• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bootable CD/DVD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
Ok, if have tried everything...

Here is the story;

So i have downloaded Windows 7 from the MSDN website (Microsoft Developers Website) and so it appears to be an .iso file.

So i unpacked it and burnt in on a DVD, thought it would work because everything is in it. (Just burning the .iso file doesn't work like someone suggest in chat here. But that also seemed pretty logical to me :s)

Files like bootmgr, autorun or whatelse is required to make the DVD run when you boot your pc is on it.

Now i've been trying A LOT of things to get it working, even tried to upgrade but since my Windows 7 is 64-bit it won't work. I already have a Windows 7 Ultimate installed by that one ain't legal and is 32-bit so it won't run in windows.

Now... how the crap do i make the damn thing boot? Google doesn't help!!!!!

Level 27
Yeah i know mounting, i use MagicDisc instead of Daemon Tools.

But eh, i can't mount it because my Win7 Ultimate is 32-bit and the Win7 Pro is 64.

EDIT: Somebody from work now gave me a DVD he made, will try if that works. I hope so, he also talked about my processor maybe being not 64-bit compatible but i can't imagne a E8400 @ 3.0 Ghz not being 64-bit compatible :s

Level 15
Could be the CD Drive, I couldn't Install 64bit XP because my drive was incompatible with it.

And 32bit 7 isn't working with the same drive now, though 64 is.

Weirdness!

RC not retail, haven't bought retail 7 yet

Level 27
It worked =D

Btw, i didn't bought it either i got it free from school.

And euhm, i don't think the problem could be your drive except if it's like over 10 years old...

64-bit compability is about your motherboard, processor etc...

But anyway it worked now, dunno what i did wrong >.<

Level 19
Ima trying to make a bootable Windows 7 Ultimate (x86/x64) dvd disc with Microsoft Store but unfortunely I can't boot the DVD after that... I mean it doesn't load... It freezes on "Booting from CD" and nothing happens.. Ima gonna try to make a second DVD now and try again

Im wondering now how did u solve your proble, could u explain to me?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Maybe it is trying to burn a dual layer disk on a single layer rom?
It is important to burn from the .iso image, do not burn the representation of it (mounded virtual drive) as those miss all hidden data on the CD. A good .iso is an exact representation of the disk, unlike a copy of it mounted which is purly a copy.

Level 19
I dunno how its burns it, the program only ask for the image file, then the place where the iso should be burn (Flash or DVD) when I choose DVD it ask for a disk, then when the disk is into the DVD-ROM I click "Start burn" and thats it, no options. After it burns it (After 10-15 minutes) it ejects the CD, when I try to play the CD the PC freezes for 2-5 seconds (sometimes its about an minute) then I can't open My Computer, when I hit restart, it tryes to boot from CD (DVD) but it doesn't work at all.

The DVD-ROM is not broken or anything, because I have other Windows XP SP2 on a CD and it boots it perfectly...

My CPU is x64, and since my current system (Windows) is x64 one, I don't think it fails because of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.