• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Black Mask in Reforged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello everyone.
Okay, I'll admit that it was probably already found and requested, but I searched through some forums and found nothing ; which means I surely missed it, because it's an obvious one. Here goes anyway.

Why is it that, in Reforged (1.32.5), I can see through Black Mask ?

upload_2020-5-10_14-21-17.png

upload_2020-5-10_14-21-26.png

Looking at a straight comparison with Classic, it's so jarring I can't possibly be the only one bothered by it (and no, I'm not talking about Arthas looking the other way in his portrait, which doesn't match the icon anymore). I can clearly see through the black mask of the map. Why ?

Is it already on some patching list somewhere, and did I missed it during my search ?

Attachments

• upload_2020-5-10_14-26-4.png
    upload_2020-5-10_14-26-4.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 56
  • upload_2020-5-10_14-26-35.png
    upload_2020-5-10_14-26-35.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 44
Level 2
What alpha value has you given it? It might be that.

You can change the alpha value of the black mask ? And it affects all your games, even those launched with the campaign ?

I dont know about you but i can barely see a difference.

It's not as obvious on the first map, but gets worse depending on the lighting and tilesets used.

upload_2020-5-10_14-57-49.png

This one is a pretty good example : we shouldn't be able to see these crops with the doodads on it on the left.

Level 2
Ah, sorry, though you meant the Fade Filter black mask. The fog of war black mask is hard coded i think sadly.

That's what I thought. And it being hard coded is no problem as long as it's done properly ; which was for Classic. Here, even if you were looking at some random, unexplored place on the other side of the map, you'd still see stuff through it.
From what I can gather, no destructibles or units, but all other doodads and terrain are there and if you have a decent screen (and eyes), you can make out the pathways ahead pretty easily.

I know Warcraft doesn't have randomized melee maps like some other RTS, but a good black mask has still a lot of use for custom maps.

Level 5
I know this reply might come so late and you might discovered or not. But the Fog it's doing that. If you enable fog via trigger or in the map options it looks like it removes the black mask.

Status
Not open for further replies.