• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Stats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
ok im trying to make it so one of my hero units have 100 mana from start and wont get any mana from int stats. solved

so far I have only succeded in changing intial int and growth stats

oh yea in stats I have maked so the mana reg is 0 but wont the hero get more mana reg per int? so I wonder how I take away the mana reg u get per int. solved

btw: how can I change the lvl limit? without alot of changing? solved

btw2: I have done a spell and then I copied it and gave each a diffirent name and icon but when I click on one all of them flash green here see for uself
v8onll.jpg

how do I fix it? solved

btw3: also I want to create a spell when u use it the button disappear and another button comes in its place and after a while that button disappear if not clicked and the old button appear but if clicked the button still disappear but a new button comes and for that button if clicked the first button comes back after a while but if not clicked it disappear after a while and the first button comes back u get it? solved

btw4: in triggers when I do animation I must give a value for which animation the unit shall use how can I get all the values a unit have for its animation there isnt eactly a guide for that there

btw5: in a game I saw a unit using animation both from demon hunter(attacking) and archer (hero(spellcasting)) how is that possible?(it didnt change the model it just did their animation has thought it was it own animation)

Last edited:
Level 4
If you have spells that are based on the same, the spells will mess up.

The level limit: Advanced -> game interface -> hero max level
The mana from int: Advanced -> game constants -> mana regen per int level

Level 13
Every spell has an "order id" which is unique for him.
So when you cast a spell warcraft knows which one it is by using this orderID.

Now when you create 4 spells based on the same on they all have the same orderID and when you cast one warcraft will find all 4 and it will mess up.

Blizzard included a special ability for this situation.

It's "channel" and you can change targets(ground, unit...) and the order ID of that spell.
So you can easily base your spells on channel and give each of them another orderID.

Level 4
Spells flash green when you click them to use them, you must have edited the spells in a way so that warcraft recognises it as a clicked button. - Go through your spells stats and go through any thing that could possibly do this (i would look but im not at home >.>)

btw5: in the unit stats you can change the attack animation

Level 3
Every spell has an "order id" which is unique for him.
So when you cast a spell warcraft knows which one it is by using this orderID.

Now when you create 4 spells based on the same on they all have the same orderID and when you cast one warcraft will find all 4 and it will mess up.

Blizzard included a special ability for this situation.

It's "channel" and you can change targets(ground, unit...) and the order ID of that spell.
So you can easily base your spells on channel and give each of them another orderID.
hmm so does that mean I have to create 4 channel spells and copy everthing manualy from the spells to the channel spells? isnt there anyway easier?

also when I try to use channel on my unit the icon wont show even when I changed it to iron forged sword icon what shall I do? nvm problem solved

ok now I want to know how I can make one ability disappear when used and make one ability which is disappeared appear t.ex use skill 1 skill 2 shows up at same position skill 1 was. nvm solved

Last edited:
hmm so does that mean I have to create 4 channel spells and copy everthing manualy from the spells to the channel spells? isnt there anyway easier?

also when I try to use channel on my unit the icon wont show even when I changed it to iron forged sword icon what shall I do? nvm problem solved

ok now I want to know how I can make one ability disappear when used and make one ability which is disappeared appear t.ex use skill 1 skill 2 shows up at same position skill 1 was

For the channel part, go to the Channel ability of yours and there is a field Data - Options. Set it to "Visible".

For the first question, the answer is no, since the fields in the Channel ability are not the same with the fields in the other abilities. You can still do this without the Channel ability, just make sure all of the abilities are different. For example, if you want instant abilities (e.g. Berserk), you can use Roar, Battle Roar, Howl of Terror, Berserk. If you want Point-target abilities, you can use Shockwave, Channel, Carrion Swarm, Breath of fire. If you want Point-target abilities with AoE mark, you will use Blizzard, Rain of Chaos, Rain of Fire, Death and Decay. All of them have different order id's, but function the same. Remove every effect from them (if you don't need them) and trigger the effects you wish.

Level 3
hmm ok

im having some serious problem with animation for blademaster I have only succed in finding "walk" and "stand" animation but what I need is the value of the three attack animation he have (in triggers)

I have found the value for some the crit hit it was attack slam and for blade storm it was attack 1

but the one I have problem with is the one for normal atks ("attack") cuz when I use it it will either do a thrust kind of atk or a horizontial atk

what I need is a value which only makes it do the first kind and one for the second kind too can anyone help me with this?

Last edited:
Level 7
hmm ok

im having some serious problem with animation for blademaster I have only succed in finding "walk" and "stand" animation but what I need is the value of the three attack animation he have (in triggers)

I have found the value for some the crit hit it was attack slam and for blade storm it was attack 1

but the one I have problem with is the one for normal atks ("attack") cuz when I use it it will either do a thrust kind of atk or a horizontial atk

what I need is a value which only makes it do the first kind and one for the second kind too can anyone help me with this?

use 2 tags... "attack" and "second"

that will make him use his "attack 2" animation

or if you want the jum slam thing use "attack" and "slam"

Status
Not open for further replies.