• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Blue And Black T-Rex

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
T-Rex
Made from Scratch
Animation by Me
Mesh by Me

Color: Blue and Black

80% by me
(the 20% is Blizzard skin, Hydra's Claw, Corpse, Portrait Background)

Changelog:
Reanimate Walk Animation (and add a walk defend animation)
Wrap Fix

Reanimate Walk animation again
Remove Spell Slam
Better T-rex Hand

Improve some anim
Added some anim, and More Improvement on Animation and Fixed the Mouth

-Fixed the Hole on the Mouth, Redone the Teeth, Hopefully is better, Or I might need to redone the teeth again =.=
-Tweaked some Anim

Keywords:
Dinosaur, Dragon, Prehistoric, Raptor, Lizard, Rex, T-Rex, Tyrannosaurus
Contents

Blue And Black T-Rex (Model)

Blue And Black T-Rex (Model)

Reviews
16:44, 5th Apr 2015 MiniMage: Work on the attack animation and the general wrap of the models. Misha: well.. lookin' nicer, imo.. but the two back-teeth on the lower jaw of all these should be removed.. they just shouldn't be in the center like...

M

16:44, 5th Apr 2015
MiniMage: Work on the attack animation and the general wrap of the models.

Misha: well.. lookin' nicer, imo.. but the two back-teeth on the lower jaw of all these should be removed.. they just shouldn't be in the center like that. also, walking animations don't really feel that much like really walking on the toes. T-Rex is a bit top-heavy when moving and balancing that with a tail

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Cool. Will you be making these in other colors, like the rest of your models?

Level 35
oh this is gold, i've wanted a t-rex model for some time, just in case :v

thank you ^_^

it's okay if i recolor it myself, isn't it? it's not a difficult process for me to change the textures myself prior to you doing it yourself, but i wouldn't want to do anything against the creator's wishes :p

Level 24
Well, nice one, you got a lot of random models here :), from mechanicals to prehistoric
Anyway

Through my eh..., you get the idea
You've done some nice wrappings here along with the meshes, except for the hand though. The use of Dragon's texture makes it look like a war dinosaur. And its head is what I like. Now to the hand part, its odd right now, due to a little too small, T-rex have small hands....also short(don't get angry at me T-rexy), but this one is too small, lacks a little details and doesn't seem attach to well. Might fix that
Now to the animations, a bit of slow movements right now, and his butt doesn't seem to move, but doesn't matter, since its covered, anyway,
Walk Defend - He lacks movement in his saddle thing or the above part of the stomach
Spell Slam - Looks a little slow right now, but its still good
Attack - Lacks some movements on his right legs, or knee was it
Stand - It looks fine enough
Stand 2 - Fine aswell
Portrait and Portrait Talk - Fine, although in Portrait Talk, he looks more of talking rather roaring
Death - Fine, but seem odd when falling,
Decay - It is already fine
Walk - This one is more odd, he looks like skipping, his right legs are faster while the left legs are a little slower than the right

No hard feelings man, it looks good, 3/5 for me

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
I LUV Animation, they are fun to make :)
Oh really?...

*prepares list of things to be Animated*

//EDIT// - I'm starting to retract my previous comments... This is really shaping up nicely.

I'm still a little concerned about quality issues (i.e. the wrapping is good, but not quite as good as the one for my lizard-riding Unit (so basically, the Hero's mount is less cool than the Unit's mount, NO DICE xD)), but the animations are getting much better.

Level 42
Oh really?...

*prepares list of things to be Animated*

//EDIT// - I'm starting to retract my previous comments... This is really shaping up nicely.

I'm still a little concerned about quality issues (i.e. the wrapping is good, but not quite as good as the one for my lizard-riding Unit (so basically, the Hero's mount is less cool than the Unit's mount, NO DICE xD)), but the animations are getting much better.

:p I would Happily Help animating after my exam ended...

So.. Need to Improve Wrapping?

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
:p I would Happily Help animating after my exam ended...
I'll have to remember that... Do you, perchance, have any experience animating combined models? And/or using Retera's MatrixEater to do so?

Hayate said:
So.. Need to Improve Wrapping?
Yeaaaaaaah-ish... See, by itself I think it's definitely good enough for Wc3 (at least a Unit), but going on a Hero, and compared/next to this... Again, sorry for the unfair comparison. Just have to consider these things, I do. :<