• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BlizzCon 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 32
Razosh made a write-up of the news from BlizzCon. You can read it here.

rsz_blizzcon_2017_big.jpg

BlizzCon 2017
October 26 - November 4
Opening Ceremony: November 3

Everything needed to know can be found the official BlizzCon site.
News - Event Info - Watch - Schedule - eSports - Forum

It's time for Blizzcon, the official event for everything Blizzard games! It's where upcoming releases and updates are announced, competitive tournament matches are fought, interviews happen, art is showcased, and game development insight is featured. Many of these things will be broadcast & streamed through the week.

The opening week actually started on October 26 featuring eSport competitions for HotS, WoW, and SC2. The grand finals/championships for Overwatch, HotS, WoW, Hearthstone, and SC2 will conclude on the final two days. But most importantly, the opening ceremony and is today at 11am-12pm PT!

You can watch all the official BlizzCon streams here on Hive (Live Streams | HIVE) or Blizzard's Twitch pages:

Twitch.tv/Blizzard (main stream)
Twitc.tv/Warcraft (WoW)
Twitch.tv/Starcraft (SC2 and... SCR?)
Twitch.tv/PlayOverwatch
Twitch.tv/PlayHearthstone
Twitch.tv/HeroesoftheStorm

We will attempt to post highlights in this thread. If anything comes up that you want to share, don't be shy to post about it!
some of this was copy and pasted from last year sorry :]

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

Hooray
/fireworks
....someone....

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

Well. StarCraft 2 Wings of Liberty might be free to play. :)

Level 2
Well, when it comes to WoW, it looks like Horde might actually do things again, amazingly and while most of the 6 new races are quite disappointing, Horde actually gets one that isn't just a recolor it would seem. Plus quite hyped about the Tree burning.

Looks like WoW might actually be about the two factions again, instead of 'humans, werewolves and elves fight bad guys'. Incredible.

Level 8
That's why WoW classic server will be official, for all the etilists or whatevers is called
I hope you didn't imply me to be the elitist. I only really care about story in video games. I mean if you look at what WoW trully is as a game it's diablo in open world. Grind items so you can grind them better.

Since story never went anywhere, i never really grew to be big fan of WoW. But i'm curious how will to Classic wow affect the community.

Reactions: pyf
Level 24
I only really care about story in video games.

Yeah, as abysmal as Warlords of Draenor was it didn't really match Legion. That expansion ruled all previous game lore as non-canon thanks for that Blizzard. I think you'd love Dragon Age: Origins though.

Level 34
The story in WoW was never very good imo. Not terrible, but just not great. SwtoR is the only MMO I've ever played where I cared about the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.