• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Blood Mage

This model was made long ago and just needed the dreaded tweaks to be ready to post. Mostly ajusting the original model cape bones in the new body, and ajusting a much as possible the cape to a model with complete anatomy.

As you can see, is just a conversion using most of the BHero texture, and Villager woman face, whose face is similar with Sylvanas, Jaina and Succubi skins, so you can use any custom BM skins on Sylvanas face to create Undead or Demon versions, or Jaina and Villager woman to made human versions.

Any next update will be to create an Arthas version to use with all of Arthas skins on the database.

Update:

Added three variants, one with Arthas skin as the main base, and the other two using Arthas hair mesh.
Added a sphere variant based on the Orb of fire.
Neck and Jaw bones attached properly
Death sound changed to Sorceress.

Update: Worked on the potrait angle, and the plane Hero 6 in the ingame model was moved down during the Portrait animations to remove the shadow.

The right knee doesn't pass on the cape during Stand-2.
Previews
Contents

Blood Mage (Model)

Blood Mage 2 (Model)

Blood Mage 3 (Model)

Blood Mage 4 (Model)

Ignition Ball (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
Very cool variation and edits for the normal Blood mage model. Models work in-game and perform well.
Level 4
Need an icon to go with this model. The fact it has additional spell animations on top of the default Blood Mage anims gives it a :thumbs_up: in my book.

Level 17
THX,But he seems not ... her ? 🤖
thats not matter, she use ingame texture hero_bloodmage.blp and that means can be afected ani custom textures of blood mage like that highborne mage, or what custom skin you find in skin sections for bloodmage, more interest me that warden skin for blood mage, i wonder where i can find her isn he was on wc3. net ?

Level 27
THX,But he seems not ... her ?

Is the same skin? Or i'm not understanding your point.
The model is composed of two textures.
Herobloodelf.blp -> Body,Cape,Hair.
ElfVillagerwoman.blp -> Face.

Arthas version

Arthas.blp -> Body,Cape,Hair.
ElfVillagerwoman.blp -> Face.

You can swap any skin for the Blood Elf or Arthas to get a new look on the body, while keeping the same face. Or you can even change the Elfvillagerwoman.blp for Sylvanas/Jaina to get different faces.

I'm confused as to why this isn't labelled "Female Blood Mage" or something...

In the mpq is named HeroBloodElf, so Bloodmage won't cause any existential chungus for being named the same.

thats not matter, she use ingame texture hero_bloodmage.blp and that means can be afected ani custom textures of blood mage like that highborne mage, or what custom skin you find in skin sections for bloodmage, more interest me that warden skin for blood mage, i wonder where i can find her isn he was on wc3. net ?

I think stein used the warden.blp, you may need to ask him. But i remember seeing several male wardens with a customized skin.

Nyctaeus

Hosted Project: W3E
Level 17
She's beautiful as a woman and awesome as an asset. So versatile.
Quick reskin using -Grendel's
tempimage.jpg