• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bladetitan Signatures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Okay so i am redeeming my sig request:
Sig:

Request Size: Normal Sig Measurements
Request Text: World of Monsters
Request Sub-text: Where there are monsters, there are champions
Text Location: Under the throne
Request Theme: I want a throne like when Arthas is sitting in it as the lich king. And then behind him the shadow of something evil looking, you know like its projecting the monster within.
Request Color Theme: blackish grayish
Images That You'd Like In Your Request: What you think works best.. preferably a throne, very spooky feel to it.

Thanks D-Dog, love you <3 Also how do i make it change signatures when someone refreshes the page? i dont want to toss the masterpiece you first game me. Or can you make that sig, and this one alternate? a .png that changes every minute or so.

Level 12
Okay so i am redeeming my sig request:

Thanks D-Dog, love you <3 Also how do i make it change signatures when someone refreshes the page? i dont want to toss the masterpiece you first game me. Or can you make that sig, and this one alternate? a .png that changes every minute or so.

There is a simple solution to your problem: Every minute, change your signature manually in your profile settings!

No, but seriously, is it even possible to make it change like that? I don't think I've ever seen one here on Hive.

Level 27
Short status update guys, as i am actually working at the moment and i wish to do so mucho fasto!
My PC has been fixed, as i previously stated, but due to the fucked up state what it was i forgot to de-activate the activation code on CS5 before i wiped everything.
This might end up meanin' that I'll have to directly contact them Adobe guys to get it fixed, but we'll see!
Sigs will be flyin' in the window the moment i get this thing fixed!

...and now I better stop with all these apostrophes.

Level 15
He is downloading illegal stuff with tons of viruses, so then he has to clean his computer :)

Just joking, keep up the good work Dragonson! :) By the way, I've seen you online on steam while you were inactive, but you refused to give us a sign that at least you are alive... May I ask you why?

Oh, and I had a request before, did I cancel it myself or is it just missing from the list? :3

Level 27
Dragonson, how come your computer messes up so much?

Karma.
Dragon.png

He is downloading illegal stuff with tons of viruses, so then he has to clean his computer :)

Just joking, keep up the good work Dragonson! :) By the way, I've seen you online on steam while you were inactive, but you refused to give us a sign that at least you are alive... May I ask you why?

Oh, and I had a request before, did I cancel it myself or is it just missing from the list? :3

Idiocy.

Also, yeah, i think you cancelled it. You can ask kevv, tho. I think e's got those under control.

EDIT:
Sigh...
Short update: It'l be about a week from now.
Sorry guys, but the whole activation-deactivation 'You can only have two active computers at once' stuffs that is the DRM on CS5 is quite hard to deal with at times.
I apologize for all this waiting, i really do, but at the moment i can do nothing Artsy.

Level 27
And i am BACK in BUSINESS!
I've immediately started working on Peper's sig, as he is next up.

I'm gonna' start doing a new thing now, btw, as my methods of working have changed somewhat:
For each sig i do, i will post one or more versions of that sig while it is in development, so that for one the base concept can be approved by the requester, and the requester might actually be able to customize his sig a bit himself. ;)
This is mainly because, well, it's a good idea, but also because due to the increase of plain sigmaking prowress that i have experianced i now put much more time and detail into each sig.

So, here is a VERY ROUGH SKETCH of peper's sig.
Note that the sketches which i post finalize NOTHING, not even sig-size, as mostly they are simply a small fragment of the full image.
In this case, it is the part which i'm imagining to be at the center.
For a bit of reference, it's gonna' be a size in wihch the text is readable.

SigPeperUnfinished.png

So, Feedback time Mr. Peper! ^^

Level 12
Hm...

Y'know, that signature doesn't seem at all like your style, Dragonson. Where's the famous circles? Most of it is pretty basic geometric shapes. No offense, but I don't think that is your best work.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
yay finally! Dragonson knows that I want a signature from him I think I have asked him 2 times :p

Request Size: Normal size, does not matte aslong its not too big that I can't use it as sig
Request Text: Chaosy
Text Location: middle
Request Theme: Dark lightings
Request Color Theme: black-ish
Images That You'd Like In Your Request: *blank*

Level 22
Hm...

Y'know, that signature doesn't seem at all like your style, Dragonson. Where's the famous circles? Most of it is pretty basic geometric shapes. No offense, but I don't think that is your best work.

Because he has already RELEASED THE CIRCLES lol.
@Drag maybe some shape can be round-edged, but it's not necessary. Maybe you can add the famous circles, but It's nice already.

Level 12
Because he has already RELEASED THE CIRCLES lol.
@Drag maybe some shape can be round-edged, but it's not necessary. Maybe you can add the famous circles, but It's nice already.

Wasn't necessarily about the circles, just that his previous style seems lost in this signature.

Level 9
hey Dragonson its good to hear youre back in business :D
waited all the time for you to come back so i can request what i need ^^

Request Size: same size as the 'Shadows of Everwood' special on the first page
Request Text: Blood Moon ORPG
Text Location: same as the 'Shadows of Everwood' special
Request Theme: cant really tell a theme ^^ there shall be a red bleeding moon at the place the wolf and that orb thingi (again Shadows of Everwood ^^). also there shall be a sword (looking similar to this one) through the moon from the top to the bottom (and again one or two blood drops running from the bottom part of the sword thats outside the moon) and something that underlines the text somehow or is like a background (like the one in the Shadows of Everwood thing).
Request Color Theme: red, silver, grey, black,... ( i hope you got the idea^^)

Request Size: 1024x768
Request Text: Blood Moon ORPG ; created by claptomanic
Text Location: your choice ^^
Request Theme: a red moon and rest should be similar to the first request, means dark bloody and weapons....you can do it like you think its the best ^^
Request Color Theme: same as in the first request

Request Size: similar to this one
Request Text: no text
Text Location:
Request Theme: a bloody moon on the left and the same sword as in the first request...the sword should be the line and be in front of the moon...so its not through the moon like in the first request
Request Color Theme: the colors you need^^

thats it. :D i hope its not too much.

and by the way im really impressed by your work so if you think you wanna add something or change something feel free to do it ^^

Last edited:
Level 27
Gods, you guys deal with all the cumbersome explaining for me these days, dontcha? :p
Thanks a ton. ^^

Okay, so, in this version of peper's sig (the overdetailing-process now at 20% efficiency) i've gone for a Grotesquen Assembly Line/Futuristic Army Look, altho i'm not sure it's quite apparent yet.
The path i went down in this version has a lot of chaotic elements in it, and at this point, apart from just general feedback, i need to know whether this type of look will work for you or not?

Please, do be aware that ANY change is possible. If you want a complete re-do, then just say so. :)

SigPeperUnfinished2.png

Level 12
Now, that looks much better. The middle alone looked a bit wierd and strange, out of your style, but now it is back in your style. Good job, Dragonson.

Level 22
Gods, you guys deal with all the cumbersome explaining for me these days, dontcha? :p
Thanks a ton. ^^

Okay, so, in this version of peper's sig (the overdetailing-process now at 20% efficiency) i've gone for a Grotesquen Assembly Line/Futuristic Army Look, altho i'm not sure it's quite apparent yet.
The path i went down in this version has a lot of chaotic elements in it, and at this point, apart from just general feedback, i need to know whether this type of look will work for you or not?

Please, do be aware that ANY change is possible. If you want a complete re-do, then just say so. :)

SigPeperUnfinished2.png

...... Completely speechless with your epicness.....
Go on, that's a nice base.

Level 27
Not quite but close.
I wanted to add a more down-on-earth bit to it, to soothe the bright red a bit.
So, i took a brown facade and added texture to it, allowing for a background which wasnt too far off the color scheme yet at the same time varied it and calmed it down.
On top of that i used it to give the bloodstain a bit more room, and also as a kind of 'glue' to make the whole thing stick together a bit better.

It is true that it's base purpose was to give the sig more size, but that in and of itself can be a very useful element.
Adding more high-detail metal plating or glowy red spheres, or pretty much anything, woulda' just overloaded the thing.
In short: It needed more size, but it did NOT need more detail. So, a relatively detail-less background was applied.

EDIT: Damnit, i'd +Rep you for the critique but i've applied to you too recently. My apologies.

Level 17
Yes but the point i was making i knew you needed size and a 'glue' of sorts, but i was imagining something like your sig, a fading effect of a darker color to contrast, it just doesn't quite flow well. You made a hard line that is skinnier then the outside you added making it look out of place. If you had left that area skinny from the metal plate, and then faded with some rectangles or something of that nature that went out of the side to give it width, it would lack the length you achieve with that browny background, but it would definatly flow better, and give the blood somewhere to smear itself on.

You added a new element to the picture, that brown section, and that makes the colors fight for attention, the focal point should be the circle, hence its nature, to draw attention. But that color contrasts so strongly with the blood stain, it actually draws my attention to the blood, then to the mysterious figure in the brown section that i cant quite make it, and want to know what it is.

Edit: We look at everything left to right, but as an artist you know that. :)

Level 27
I think we disagree quite simply on what looks good and what does not, so i will hold in my arguments for now and wait for Peper's own judgement. ;)

You may have a point though.
When/if i make something for you again i guess we can have a phenomenal art debate. Now is not the time, tho. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.