• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bone won't turn right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 65
Right now I am working on the remake of the Nazgul models and I am having a catastrophic problem. Every time I try to rotate/angle the cloak (comprised of three bones) it twitches and shudders, trying its damndest to angle itself perfectly flat, so I cannot turn or tilt it without it trying to auto-correct itself back to that.

Here is the model I am working on.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=shra0w

It should be as simple as moving an arm joint, but it is horrendously broken and I do not know why.

Any insight on the problem would be immensely appreciated.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Does the bone use a Hermite or Bezier controller?

If so, check the small window below the controller select and play around with the values on every keyframe that jerks around. For example, set "Continuity" to -100 or shift the bias to -100 on the first keyframe of an anim and +100 on the last.

Or just set the bone to linear movement. Also saves filesize, but you might need some additional keyframes to make the anims smoother that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.