• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

boss abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Level 6
if any one you have any ideas for boss abilities (i want a real bossfight) id be glad if you posted it here.

there are actually no limits, the spells can contain anything and the "theme" for the boss can be anything. and id be delighted if you could make up any way to counter the ability (i actually dont want the players to be able to attack the boss, they have to do something particular to damage him and a good way would be to damage him with his own abilities.

if you have any other ideas for the map, please also tell me. this can also be a hint for creating arenas, at which i am not really good.

Level 5
good idea is to always add "War Stomp" (the one that Tauren Chieftain has) ability to boss if he's big, it fits well...

Level 17
Let us use the Firelord as our base, and here are the abilities.

Firelord

firelord-static.gif

Spell 1 - Fire Blast.
Thrusts a wake of flame towards your opponent, exploding them and stunning them over an area of effect. This can also effect other players allied with the target if they are too close.

Spell 2 - Flame Nova.
Shoots out a 360 degrees fire blast in each angle reaching (your number here) range, dealing damage and stun based on Fire Blast.

Spell 3 - Ring Of Fire.
Surrounds multiple targets in a ring of fire, burning them and dealing a massive damage over time that must be channeled for 3 seconds before use.

Spell 4 - Apocalypse.
Randomly sets multiple areas on fire every 3 seconds for 15 seconds, damaging units in an area. However, this requires the boss to be channeling and can be disrupted if stunned.

I hope this managed to help you.
If you do need help creating these or balancing them, I can not say it will be done perfectly but I shall damn try my best!

Well, here is a suggestion for you. This boss will require the players to spread out and to move a lot.

Magnataur Lord
Magnataur_anim.gif

Phase 1:
In Phase one, the Magnataur does not attack with his melee attack, but simply stands in the middle of the room and casts.
Blizzard
Channels for 3 seconds a blizzard on a random player, dealing ice damage. (Same as ordinary blizzard)
Magic Spear
Throws an ice spear on a player and all players within 512 AoE, dealing ice damage and stunning them, but after the stun duration, the spear is given to them as Item. They can throw it back for damage and stun (stun does not stack). When the carrier dies, the Spear is lost.
Frost Nova
Deals a huge amount of ice damage in an AoE around the Magnataur. All units hit get an 60 seconds debuff that greatly reduces ice resistance. Automatically casted after a stun from a Spear.
Immobile (Passive)
The boss cannot be taunted, pulled and kited. He stands always at the same position.
Phase 2:
Phase 2 is entered at 75%, 50% and 25% Health. The Magnatuar immediately casts Frost Shield, summons three Tuskarr and looses his immobility, means he can be taunted and kited, but also begins to attack Players with his strong and splashing melee attack. Phase 2 lasts 60 seconds or until the Shield is broken.
Frost Shield
The Magnataur takes only minor damage from every attack and spell. The Shield can be broken by throwing a Spear at him, thus making him return to Phase one.
Cleave (Passive)
25% of the dealt damage is splashed.

Tuskarr Servant
tuskarr.gif

Summoned by the Magnataur Lord at the beginning of Phase 2. The Tuskarr stand at the rim of the Battlefield and continue to exist even after returning to Phase 1. They have low life points.
Magic Spear
Same as Magic Spear of the Magnataur.
Immobile (Passive)
The tuskarr cannot be taunted, pulled and kited. He stands always at the same position.

To kill this boss, a lot of tactics is needed: He is only vulnerable during Phase one, but the Frost Nova prevents the melee attackers from attacking him because the damage dealt kills low armor-classes and the high-armored are left very vulnerable with low hp and damage amplification for all icy spells.
The Blizzard and the AoE of the Spear forces the players to stay away from each other and to move around a lot because the damage dealt by a Blizzard is enough to kill low-armor classes. To damage the boss, the players have to collect the Magic Spears thrown by him and his servants. But that can be difficult since the Spears stun and are lost when the Players dies, meaning that you have to prevent the boss from casting a Blizzard on a stunned hero.
The Tuskarr can provide you with more Spears, but also increase the amount of stunned players and damage dealt.

Level 6
thanks. is there anyone with some more ideas? and you dont need to post a whole spellpack. if you just know one spell then its okay.

i really like the idea attacking with the spears. im sure im gonna use them in the map! thanks

Last edited:
Level 5
thanks. is there anyone with some more ideas? and you dont need to post a whole spellpack. if you just know one spell then its okay.
Here is a boss for you. Requires alot of movement to defeat, and needs tactical players. Going into hand-to-hand combat with him is surely a deathwish. His spells seem big enough for him to step into, which in turn gives you a battleplan: Attack when channeling, run when hes channeling, and stay out of his spells.

If you use this, I don't require any credits.
warcraft0528.gif

Tauren Chieftain
Invoke[ULTIMATE/ACTIVE]
The chieftain calls the elements to his side, channeling for 3 seconds, summoning a fiery circle around him, violent winds that move their victims, and blistering blizzards to fall onto the chieftains enemies.
Enrage[PASSIVE]
Having tauren descent, the chieftain easily loses his temper, making him stronger and faster. Every time an enemy strikes the chieftain physically, the chieftain gains 1% IAS/IMS for 8 seconds.
Spirit Call[ACTIVE]
The chieftain calls 3 Tauren spirits to his side to aid in his victory. The spirits are immobile, but have the effect of invoke: They each call one element to the arena to be used.
Natural Relief[ACTIVE]
The chieftain, being of the most true naturalist, absorbs life from the surrounding area, from anything living, trees or people.
Last Stand[PASSIVE]
When the tauren falls beneath 5% health, he spasmatically calls the elements, hurting anything, including himself. If anything dies under this, he heals himself 10%.

Status
Not open for further replies.