• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bobish RPG

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
User who uploaded this Presents

Bobish RPG
Created by Shimerur

Map Info:

Bobish RPG is a hard game that punishes the player, but feels rewarding when you succeed.

Features:

- A unique combat system.
Bobish RPG has a main focus on the combat it has. It is turn based, and when the
enemy has their turn, you must dodge their attack in a 3x3 grid.
- Several bosses.
As the main focus of this map is in the combat system, it is only logical to have
several different bosses. There are up to 18 bosses!
- Difficult gameplay.
Bobish RPG's main purpose is to make you want to ragequit. It's not supposed to be
fair, and at times, Bobish RPG will defeat you. Yet, you'll probably come back.

Some else stuff about map:

This map has a lot of custom music. That's probably why it's a little chubby in
filesize. Also, be sure your volume is low before you enter - I don't want your
eardrums bursting.
Also, it uses subtitles.

Author's notes:

Note: Some content might be offensive to some audiences.
Also, contains inside jokes.

-- NOTE! To fight a boss, type 'fight'. --

Credits:

Credits to Kobas for map description template, Tom Jones on TheHelper for the
max life system.
As there are no custom icons/models, I cannot credit those.

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Keywords:
Bobe, Bobish, Bobish RPG, RPG,
Contents

Bobish RPG (Map)

Reviews
Paillan
5 - 4 - 2017 Moderation No changes were made in more than 3 months which means that no changes are inteded to be made. Acording to rules, this implies that your map will now be classified as substandard. If you wish to revert this decision you can PM...

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Okay I tried to play it.
This is super confusing, I got no idea what to do. I managed to enter a fight, pressed "fight" and did maybe 1/10 of my enemy's hp. Then the enemy did something that colored the circles red and then did 7/10 of my hp.

Seems like a neat concept but I think it's really unpolished and it clearly lacks a proper tutorial.
The systems used are really outdated as well, entering a circle and then typing "fight" is 2003 style. The text should appear when selecting the unit, and entering the circle should make you fight that person. Or have dialog option to enter a fight.
Or, better yet just have a invisible sequence of opponents, there is no need to have a unit symbolizing each enemy. You can just spawn them periodically with code like most arena like maps.

In addition, the dialog option at the start is really slow, I am not sure if it's due a wait or inefficient code but it's really annoying. Having to wait 2 seconds for one dialog option is just annoying.

Level 4
I'll be honest, I didn't really bother to make a fully pledged review; the starting character customization wasn't a bad idea but that's about all that interested me, first off there was a lot of areas on the map that literally were there for no reason, hence they didn't do anything. The fighting system was broken since allas, you can just walk to the middle between the circles and do nothing else to take 0 damage. The fact that I had to type "fight" in order to iniciate in a battle didn't bother me as much but still, it can be annoying a little. I didn't find this map neither; creative and fun. Also at a certain point I bugged out and couldn't continue. Basically I won't rate but if I were to it would be like... 0.7/5.

Level 26
It doesn't really seem like you checked the description after publishing.
It still contain default template lines and is therefore pretty badly made. This needs updating before this map can be approved. Screenshots are also preferred.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
It's all so very confusing. Please do a detailed tutorial for stupid people like me in the quest log as I've not been able to even choose one of the classes there.
I've bought strength tomes for the starting hero and it didn't add up but the wood was spent.

Level 19
5 - 4 - 2017 Moderation
No changes were made in more than 3 months which means that no changes are inteded to be made. Acording to rules, this implies that your map will now be classified as substandard. If you wish to revert this decision you can PM a map reviewer once you have updated the map.

Set to Substandard.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

These will help make a better description:

If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!