• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] How does Mana Shield works?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
If I set "Mana per Hit Point" to 100 and it is 100% damage absorb. Does that mean if the incoming damage is 200 (please ignore armor for the purpose of this post), then the hero will lose 2 mana points and absorb the 200 damage?

Update: same ability setting as above, if the incoming damage is 10000 and the hero's max mana is 10, will the result be that the hero loses all its mana and absorbs 1000 damage and takes 9000 damage?

Level 30
If I set "Mana per Hit Point" to 100 and it is 100% damage absorb. Does that mean if the incoming damage is 200 (please ignore armor for the purpose of this post), then the hero will lose 2 mana points and absorb the 200 damage?

Update: same ability setting as above, if the incoming damage is 10000 and the hero's max mana is 10, will the result be that the hero loses all its mana and absorbs 1000 damage and takes 9000 damage?

Hmmm, so you set Mana per Hit point to 100. That means, it will absorb 100 mana for each hitpoint damage dealt to you. Example, you have been attacked and dealt 50 damage. It will absorb like 5000 mana to you as far as I know because remember there is a presence of PER into the Mana per Hitpoint that means every 1 point and such.... It looks weird so I just suggest set it to 1.

Level 11
Hmmm, so you set Mana per Hit point to 100. That means, it will absorb 100 mana for each hitpoint damage dealt to you. Example, you have been attacked and dealt 50 damage. It will absorb like 5000 mana to you as far as I know because remember there is a presence of PER into the Mana per Hitpoint that means every 1 point and such.... It looks weird so I just suggest set it to 1.

Thanks for the reply. So if I set it to "1", then 10000 mana absorbs 10000 damage, right? and any damage above that will cause hero's HP to drop?

Status
Not open for further replies.