• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Blinding Flash v1.1

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: -Berz- and Zombie
The caster spawns lightnings around him and spreads them in the area of effect.
The lightnings damage every unit in their way
Level 1: 10 Lightnings, each dealing 15 damage
Level 2: 20 Lightnings, each dealing 25 damage
Level 3: 30 Lightnings, each dealing 35 damage
--------
Spell does not attack sleeping units
Spell is MUI/MPI/leakless
Spell is made in GUI (yeah it is *zomg*)
--------

Oh yeah, diz b mah 1st spel D:
And all credits go to me - if you're gonna use it your map, credit me

-did, what DSG said
-changed the name: Blinding is cooler

Keywords:
Lightning, sfx, flash, squiggy
Contents

Blinding Flash (Map)

Reviews
14:33, 13ndth Sep 2015 This resource has been set to Rejected by BPower. Reason: Everything is hardcoded which is not standard of the spell submissions ruleset nowadays. Damage dealing should be coded and not be done object based ( immolation...

M

14:33, 13ndth Sep 2015

This resource has been set to Rejected by BPower.

Reason:
Everything is hardcoded which is not standard of the spell submissions ruleset nowadays.
Damage dealing should be coded and not be done object based ( immolation ).
The "TriggeringUnit" should be stored somewhere to reduce the overall computation time within the loop.
For such a short and simple spell the overall code efficiency is terrible.
Compared to other approved submissions, this spell offers nothing unique and can be re-produced very quickly.

From moderator to user:
If you still consider using this spell in your map, be aware that terrain deformations create a permanent leak
in data which can not be removed. Apart from that the spell is MUI and leakless.

17:53, 8th Dec 2008
Dr Super Good:
Approved
An ok spell, unfortunatly nothing really special, alsmot everyone has made a nova of some kind who makes spells. It is one of the better GUI ones I have seen thou. Thus I can recommend its use for people who like GUI.

Possiable areas of improvement:
- Better testing map with reheal on esc and revive on death and other useful features.
- Better import documentation.
- Better modification documentation (explaning what each part does) so beginners can easilly modify the spell to suit their needs.

Level 30
Pretty basic, although still very nice.
It´s your first spell, good job!
My first spell leaked like hell.

Oh btw, I don´t think GUI=ZoMg!
Of course, Jass is simply more effective but you mostly won´t notice a difference ingame if your GUI is 'well-coded'. Additionally around 95% of the mappers are using GUI. Fact.

Level 13
Pretty basic, although still very nice.
It´s your first spell, good job!
My first spell leaked like hell.

Oh btw, I don´t think GUI=ZoMg!
Of course, Jass is simply more effective but you mostly won´t notice a difference ingame if your GUI is 'well-coded'. Additionally around 95% of the mappers are using GUI. Fact.

That is why i hate people saying gui is unefficient (even if it is). I couldnt care less if it doesnt lagg at the game. Also one of the reasons why I dont learn jass.