• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BlizzCon 2016 Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

A celebration of epic games and an epic community.
November 4–5, 2016 · Anaheim, CA

Countdown timer on the BlizzCon page.

This thread is kind of late, doubt it results in well deducted predictions lol :D Although relying on intuition is fun as well though.

Basically: predict stuff that are to be unveiled then see how far off you were on Saturday!

My predictions:
- No major Diablo revelations (not that much floor space reserved for it) Diablo expansion maybe
- No major StarCraft revelations
- Plenty of Overwatch / Heroes content
- Hearthstone adventure/expansion
- Nothing involving classic games / vanilla WoW

Edit:

They're dedicating one hour into AI talk: Join Us At BlizzCon 2016 I'm actually interested in that one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Necromancer class for Diablo 3 was leaked. Not sure if that's considered major.

I am actually a bit.. puzzled. Because they usually have some super reveal during the opening ceremony, this has usually been WoW expansions or a new game.
But from the looks of things they got neither this year. I doubt they will be releasing a new game already since Overwatch launched earlier this year. Same goes for Legion.

Level 24
Well for WoW it's already patch 7.1 which means that the next patch will be the final one in Legion so I'm guessing since only one major patch remains we'll see the next expansion which based on Xal'atath seems to be an Old God based expansion:

When it comes to the Old Gods lore is confusing as shit too, for 13 years they were more powerful than Sargeras now it is hinted at that they may not be. First Yogg-Saron created the nightmare, then N'Zoth and now we're back to Yogg-Saron... could Blizzard just make them a tiny bit less confucing please.

Level 24
Not true.
I am pretty sure they've stated that there will be two major patches, like in WoD. Because raid wise WoD was good.

Heh, well then we could always keep being pawns in an ultimately futile war, but the sooner this expansion is done the sooner the real war can begin.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

I knew about necromancer art leak, but I didn't first connect it into a new expansion. Now I remember that Crusader was introduced in Reaper of Souls. So, D3 expansion is likely.

And I'm a WoW pleb, but I thought Sargeras was the main evil in WoW.

Also, that AI talk I added to OP might turn out to be very interesting. AI can easily outperform human in SC2 (the Elite AI just sucks), and if some Google is involved for example it could be very powerful.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

My original guesses were kind of right! Diablo shoul've read more content as well.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Blizzard just lost a whole lot of reputation for doing this.
You'd be surprised how many endorse it, actually.
So you have to pay to get a character that was supposed to be already in the game?
The necromancer was not supposed to be part of Diablo III. It will be because of popular demand=>fan service.
However, I'd say the commanders were supposed to be part of the SCII co-op and it's there and with that that they're doing wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.