• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Brilliance Aura but Mana loss per second / Max mana ?

Level 5
1710917581247.png

I want to make an effect from Brilliance Aura but apply to all enemies on the map.
Instead of having a certain amount of mana restored, they will lose mana for every second they are on the map.
It will be deducted about 10 + 2% of that hero's max mana every second.

Level 11
Set the Mana regeneration of Brilliance Aura to negatives (Go -> file -> preferences -> Allow negative real values in the object editor).

Then set the range of Brilliance Aura to its maximum.

As for how to make the deduction relate to the Hero's maximum Mana... I'm not sure how to do that.

Set the Mana regeneration of Brilliance Aura to negatives (Go -> file -> preferences -> Allow negative real values in the object editor).

Then set the range of Brilliance Aura to its maximum.

As for how to make the deduction relate to the Hero's maximum Mana... I'm not sure how to do that.
The last can be easy or complicated depending on if the ability is levelled or not, I think. In general, trigger + buff detection since I am not sure how Brilliance exactly works. Iirc it uses percentages

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
You're not going to be able to do "10 + 2% of that hero's max mana every second" without triggering it. It's a pretty simple trigger though, you just loop through a Unit Group and subtract mana from the (Picked unit)'s.

@samboluong
Do you want it to be a global aura or should it only affect enemies within say 900 Area of Effect? Because your post makes it sound like it has 99999 Area of Effect. Also, does it use 2% of the enemies max mana or 2% of the Brilliance Aura hero's max mana? Also, you never stated if this was a Hero ability or not, does it have Levels? If yes, how does it scale per Level?

Edit:
Attached a map with what I assume you wanted. It requires a Unit Indexer to use, and the latest patch to open.

Edit 2: Fixed a bug.

Attachments

• Mana Drain Aura 1.w3m
    26.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Yes, it reduces mana per second based on the % of the opponent's mana. It only has regular skills
Here's an updated version that is a Unit ability instead of a Hero ability. It also drains based on the enemy unit's max mana instead of your own.

You need to Add all of the units with this ability to the MDA_Caster_Group:
  • MDA Add Aura Unit
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • -------- You want to do this when a Unit gains the Mana Drain Aura ability! --------
      • Set VariableSet MDA_Caster = Archmage 0001 <gen>
      • Unit Group - Add MDA_Caster to MDA_Caster_Group
      • Trigger - Turn on MDA Loop Mana Drain <gen>
Remember that you can train units, buy units, summon units, and they can be pre-placed on the map beforehand, so you need to account for this. In my example the Archmage is pre-placed so I'm adding it at the start of the game (0 second mark).

Edit: Fixed a bug.

Attachments

• Mana Drain Aura NonHero.w3m
    25.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited: