• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Mana shield based upon intelligence?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
How would I base the damage reduction of mana shield upon intelligence? Like the intelligence will decide how much damage is absorbed per mana point; so with 100 int the hero will absorb 100 points of damage per 1 mana point.

Level 23
Took the first DDS and tried to make a sample trigger.. I'm kinda in a hurry so I wasn't able to make a good trigger.. I'm not even sure if it works coz I didn't test it.. but I think it should work..

Using this DDS:
Physical Damage Detection for GUI v1.0.0.1

• Mana Intelligence
    • Events
      • Game - damageEventTrigger becomes Equal to 1.00
    • Conditions
      • (target has buff Mana Shield) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Mana of source) Less than or equal to 0.00
        • Then - Actions
        • Else - Actions
          • Set amount = (amount - (Real((Intelligence of target (Include bonuses)))))
          • Unit - Set mana of target to ((Mana of target) - 1.00)
EDIT: 2 posts before me.. I really have to refresh before posting stuff...

Level 20
  • Mana Shield
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Attacked unit) has buff Mana Shield) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • (Damage Engine modifies the damage based on Real(Intelligence))
        • Else - Actions
I would like to make the trigger whole but I don't have a damage engine currently; but you get the pattern, right?

EDIT Sorry juno I posted this while you posted yours so I never got a chance to see your post

Level 4
Took the first DDS and tried to make a sample trigger.. I'm kinda in a hurry so I wasn't able to make a good trigger.. I'm not even sure if it works coz I didn't test it.. but I think it should work..

Using this DDS:
Physical Damage Detection for GUI v1.0.0.1

• Mana Intelligence
    • Events
      • Game - damageEventTrigger becomes Equal to 1.00
    • Conditions
      • (target has buff Mana Shield) Equal to True
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Mana of source) Less than or equal to 0.00
        • Then - Actions
        • Else - Actions
          • Set amount = (amount - (Real((Intelligence of target (Include bonuses)))))
          • Unit - Set mana of target to ((Mana of target) - 1.00)
EDIT: 2 posts before me.. I really have to refresh before posting stuff...
Is there a way without using this "damage engine" thing? Cause I don't wanna use other peoples' trigger functions.

Level 4
  • Mana Shield
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Attacked unit) has buff Mana Shield) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • (Damage Engine modifies the damage based on Real(Intelligence))
        • Else - Actions
I would like to make the trigger whole but I don't have a damage engine currently; but you get the pattern, right?

EDIT Sorry juno I posted this while you posted yours so I never got a chance to see your post
Yeah I came up with an idea: I just give every unit an amount of mana equal to the damage that they can do, then use that and heal the guy that's being damaged of half the maximum mana of whoever is attacking him; the only problem is that assigning specific mana to each unit is a bit tiring.

EDIT: Woops, double post >_>

Level 25
Using Damage detection system is the best way to do it because you can easily manipulate damage done to your liking.
You can, of course, try to make your own damage detection, but it will probably be a lot buggy, and less efficient overall.

Also, things like damage detection systems or unit indexing systems are created and posted here for other people to use. Using and understanding other systems (mainly those that have been approved by many people) will increase your own understanding of triggers.

Level 4
Using Damage detection system is the best way to do it because you can easily manipulate damage done to your liking.
You can, of course, try to make your own damage detection, but it will probably be a lot buggy, and less efficient overall.

Also, things like damage detection systems or unit indexing systems are created and posted here for other people to use. Using and understanding other systems (mainly those that have been approved by many people) will increase your own understanding of triggers.
I C, thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.