• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bigger-than-Raid groups

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just have this idea that Blizzard could implement military groups beyond Raids.
Party - (up to) 5 people
Raid - 8 parties = (up to)40 people
Legion- 8 raids = (up to)320 people
Corps- 8 legions = (up to)2560
Army - 8 corps = (up to)20480 people
Front/Army group - 8 armies = (up to)163840 people

I know the servers, neither your PC, can't support that much people, but it would be amazing to see.

Last edited:
Level 24
Well the 320 people would be amazing to see just as a gimmick, the other levels are kind of unnecesary as I am certain the servers would crash from 320 players in 1 spot. My favourite zone of all time, Timeless Isle had this exact problem where a few hundred people would gather all in the same place to kill rares and my server, Stormscale-EU crashed repeatedly for over a month. IT WAS FANTASTIC!

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
While I do think it is kinda cool..

Realistically, everyone would be stacked on top of each other so you wouldn't be able to truly appreciate how many people there are.

Still a 80 man boss or something could potentially be cool.

Though one concern is the raid frames, in order to manage your army you need to be able to see how many people are in it. How can you heal your allies if there are not raid frames.
And 320 raid frames wont fit even if you slim it down to the extent that they are barely clickable.

Level 24
You would probably have to make a page for every 40 people in the mega-raid that you could switch between, it is most assuredly possible, but considering that it would lead to a massive amount of server crashes it would never be implemented.

While I do think it is kinda cool..

Realistically, everyone would be stacked on top of each other so you wouldn't be able to truly appreciate how many people there are.

Still a 80 man boss or something could potentially be cool.

Though one concern is the raid frames, in order to manage your army you need to be able to see how many people are in it. How can you heal your allies if there are not raid frames.
And 320 raid frames wont fit even if you slim it down to the extent that they are barely clickable.
You can use a listview to see the whoel group and have a searchbox for legion-and-up groups.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Voice Comms: "I am low, heal me"
Healer: "Which page are you on?"
*checks* "page three"
"I got you fam" *scrolls to page 3 from page 8*

This probably takes 2-3 seconds -.-

Efficient

Obviously, you could have one healer in each group or something. But I feel like it is not flexible enough.
In 40 man raids you did that, one healer per 5 people. But you could still see everyone so if one group took extra damage you could help out.

*checks* "page three"
"I got you fam" *scrolls to page 3 from page 8*

This probably takes 2-3 seconds -.-

Efficient

Obviously, you could have one healer in each group or something. But I feel like it is not flexible enough.
In 40 man raids you did that, one healer per 5 people. But you could still see everyone so if one group took extra damage you could help out.
I'm sure there could be though of soemthing to solve this like... there is a panel to see your raid and panels for the bigger groups,

or
in the grooups you can see more clearly who is on low health
or
when soeone talks on comm their name apears clickable on the chat

Level 24

Idealy you'd spread the healers out over more than one group so they all kept a look on their individual tab, still admitadly people would die far more often, because 1 player is now barely 1/3 of 1% but assuming that the group is organized, which is the difficult part it should work fine. Tanks would also, obviously, to simplify for the healers have a small tab of their own which all could see.

Assuming that you geniunly found 320 talented and organized players it is possible, I wasn't really debating whether it should be done, in fact for multiple reasons it shouldn't be, but my point was rather that it is possible and it would be really fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.