of mini quests, and then told them to all get snacks while i made a larger one, but after like ten mins of playing, i got a fatal error... i forget what i was doing at the time...

10. BloodStorm2262

BloodStorm2262

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    the map version here I believe is corrupted, uploading a new version (plus a new race and some model replacements for weapons, and some fixes) today in a little bit.

The version I will be uploading I played for 4 1/2 hours or so without problem

11. Titanhex

Titanhex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sounds pretty cool, I'm slightly curious about this. I'm always being pointed out to new RP maps and whatnot, and know that whatever MageofMystra makes will be a serious competitor to them. He's got some RP map project in the works.

If you update soon tell me.

12. wereguy2

wereguy2

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hurm, still not approved.
    Weird.

13. BloodStorm2262

BloodStorm2262

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    thats why I've stopped coming to Hive Workshop, still glance by and check whats new every once in a while. Working on new versions, had a hardware meltdown and lost the map but I finally found an unprotected version and am now back up to where I was aswell as having added a few new features. I'll simply upload a new map to hiveworkshop and go through the process again once I feel I've made substantial progress.
    Until then the latest version is, as always, available on my website. [Link on my signature]

14. The World Is Flat

The World Is Flat

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well i'm sorry to hear about that. hope to see a new version in a month or two. (on the hive)

15. wereguy2

wereguy2

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Actually, I'm pretty sure it's against the rules to upload a new version as a separate Map section object. Contact the mods instead.

16. BloodStorm2262

BloodStorm2262

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    New version has been uploaded, I'd like someone (other than wereguy2 <-- No offense meant) to review it and REJECT/APPROVE. Thanks in advanced.