• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Bots aren't reading JNGP maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I have created a .w3x map with World Editor The Frozen Throne.
After that I have used JNGP to bypass some of the editor's limits and Windows MPQEditor to convert the map back to a .w3m format.
It works very well, except for one thing.
As I understand it JNGP maps require older patches and can work with patches up to 1.24.
Since Battle.net requires the newest patch nobody has the right patches anymore.
I have experienced that everybody who finishes downloading with 100% gets kicked immediately.
Those who don't get kicked have the JNGP editor installed.

I have fixed this problem by using Widgetizer and it works very well and the map is playable again.
It's a good solution, but it seems like bots can't read the map.

I am testing with the bot called AceSpades.
It's indeed a terrible bot, but it's the only bot with a decent uploadsystem and it's online almost all the time.
AceSpades is owned by CandyManKiller, who is never online, and is a part of a bigger network with more bots.
These bots read maps from one site called aces.co.nr.
This is where I upload my maps and it works well with .w3m, converted .w3m maps and .w3x maps.
It doesn't work with JNGP edited .w3x maps or JNGP edited .w3m maps.
I don't know about the last link yet, but it doesn't seem like it causes any problems.

How can I make my maps playable again?
I can host games, because I have set my router, but people just don't join.
All the bot hosted maps get all the plays.

Regards Kasper.

Level 19
I have created a .w3x map with World Editor The Frozen Throne.
After that I have used JNGP to bypass some of the editor's limits and Windows MPQEditor to convert the map back to a .w3m format.
It works very well, except for one thing.
As I understand it JNGP maps require older patches and can work with patches up to 1.24.
Since Battle.net requires the newest patch nobody has the right patches anymore.
I have experienced that everybody who finishes downloading with 100% gets kicked immediately.
Those who don't get kicked have the JNGP editor installed.

I have fixed this problem by using Widgetizer and it works very well and the map is playable again.
It's a good solution, but it seems like bots can't read the map.

I am testing with the bot called AceSpades.
It's indeed a terrible bot, but it's the only bot with a decent uploadsystem and it's online almost all the time.
AceSpades is owned by CandyManKiller, who is never online, and is a part of a bigger network with more bots.
These bots read maps from one site called aces.co.nr.
This is where I upload my maps and it works well with .w3m, converted .w3m maps and .w3x maps.
It doesn't work with JNGP edited .w3x maps or JNGP edited .w3m maps.
I don't know about the last link yet, but it doesn't seem like it causes any problems.

How can I make my maps playable again?
I can host games, because I have set my router, but people just don't join.
All the bot hosted maps get all the plays.

Regards Kasper.

why are you converting them to .w3m?

obviously the people that are being kicked are the ones without TFT -_-

He's converting them as he plays on RoC as many others. Look at Sliders and Mazers for example, they arent not on TFT, they are on RoC.

Obviously, you don't need to have TFT to play a .w3m map, even if it was a .w3x map. If the map was still .w3x and hosted on RoC (which is totally possible using a bot) then the people without TFT couldn't join it (or something like that, don't remember). So, maybe the map is badly converted as he did it by himself instead of using a program such as mapconv.

Level 19
He's converting them as he plays on RoC as many others. Look at Sliders and Mazers for example, they arent not on TFT, they are on RoC.

Obviously, you don't need to have TFT to play a .w3m map, even if it was a .w3x map. If the map was still .w3x and hosted on RoC (which is totally possible using a bot) then the people without TFT couldn't join it (or something like that, don't remember). So, maybe the map is badly converted as he did it by himself instead of using a program such as mapconv.

exactly. even if you dont need tft to play .w3m he manually converted to .w3m rather than using the editor which tells him all of the assets he used from TFT -_-

Level 19
If he converted it, it's cause there are reasons. i.e. How do you want to use the Locust ability in a RoC map else ?

which would make non-tft owners disconnect after they recieved all the files and saw that it required tft :)

Level 19
Have you ever tested ? No.
I played 1 year along slide and maze maps that were converted from .w3x to .w3m with my clan, and some hadn't TFT and they never had any problem playing with us.

im not having this argument anymore.. your slide didnt use any TFT files!!!

Level 2
The reason I am converting to .w3m is that people without The Frozen Throne can't play .w3x maps properly. I have tryed to play games like Green TD without The Frozen Throne and all the TFT objects aren't displayed. I also use spells and abilities that are TFT-only.

The bots can host .w3x maps, but I don't know what happens when a Reign of Chaos user joins. If it's a normal host I think the player can't join or something like that.

I have tryed to use mapconv, but it doesn't work. When I take a map and drag it into the mapconv.exe and run the mapconv executable with the .w3x map CMD just flashes.
It may be something corrupted inside the map. I have actually tryed to the same thing with a non-JNGP map I converted to .w3m.
I didn't know about the JNGP save bug, but it's unlikely to be the problem.

When I convert a map to .w3m I do the following:
1. Open the .w3x map with Windows MPQEditor.
2. Save all the contents to the folder named "Temp".
3. Create a new .w3m map with any editor.
4. Save the .w3m to the input folder named "Input".
5. Open the .w3m map with Windows MPQEditor.
6. Delete all the contents of the map.
7. Import the files from the folder named "Temp".
8. Save the new .w3m map to the output folder named "Output".

Status
Not open for further replies.