• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Boss *(Twins) Need some suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I Rlly have no clue if I should put this in WC3 help or map development, so I'll just post it here and excuse me if I shouldnt have done so.

Anyway, my question regards an encounter of mine, of which the basic idea is; there's 3 bosses. None of the 3 bosses must not be close to the other. All of the 3 bosses will gain special abilities.

-Boss 1; 90% dmg taken, no AoE or other large single-target damage abilities
-Boss 2; 100% dmg taken, minor AoE and decent single-target damage
-Boss 3; 110% dmg taken, large AoE damage and high single-target damage

the 3 bosses will not share damage, once you kill (for example Boss 1), his abilities move to Boss 2 and 3, which will allso deal 50% more damage. When boss 2 dies, his abilities moves to boss 3, will will again deal 50% more damage (stacking with the 50% more damage he gained earlier). Once the last boss drops below 10% health, he will cast Mass Ressurect. This is where the 90/100/110% dmg comes in. If you don't make sure the last boss will be the boss with most damage taken, the boss will probably finish casting his mass ressurect, causing the other bosses to be reborn and ur healers will probably be out of mana by then.

So now that that's clear, atleast if u read the entire story... There's a few complications with this encounter. First is that if all bosses will drop below 10% health before any of them dies, the mass ressurect is useless. Second of all, the encounter should become harder for every boss that dies, rather than becoming easier. (1 boss with 200% dmg or 3 bosses with 100% dmg :/ but u must keep in mind that tanks would get 1 sh0ted if the 1 boss had 400% increased dmg or so) Allso I am looking for fitting abilities for all 'o dem 3 bosses, but keep in mind they shouldnt become too overpowered because... the bosses arent alone.

So +rep if u can think of any abilities, ways to increase the diffculty on the bosses when one other dies, and ofcourse if u help solving my main problem, which is the bug that would proc when all bosses get below 10% health before one dies.

Ty in advance :) :pal:

Well, to avoid using Mass Resurrect (for the first boss), you can add all bosses in a unit group. Let's say your bosses are Boss 1, Boss 2 and Boss 3 respectively.
  • trigger
  • Events
    • Map Initialization
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Bosses[1] = Boss1
    • Bosses[2] = Boss2
    • Bosses[3] = Boss3
    • For each (IntegerA) from 1 to 3, do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Unit Group - Add Bosses[(IntegerA)] to BossGroup
        • Trigger - Add to Trigger2 <gen> the event (Unit - Bosses[(IntegerA)] life becomes Less than or Equal to (0.1*(Max life of (Bosses[(IntegerA)]))
  • trigger2
  • Events
  • Conditions
    • (Number of units in BossGroup) Less than Or Equal to 2
  • Actions
    • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Human Paladin - Resurrection
  • Trigger3
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit dies
  • Conditions
    • ((Triggering unit) is in BossGroup) Equal to True
  • Actions
    • Unit Group - Remove (Triggering unit) from BossGroup

Level 7
You could always make him hit faster rather than harder^^

An Avenge spell perhaps?
The boss goes directly for the unit who killed his ''friend boss'', ignoring all threat for 10 seconds. If the boss should reach the target, the targets gets instantly killed by him (in whatever manor is suiting for this boss).

Eye for an eye
The boss deals damage to all units depending how much damage they've induvidually done to his dead ''friend boss'' (being some percentage ofc).

One might fit, the other might not. Depends on the bosses ofc.

Level 3
Well, to avoid using Mass Resurrect (for the first boss), you can add all bosses in a unit group. Let's say your bosses are Boss 1, Boss 2 and Boss 3 respectively.
  • trigger
  • Events
    • Map Initialization
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Bosses[1] = Boss1
    • Bosses[2] = Boss2
    • Bosses[3] = Boss3
    • For each (IntegerA) from 1 to 3, do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Unit Group - Add Bosses[(IntegerA)] to BossGroup
        • Trigger - Add to Trigger2 <gen> the event (Unit - Bosses[(IntegerA)] life becomes Less than or Equal to (0.1*(Max life of (Bosses[(IntegerA)]))
  • trigger2
  • Events
  • Conditions
    • (Number of units in BossGroup) Less than Or Equal to 2
  • Actions
    • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Human Paladin - Resurrection
  • Trigger3
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit dies
  • Conditions
    • ((Triggering unit) is in BossGroup) Equal to True
  • Actions
    • Unit Group - Remove (Triggering unit) from BossGroup

The idea is good but if the boss casting ressurection is below 10% then the casting time would still be too high to make it hard to kill him in time.

Maybe I forgot to mention but the idea was that u'd kill the casting boss in the time that he's (trying) to finish casting mass ressurection

You could always make him hit faster rather than harder^^

An Avenge spell perhaps?
The boss goes directly for the unit who killed his ''friend boss'', ignoring all threat for 10 seconds. If the boss should reach the target, the targets gets instantly killed by him (in whatever manor is suiting for this boss).

Eye for an eye
The boss deals damage to all units depending how much damage they've induvidually done to his dead ''friend boss'' (being some percentage ofc).

One might fit, the other might not. Depends on the bosses ofc.

The basic idea of such a trigger would be nice but depending on how many players are attempting to kill the boss (probably max 10 or something) an instant kill would be too overpowered, unless I'd give a combat ressurection to one of the attacking heroes. Which would probably make it too easy if there's multiple heroes of this type.
+rep for u because the Eye for an Eye idea is rather sweet, but only if not applied to the tanks

Well, you can make a condition (the one I posted in the second trigger) that instead of checking if the remaining units in the BossGroup are two, to be 1, so that you can make sure that the boss remaining is the last one and most difficult. So, there will be no problems in balancing. What is more, you should increase the hp required to cast the spell; instead of 10%, get it to 15%.

Level 3
Well, you can make a condition (the one I posted in the second trigger) that instead of checking if the remaining units in the BossGroup are two, to be 1, so that you can make sure that the boss remaining is the last one and most difficult. So, there will be no problems in balancing. What is more, you should increase the hp required to cast the spell; instead of 10%, get it to 15%.

Thanks for the trigger, I'll use it, probably fix any remaining problems with diffculty myself. After all it is my map x)

Status
Not open for further replies.