• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Boss's hurting each - ideas needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I am trying to make a boss fight where you have two bosses and the aim is to make them damage each other. The only skill I can think of at the moment to use for this is flame strike, are there any other anyone can think of that may help?

Level 10
thanks for the ideas, only problem i can see if i use spell like shockwave etc. If players are on team 1 and bosse son team 2 how can a spell cast by team 2 boss 1 hurt boss number 2 if they are the same team.

If you put both bosses on different teams then they would auto attack each other?

Level 18
thanks for the ideas, only problem i can see if i use spell like shockwave etc. If players are on team 1 and bosse son team 2 how can a spell cast by team 2 boss 1 hurt boss number 2 if they are the same team.

If you put both bosses on different teams then they would auto attack each other?

I think you could do to things here.
First for area damage abilities (shock wave, carrion swarm, war stomp, etc) and other similar ones you can just change the target allowed to also hit friendly units instead of only enemies. That way when the bosses cast a shockwave they can damage players and each other.

A more coplex aproach is to trigger abilities, for example make a Warstomp that makes the hero boss attack for some seconds every unit that gets cought by the War Stomp, so you trigger to order the unit to attack units in range of the Stomp, that way they could even attack between them. (Just don't forget to order them to stop when the time of the spell has passed or they will keep attacking each other.)

Status
Not open for further replies.