• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bishop Hero

"We live and love in God's peculiar light."

The first of three major heroes for a map which may or may not come out.

This model is also released more or less to let people know I am still alive. Lots of stuff needs doing and being sleep-deprived for a few days is proving to make learning things difficult.

Credit to Tranquil for allowing me the use of his Bishop Hat.

-Tranquil
"Everyone can edit my models. I don't mind."

Changes
-Added Cross to Hat
-Changed Staff (Couldn't decide between shepherd's crook or cross)
-Quick fixed cross clipping when zoomed out
-Updated Animations
-Changed face mesh a bit
-Edited cross
-Reduced the filesize by 1% (woo.)

Keywords:
Bishop, Hero, Man, Priest, Cardinal, God, Abbot, Monk, Christian, Hero, Catholic, Cleric, Healer, Wizard, White, Robe, Mage
Contents

Bishop Hero (Model)

Reviews
04:57, 8th Feb 2016 MiniMage: If priests exists in the universe, bishops could as well. Looks decent. Approved.

M

04:57, 8th Feb 2016
MiniMage: If priests exists in the universe, bishops could as well. Looks decent. Approved.

Roland

R

Roland

Is that the same thing you doodle? I love it! So much! Keep up the great work sir!

Level 6
Why cross is from ortodox church,cloth is from catholic church ?? or this priest is mix from east and west church ;)

Level 11
Blimey, I had to remake this comment 4 times due to how Hiveworkshop doesn't let you post after you just logged in, anyway in short this model just shows that you don't need ultra custom HD texture to make a simple but extremely useful and superb looking model. Though I would add a decay animation as they are always useful.
Only thing I can say is the Orthodox/Catholic mix up that BABA pointed out earlier, which should be easy to fix if you so choose so and that he seems a bit too slim for a Bishop (they tend be fatter), but I see no problem here after that facial expression and those moves with the staff.
Just well done once again for showing that simple models can be practical and good looking.

Level 65
This will probably be the base model for the Saruman model. I have been having trouble with the Necromancer in regards to the bones (not implying that this model has been simple to make either) I still have a lot to learn. More so about why Blizzard puts two skeletons in their models instead of one.

I do agree that the archmage is overused, almost as much as Arthas heads or the Paladin animations, but not quite there yet.
I would have to make a custom texture, or use a paladin head (which is too bulky by half to use) for him.
Bishops do tend to be overweight, but I had a tough time envisioning an older crankier bishop being great in size. I might end up making a relatively rotund monk at some point with a flask of wine and a quarterstaff, but not yet.

As for the Orthodox/Catholic mashup, believe it or not I couldn't remember what the iconic crosses were for the different faiths. I had grown up knowing only the most basic cross and was struggling to find a way to make it look more stylized.
I recalled a cross with a small slash through the lower section from a blurry bit of my memory, but I couldn't find its origins despite my searching.

(Rather embarrassing given that I categorize myself as a christian, and one who prides himself on the use of symbols.)

I've worked out how to remedy the conflict of themes and will update the model shortly.

The eyebrows are hypnotizing, are they not?

Last edited:
Level 6
Blimey, I had to remake this comment 4 times due to how Hiveworkshop doesn't let you post after you just logged in, anyway in short this model just shows that you don't need ultra custom HD texture to make a simple but extremely useful and superb looking model. Though I would add a decay animation as they are always useful.
Only thing I can say is the Orthodox/Catholic mix up that BABA pointed out earlier, which should be easy to fix if you so choose so and that he seems a bit too slim for a Bishop (they tend be fatter), but I see no problem here after that facial expression and those moves with the staff.
Just well done once again for showing that simple models can be practical and good looking.

No problem , but i learn this things on university (i study archaelogy). :ogre_haosis:

Level 6
As for the Orthodox/Catholic mashup, believe it or not I couldn't remember what the iconic crosses were for the different faiths. I had grown up knowing only the most basic cross and was struggling to find a way to make it look more stylized.
I recalled a cross with a small slash through the lower section from a blurry bit of my memory, but I couldn't find its origins despite my searching.

(Rather embarrassing given that I categorize myself as a christian, and one who prides himself on the use of symbols.)

I've worked out how to remedy the conflict of themes and will update the model shortly.
Herr i don`t know what church you follow (ortodox,catholic,protestant ...) but i give you a suggestion if you like to make (historic real) bishop. I learn this things ( for church architecture, and cloth of the priests in all church ) on university. If you like to make WarCraft bishop you mix different stuff beacuse here don`t have rules :wink:

Level 65
Looks great! So when are you going to make Gandalf and Saruman??

I've got the Saruman head done, and the Gandalf body done (for the most part)

I might end up working Saruman into a taller Necromancer model and Gandalf into the Druid of the Talon (For when he attacks claws come out, all I have to do there is replace the claws with Glamdring)

Last edited:
Level 20
Not at all....why? I've made a Diablo I Butcher and i'm working in Moreina, the Blood Raven...but a Ogre Model with Mortar Team texture and the head of the brown-beard should make it good...I guess...

There it is!

235347-albums8704-picture105876.html
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/235347-albums8704-picture105876.html

Last edited:
Level 5
It's a shame to see the poor old priest use THE CROSS to fight his enemies. THE CROSS! He's just like saying "Take Jesus you unholy scum!" which is pretty freakin absurd, right? Haha

Anyways, G-damn wonderful model, mate. 5/5