• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Betatester Recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hello @ all!

Like I told you, the closed Beta for the Demo of Darkwind RPG - A Hero's Tale is upon us. Thats the reason why I set up this thread. If you are willing to help us finding remaining bugs or to improve features, this is the place to come.

The procedure to become a betatester is quite simple. First read the rules, than provide me the needed information and finally leave a post with your details in this thread.

====================================================================================================

By leaving your post in this thread you accept the following rules:

1. Any content that is not property of Blizzard, this includes custom models, textures, sounds and scripts are property of my own.

2. You are not allowed to distribute, duplicate or edit any content in the maps you are testing.

3. You understand that everything in the game can change. That includes save codes, mathematics, droprates etc. That means any progress you made, can be resetted at any time.

4. You understand that the process of determinating the betatesters takes some time and your application can be denied.

5. You understand, that you can be removed from the beta at any time for any reason.

6. You understand, that these rules may change during the betaprocess.

====================================================================================================

Now to the information I need to decide if you will become a betatester or not:

1. How old are you?
2. Where are you from?Which timezone do you live in?
3. Do you speak/understand proper english/german?
4. Do you use ICQ or Skype or any other instant messanger(skype is preferred => conference)?
5. Do you mod yourself? If so, what projects did/do you work on?
6. Why do you want to become a betatester(plz be honest :wink:)?
7. Do you want to tell anything else about yourself that I should know?

For sure I can understand if you don't want to leave your data here visible to public. In that case send me a PM with the needed information.

Happy subscribing!

Greetings
Thy

Current Betatesters:

Goldendemon(active)
88WaRCraFT3(active)
nill(ere)(active)
Vercas(active)
Grivious1(active)
Grey iNightmare(active)
Sander(active)
Frotty(active)

RaiN.(inactiv)
lowe1994ba(inactiv)
killax(inactiv)
TinyTeaser(inactiv)
N3hu1s(inactiv)
XenoStalker(inactiv)
Hiude(inactiv)
thekebecer(inactiv)
chettal(inactiv)
olyvian(inactiv)
JustinDaniels(inactiv)
zertox(inactiv)

Last edited:
Reactions: Ras
Level 13
Well ;) Ofc i accept that Rules about editing map etc...
1. Really important? (15)
2. You know... Croatia
3. I don't know, I know german a little and I know english very well.
4. Skype, you know i added you, MSN: [email protected]
5. Of cource I mod, currently no project... but i am helping chilla_killa at his map.
6. I am following your project so long and i have gived you much much ideas that you have about 50% liked... I love map testing and cause i play maps on an other (strange) way, I can easly find somebugs [SOME!].
I forgot : I would like to test all your systems and other things, to give you feedback :D and to learn something new.
7. What else can i say? What do you want at this part 7... FIRST SUBSCRIBE!!

Last edited:
Level 24
Sure I'm up for it I love RPG's
1. 16
2. Sweden (North Central Europe)
3. I understand english perfectly but not german
4. I use Skype (username: lowe257)
5. I use World edit alot and know some thing about GUI and I'm not to bad terrainer myself
6. Honestly I love RPG's I have played many like KoK, HoL, Forlorn, GoH, SnuffZieZ and so on
7. Well I dont know what more I can say that is usefull for you to know

Level 1
I want to be a Betatester

1. 16
2. USA (New York)
3. I speak fluent english but no german...
4. uhhh i dont use skype but i use msn and ventrilo
5. I dont do modding myself
6. i want to become a beta tester becuz i've been intrigued by your latest work darkwind orpg. the videos depicted an awesome game and i just want to try it so bad!! pleasee :D
7. nothing else to say

Last edited:
Level 7
1. How old are you?
I am 14 years old.
(Will be 15 on March 24th.)

2. Where are you from?
I am from the United States, specifically in Illinois.

Yes, I do understand really good English, not German tho.

4. Do you use ICQ or Skype or any other instant messanger(skype is preferred => conference)?
I have an ICQ, I don't use unless I have to. I have MSN and AIM, I could also get skype any time.

I tried making a couple maps but haven't ever finished them because lack of motivation and people in the team.

6. Why do you want to become a betatester(plz be honest )?
I've been watching this project for a very long time now and I'd love to see the game play and systems you've applied. I really think you are an amazing mapper and modeler and this is why I've been watching the progress of this map. I knew that you were going to succeed unlike many other mappers. I'd love to give you some feedback and help testing this map. And I'd also like to learn from the best, I hope to make a map like this myself some day so I want ideas and be able to experience a map like this. It is very original for warcraft 3. Many people have tried to do it but never actually even got to the demo.

I am a big fan of your work. =]

Level 12
1. 15
2. Denmark
3. I Speak and understand English, I understand a little Deutsch.
4. Yes MSN, if you want to know it send me a PM.
5. Yes I do, working on a Hack'N'Slash map which is inspired by Diablo II and III but also have alot of original stuff in it.
6. Because this map is really interresting and the terrain, systems etc are just wonderful.
7. Not really :).

Level 8
1. How old are you?

2. Where are you from?
norway

yeah, had some german classes too, can't say I'm any good tho.

msn, fb.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/pandoras-world-orpg-145564/#post1328434
was my biggest project until I gave it up because I wanted to do SC2 modding, also the team was inactive etc etc.
I've also made an fairly amount of maps which haven't been published or finnished.

complete fan of this project, the only reason I visit hive is to check out updates on this rpg. I've think I been there from the very start I believe.

unfortuntley I can only test on weekends.

Level 4
1. 18.
2. Philippines.
3. English? Perfectly. German? My bratwurst brings all the German in the yard and they're like it's gutentag.
4. Got a YM and MSN. Can download Skype if needed.
5. Nope.
6. Gods I love how you put this question out. Because I'm bored and I'm kind of tired of playing solely DotA. I'm a fan of RPGs and WC needs more high quality RPGs like the two-parter one by RaoDaoZao and hopefully yours. Been following your project before it even got hosted too.
7. Can test and send feedback on any day except Sundays.

Level 2
1. 20
2. USA
3. English is perfect no German
4. Have Skype account but not software
5. I've used world editor and learned jass but stopped modding because of children and full time work.
6. I have been following your thread for a while. Seeing the videos and terrain screenshots have really got me excited about where you have taken this simple language blizzard made. It's fantastic work and I want to be apart of history.
7. More then happy to give you honest feedback on any pros and cons of your work.

Level 6
1. How old are you?
I'm 18 years old

2. Where are you from?
I'm from Canada (why this question?)

3. Do you speak/understand proper English/German?
I properly understand English and I speak a little bit German.

I'm using Windows live messenger in general, but i can easily join skype if needed.

Me and some of my friend we are trying to create a map, it isn't posted but we are working hard on it.

I'm very impressed by the look of the UI, the action button bar and all the content you want to add in this map.

I don't know if this could be useful but I speak French very well.

1. How old are you? - [I'm thirteen (13).]
2. Where are you from? - [Pasay City, Philippines.]
3. Do you speak/understand proper english/german? - [English, yes. German, not so much.]
4. Do you use ICQ or Skype or any other instant messanger(skype is preferred => conference)? [Yahoo! Messenger.]
5. Do you mod yourself? If so, what projects did/do you work on? [The Risen (My latest and best one so far), Arthas' Journey (My first and worst one), Rentau's Voyage (My second and slightly better one), Footman RPG (Never started)]
6. Why do you want to become a betatester(plz be honest )? [I really like this project and I want to do anything to help it. I really, really like the concept, pretty much everything about this project. I want to contribute anything I can to it. :)]
7. Do you want to tell anything else about yourself that I should know? [By that, what do you mean by this question? Sorry for not understanding...]

Level 14
1. How old are you?
2. Where are you from?
Germany
Yes, I understand english and german
I have you already in my ICQ contact list
For sure I have already worked on some project and I'm a member of a little warcraft 3 modding group here some of the projects: http://www.moddb.com/mods/rise-of-rapture http://www.moddb.com/mods/warcraft-3-paranoia http://www.moddb.com/mods/chernobyl-lost-riddles http://www.moddb.com/mods/arcadia-rise-and-fall
I really like your project and I think I have enough experience in order to give some usefull feedback in order to improve your fantastic project and I'm a little bit bored and I want to testing out something different than my own projects ^^
If you need information about myself just ask me but at this point I really don't know what I can say that could be usefull for you.

Level 1
1. How old are you?
1. 19
2. Where are you from?
2. Germany
3. I speak and understand both.
4. I use ICQ and Skype
5. No, I don't.
6. I am a big fan of ORPGs, I've been playing them since Legacies: Tides of the Serpent (about 8 years ago I think), which I loved a lot. I have played pretty much every decent ORPG map since then and am very motivated to help you balance this.
7. I have betatested for an ORPG before (Corruption RPG, Starcraft 2).

Level 7
1. I'm 15 years, 16 this feb.
2. Denmark.
3. I speak english very well, but i only know a couple of words in German.
4. I use both skype and MSN
5. I mod my own personal projects, though the thing i do most is to terrain, but i know GUI enough to find out how more complex systems works
6. 1) I like mostly sorts of RPG's, been playing them for years. 2) To help improve the map, of course! 3) I've played many RPG's myself, here are some of them: WoW, Arcania: Gothic 4, Diablo, Dragon Age, and a few more. 4) To try it. I think most here might have signed up to try it, maybe only because of that, or maybe of same reasons as me, i can't tell.
7. I'm a rather serious guy, i got rather much free time the next 3-4 months, then exams might just reduce it by a little bit. I've beta tested StarCraft 2 and WoW: Cataclysm, i can behave properly (most people here can, just felt it was necessary (spells?) to add), and that should be about it.

Have a nice day! :)

Level 11
Thanks you for the huge number of application. The closed Beta has started and this thread will be closed now.

Greetings
Thy

Level 11
As you maybe noticed some of my beta tester went inactive. Most of the rest is occupied with studies or work. So I would welcome some fresh meat. Leave your application if you accept the rules and want to support me.

Greetings
Thy

Level 17
1. 15
2. Eastern Australia, GMT + 10:00
3. Fluent in English.
4. I use Skype and MSN.
5. Shadows of Everwood ORPG - link in my signature.
6. Why else? This is an awesome project, and I would love to be a part of it, even if it is just a role as a tester.
7. No. <.>

1. How old are you? - [I'm thirteen (13).]
2. Where are you from? - [Pasay City, Philippines.]
3. Do you speak/understand proper english/german? - [English, yes. I know more English than my country's language. German, no.]
4. Do you use ICQ or Skype or any other instant messanger(skype is preferred => conference)? [Yahoo! Messenger; and I've made a Skype.]
5. Do you mod yourself? If so, what projects did/do you work on? [The Risen (My latest and best one so far), Arthas' Journey (My first and worst one), Rentau's Voyage (My second and slightly better one), Footman RPG (Never started)]
6. Why do you want to become a betatester(plz be honest )? [I really like this project and I want to do anything to help it. I really, really like the concept, pretty much everything about this project. I want to contribute anything I can to it. :)]
7. Do you want to tell anything else about yourself that I should know? [Nope. But if you have any questions, I'll be willing to answer.]

Level 1
1. 14 Years Old
2. Indonesia
3. English little bit German No
4. Just Yahoo messenger [email protected]
5. No Project I think
6. Cause I see youre Map is Different than anybody else Your Map is Like MNORPG games Cool
7. Well I dont Know What More I want to say maybe only this

Level 20
1. 17.
2. United Kingdom, England.
3. Fluent/First Lang - English. German, the odd words/phrases.
4. MSN Messenger and Skype.
5. WCLOTD (wc4sc2), G&G (discontinued indefinitely). Several projects of my own devising, which admittedly never made it to release/completion.
6. I've always found custom maps such as AOS, TD's, ORPGS, LOAPS etc boring and bland. There are lots of them, some are good some are bad, but really there all the same. I've always been fascinated by maps that really push the Warcraft III editor to it's limits and beyond the community's expectations, maps that make guys go wow, is that really in Warcraft III?
Your project looks just like one of those, that is the prime if not only reason I'm interested in helping out.
7. I saw you were converting (to some degree) the map to multiplayer, although I actually prefer Multiplayer games/maps to singleplayer - I'd rather in this case only test offline/single player samples.

Level 4
1. 22
2. Russia
3. English, yeap i know this lang
4. Icq and skype
5. Shadow of ewerwood (tester), Ardent Heroes tester too, and i test other cool oprg project
6. Unfortunately there are not so many war3 maps that even deserve attention,
lots of them amateur and unfinished. But your project seems very hopeful to me.
I'm glad that you guys started that shaped well project, and as war3 maps fan
i wanna help you to make this one really magnificent.
7. Can test and send feedback on any day, i want help you )

Level 8
^ I'd like to show support for him, even though he doesn't have the best English, he is very dedicated and will help out, he has been active on our forums for our project Ardent Heroes, and offers helpful criticism.

Level 1
Hi,
1. 19
2. Serbia
3. I understand/speak english very well
4. Skype - SexY-Pop_CorN ( Same Acc on BNet if needed )
5. I'm playing around with vJass/Jass, no projects
6. Reason i wanna become beta tester, hmm... Well i have been following your project for about a year now, so u might say i'm kind of a fan :D
7. I was always pretty bad with this one... :D

Level 18
1. How old are you? 18
2. Where are you from?Which timezone do you live in? UTC/GMT +1 hour
3. Do you speak/understand proper english/german? English yes but german no unfortionatly not
4. Do you use ICQ or Skype or any other instant messanger(skype is preferred => conference)? I use skype and my name is ibringdoom
5. Do you mod yourself? If so, what projects did/do you work on? Yes i made a map named Lotr Builder and currently are working on a Orpg
6. Why do you want to become a betatester(plz be honest )? This project just doesn´t look like Warcraft III it really makes me intrested in testing it.
7. Do you want to tell anything else about yourself that I should know? Currently i am testing for a other game which is a Pokemon Mmorpg it´s not big yet but it certainly showed me how to be a good game tester.

Level 2
1. I'm 15 years old. ♥
2. USA (< u >)
3. I speak native english and very fluent spanish, but not german sorry. (T v T)
4. I don't have any of those, but I have a MSN account. (< o <)
5. To be frank I never modded myself, and I don't have any current proyect.
6. It'd be great to to help an outstanding mod as its Darkwind, and since I'm a gamer, I'd like to do things like bug reporting and come up with ideas, by the way if you ever want to do an spanish port of the Mod,aswell if you need concept art, I'm available.
7. I'm a girl and I love drawing anything. (O u O)

Level 3
1. How old are you? 16, going 17 at December 16.
2. Where are you from?Which timezone do you live in? Singapore, GMT +8 (I think, I dun know my time zone well :x)
3. Do you speak/understand proper english/german? I scored A's for my English. No German though.
4. Do you use ICQ or Skype or any other instant messanger(skype is preferred => conference)? Msn. Just inbox me your hotmail.
5. Do you mod yourself? If so, what projects did/do you work on? nope, I never mod or do terraining though. But, i give good comments and helped by comments in some maps "epicquest ORPG, erm I 4got the others. :x"
6. Why do you want to become a betatester(plz be honest )? I like to test out new maps, it gives me the thrill to get to see maps first hand. Also, i find your map unique and i want to get to know how does it work. oh ya, can i have a few close friends to test this map with me? single player is not recommended for me. takes away all the fun. :/ if can't den its ok.
7. Do you want to tell anything else about yourself that I should know? im not gay. :D
i use garena to play warcraftIII. still using 1.24e path.
Yep, i think that's all.

Level 3
1. I'm 16 years old (soon 17)
2. I'm from Norway. timezone is GMT +1 (at Hive its GMT+2.. very weird)
3. I both speak and understand English.. (i speak with friends in other places)
4. I used Skype but it suddenly didn't want so im using MSN
5. I do not mod.
6. I just want something to do.
7. I play a bit much games xD (not my fault games are good)

Level 2
1. How old are you? 16
2. Where are you from?Which timezone do you live in? Austria, GMT +1
3. Do you speak/understand proper english/german? fluent in both languages.
4. Do you use ICQ or Skype or any other instant messanger(skype is preferred => conference)? skype.
5. Do you mod yourself? If so, what projects did/do you work on? not really, got some ideas, but can't get myself together to start them :>
6. Why do you want to become a betatester(plz be honest )? im bored. like, really, really bored.
7. Do you want to tell anything else about yourself that I should know? :ogre_kawaii:

Level 2
I hope I'm not too late.

1. How old are you? I am 24 years old.

2. Where are you from?Which timezone do you live in? I live in Illinois, in the Central Timezone.

3. Do you speak/understand proper english/german? I speak and understand english only.

4. Do you use ICQ or Skype or any other instant messanger(skype is preferred => conference)? I do have a Skype and an MSN, as well as TS, Vent, and Steam.

5. Do you mod yourself? If so, what projects did/do you work on? I do not mod myself only test other works.

6. Why do you want to become a betatester(plz be honest )? I want to be able proudly say that I was behind the movement that really brought WC3 back in the custom mapping scene.

7. Do you want to tell anything else about yourself that I should know? I am currently a closed beta tester for Shadows of Everwood and I can say with 100% confidence that I have been very helpful to that team and that I can help just as much with this team. Being a little bit older then some of the other applicants I feel that I have seen quite a bit more and can contribute a mulitude of ideas.

Level 1
I hope I'm not too late, too.
1. How old are you?
- I am 15 years old.
- I live in Korea, in the Gyeongido Anyang
- I speak English only
- I do have a Skype
- Yes, My Project Map is Legend of Warcraft RPG.
- this map's system is high quality, so i hope play this map
나의 알피지 또한 당신의 RPG 처럼 만들어 보고 싶습니다.
- I made bleach battle royal and I making Legend of warcraft RPG.
if you want play this map i send to you.
Thank you

Level 1
I hope I'm not too late, too.
1. How old are you?
- I am 15 years old.
- I live in Korea, in the Gyeongido Anyang
- I speak English only
- I do have a Skype
- Yes, My Project Map is Legend of Warcraft RPG.
- this map's system is high quality, so i hope play this map
나의 알피지 또한 당신의 RPG 처럼 만들어 보고 싶습니다.
- I made bleach battle royal and I making Legend of warcraft RPG.
if you want play this map i send to you.
Thank you .

Ras

Ras

Level 6
1. How old are you?: i am 13 years old
2. Where are you from?Which timezone do you live in? I live in chile,-4 hours of hive Gmt
3. Do you speak/understand proper english/german? i speak and understand very much english but me native Language is spanish
4. Do you use ICQ or Skype or any other instant messanger(skype is preferred => conference)?: i have msn, and yahoo msn
5. Do you mod yourself? If so, what projects did/do you work on?: modding? i only edited a few of models but not much, and projects ? only one "murloc orpg"
6. Why do you want to become a betatester(plz be honest )? because you need a betatesters and i can help and i am good Checking problems, bug, etc.
7. Do you want to tell anything else about yourself that I should know? important ? nothing, i am only a player, and map maker, (and i have much videos :3)

Level 1
Hi, i'd love to be a betatester for ur epic stuff. I've played a lot of WC3 RPG maps and am willingly to find every bug ingame :D

1. How old are you?

Germany, CET

Yep, both

No I'm sorry

No, just consumer

I love to play RPGs and i am allways looking for some new. Your project - as u show it at this board - seems to be very interesting and i'd love to play it.

well, um, ..., i got no entry in my criminal record ! -)

Greetings

Level 11
Thanks for the many subscriptions. The Recruiting will now be paused. I will open it up again, as soon new/more testers are required.

Thank you all,
Thy

Status
Not open for further replies.