• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BioShock: Utopia

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking of making a BioShock RPG/shooter map with an alternate lore. I dunno if this is a good idea or not, but please give some feedback. The main problem is the lack of models/textures.

Features:
Almost-identical terrain
Weapon/Plasmid System
Nice In-game equipment system
Gory, realistic, detailed graphics
Environment-harnessable
Unique attack system
Arrow movement
3rd Person camera

If you have an idea or suggestion, do tell.

Level 4
I think if you are going to make this game you should wait for starcraft II. Its a nice idea no doubt, but it would take alooottttt of work, and in the end if you wait, you have less lag for higher poly models, new triggers and all sorts of crap. Sooo i think wait for SC2 :D

Level 14
I'm alrdy working on a Bioshock project but 2K Games (The Bioshock publisher) didnt give me the rights for the full name but at the moment I think my project looks really like Bioshock without the starcraft 2 engine and I think people should't say in warcraft 3 websites they are should wait for a other game in addtion the starcraft 2 engine is not the best too If we want a powerfull editor we could use the unreal or the source engine -,-. for more information about my project you can visit this site: http://www.moddb.com/mods/rise-of-rapture

Level 4
I have followed your project and no doubt it looks amazing. But for the sake of better projectile systems and a more realistic environment I think he should wait. Your terrain does look dam good and just awesome, but higher poly models always look nicer, sadly w3 engine cannot handle. I agree with you about the unreal engine tho. Forget what its called but there is a free version of unreal engine 3. Which I think is a very cool thing for them to do.

Level 14
It is easy to handle high poly models with the wc3 engine I could just make a full wc3 mod but I still want my own style and no a dark horror map who don't want people to play it and its should be still warcraftish and not a complete other game and I think some of the systems are a really really bad idea it is funny to code them but not more because the system makes your ping higher and new people musst learn the system in order to play your map and not every people will like your battle system. (this is my own negative experince with my other project)

Doesn't matter about polies/lag/size. In BioShock, do you know how many unit models you need? 6.
2 for Rosie 'n' Bouncer, 2 for Splicer and Splicer with Doctor Robe, Little Sister and a hero.
Besides, I love Warcraft.

@Grievous1:
Good luck with your map. Mine is however, an RPG/Shooter, similar to the original game. If you've played Diablo 3 Warcraft, you'll know what I mean.
Fighting through hordes of splicers with a Spear Gun and Incinerate. Yeah!
By the way, may I borrow your Big Daddy model? If not, I understand and will request another.

Some more descriptions (if I decide to do this, I'll write in the Map Development)
Features:
Custom music/sound FX
New characters
Spear Gun mechanics

Status
Not open for further replies.