• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

blank animation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Hi there,

I have 0 knowledge of modeling, and am only asking this here bc it seems like it should be something super simple that even I should be able to do without getting deep into modeling. I have a unit model that I want to turn into a missile. all I want to do is add 1 animation sequence that is completely empty - does not show the model at all or anything in it, the way a lot of missile models have blank animations. is there an easy way to do that with magos?
(if you answer plz go easy on the technical terms that assume I know what I am doing...:pgrin:)

thanks!

Level 29
You typically want geoset animations, which allow you to animate the color (modulation) and alpha of geosets.
Generally people set an alpha animation with no interpolation, with values of 1 when the relevant geoset should be visible, and 0 when it should be invisible.
Every geoset animation references a geoset, so you'll need one per geoset you want to control.

Level 21
is there an easy way to do that with magos?
War3 Model Editor is pretty straightforward. It comes with a help file that contains some tutorials and should help you understand most of its features.

As GhostWolf already said, you just have to create a new sequence (Windows > Sequence Manager) and make all of the unit's geosets invisible in the sequence you created. You do that with geoset animations (Windows > Geoset Animation Manager). Geoset animations should have animated visibility, with lines of code that look like this:
X: Y
X is the animation frame and Y determines whether the geoset is visible at that frame; 1-visible, 0-invisible. You only need to set the visibility for the first frame of the sequence, since the 0s and 1s are treated as a status toggle switch.

P.S. I'm not sure if you even need this now, since you already got help with the model you wanted to turn into a missile.

Status
Not open for further replies.