• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Cannot change mana reg on unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
Hello.

I have got a weird thing going on in the map I'm working on.

I have set the mana reg bonus per int point to 0.
All heroes have a base mana reg of 5 per second.

For some reason it does not seem to matter what I type into the base mana regeneration for any units, they still regenerate 0 mana even at 1000 mana per second.

I tried changing back the mana reg per int point to the original state and then they reg like 1 mana every other second EVEN though I have set that unit's base mana reg to 1000.

Has this ever happened to anyone else?

I noticed however that if I set the base max mana on the unit to anything above 0 it takes the base mana reg into account. Problem is I don't want them to have base mana before mana from int.

Level 14
cant you just set the base mana above 0 then and then empty the mana at 0.00 seconds gametime, so that players wont notice anything?

In the map I am working at, I can even set the base reg to -1 or to 0 and it works pretty well. Units start with full mana though ...

maybe u changed something in the gameplay constants?

Level 4
Wasn't the mana reg mentioned in the object editor percentage based anyways? So 0.5 would mean 50% of max mana regenerated per second.

It might glitch out if you set it to something like 10k.

Might be wrong though, can't test because no WE atm.

Level 30
Does your unit uses a mana reg item or bonus?

No.

cant you just set the base mana above 0 then and then empty the mana at 0.00 seconds gametime, so that players wont notice anything?

In the map I am working at, I can even set the base reg to -1 or to 0 and it works pretty well. Units start with full mana though ...

maybe u changed something in the gameplay constants?

Yeah, it just feels a little unnessecary as I am sure there must be a fix to this. This has never ever happened to me.

Wasn't the mana reg mentioned in the object editor percentage based anyways? So 0.5 would mean 50% of max mana regenerated per second.

It might glitch out if you set it to something like 10k.

Might be wrong though, can't test because no WE atm.

I'm pretty sure that value means mana per second and not % mana per second.

I believe you might need to use Shift+ enter or something regards to that, it might be a limit kind of bug or something

What do you mean? What is limited?

Thanks for the replies but I still haven't been able to solve the problem. :thumbs_down:

Level 12
Does the mana regenerate if you set their max mana to 1? Just trying to understand the problem better.

I know, for at least health regeneration, there is a "regenerates:" field that lets you choose at night, at day, always, or never (maybe more, but I don't remember). I don't know if there is a similar field for mana regeneration.

Level 4
So i checked it myself real quick and can pretty much confirm what OP has described.

As long as you have the Maximum Mana in the Object Editor set to 0, there will be no mana regeneration, no matter what you enter in the Mana Regeneration field.
I found nothing in the Gameplay-Constants that describes or affects this behavior - it simply seems to be a bug to me.

However, picking up items or learning skills that add %-based mana regeneration will result in your unit regenerating this %bonus * the Base Mana Value you entered. For example, if you pick up a sobi mask.

What i would suggest, is that you use the Mana Regeneration Ability, make it Data - Percentage based = true, and change the Mana Regenerated stat to 0.01.
This way, when this ability is given to your units, they will start regenerating mana at 1.01*BaseManaRegeneration.
There is a little error margin in here - setting the Mana Regenerated of the skill to 0 wouldnt lead to desired effect of started mana regeneration, so i set it to the lowest value possible.

On another regard: Imho, mana regeneration is f***ed. Gave my unit a 1/s regeneration spell, NOTHING else as mana regeneration source (tested it, before learning the skill it does NOT regenerate ANY mana, also has NO base mana regeneration), and it regenerates considerably faster, at around 2/s (timed it).

Weird stuff.

Edit: The mentioned effect of starting the base-mana regeneration my learning a %-based mana-regg spell does not work for per second based skills. At least thats what my tests resulted in.

Level 12
So i checked it myself real quick and can pretty much confirm what OP has described.

As long as you have the Maximum Mana in the Object Editor set to 0, there will be no mana regeneration, no matter what you enter in the Mana Regeneration field.
I found nothing in the Gameplay-Constants that describes or affects this behavior - it simply seems to be a bug to me.

However, picking up items or learning skills that add %-based mana regeneration will result in your unit regenerating this %bonus * the Base Mana Value you entered. For example, if you pick up a sobi mask.

What i would suggest, is that you use the Mana Regeneration Ability, make it Data - Percentage based = true, and change the Mana Regenerated stat to 0.01.
This way, when this ability is given to your units, they will start regenerating mana at 1.01*BaseManaRegeneration.
There is a little error margin in here - setting the Mana Regenerated of the skill to 0 wouldnt lead to desired effect of started mana regeneration, so i set it to the lowest value possible.

On another regard: Imho, mana regeneration is f***ed. Gave my unit a 1/s regeneration spell, NOTHING else as mana regeneration source (tested it, before learning the skill it does NOT regenerate ANY mana, also has NO base mana regeneration), and it regenerates considerably faster, at around 2/s (timed it).

Weird stuff.

Nice finds lol. Wc3 is quite the mystery sometimes. I guess to run faster it doesn't bother with mana regen on units that don't have any mana.

Either a tiny base mana for the heroes or a weird hack with a mana regen ability. I think it would be easiest to work with if you just make the hack ability 1.00 mana regen bonus and then you set the base mana regen to half of what you want it to be. It will be easier to work with that way if you add other mana regen abilities from items - you just add double the mana regen bonus that you want.

I made my health and mana regen with triggers in my map lol. Just one more thing that works better as a trigger. I also have flat mana regen bonuses instead of % ones which I find hard to understand.

Level 12
I had this problem too :p
I kind a don't remember how I fixed it.
Think I added a something in the "Art - Caster Upgrade" field, didn't leave it as "none", but I'm not sure if this fixed it, or something else.
Now when I tried to re-create the problem - it didn't work (the units had mana regen initially) xP

Status
Not open for further replies.