• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Machinima

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey there :)
I'm an old wc3 movie maker from the german forums of inwarcraft, coming here after being inactiv for about 1 year. My request is kind of wierd i guess, but still, better try and ask, i thought.
So, what i want to create is a short story movie (about 3 minutes i guess) including ingame landscapes, closeups with help of the modelviewer and maybe a fight scene.

As you all know the warcraft pool of animations for a unit is very limited and in most cases not enough to create an amazing movie experience. Thats why i'm looking for someone whos able to animate warcraft models. Yes, i need custom animations :) Yes, i will not be bossy and i want to work 'together' with that person. And yes, it's gonna be a project aiming for fun.

Also, if you like to help with any other stuff like creating models, or the landscapes, or developing a good story (i got one in case we don't find a better plot, it's pretty epic) please raise your hand as well.

Im happy for any interest, even if you don't want to work on this movie :)

sry for my mad english skillz :ogre_hurrhurr:

Btw here are some old movies of mine if you want to know what i do normally:

RyFridge

Last edited:
Level 18
Your English is quite good actually...

I assume when you mention 'Custom Animation' you're referring to more detailed animations (like the model pointing a finger ahead) a.k.a redesigning/editing in-game models...

Quite a tricky task (if you ask me) but I'm interested to see the cinematic (the 3 minute short story movie) you're planning here...

Level 3
No, i think it doesnt even have to be more detailed than now, though that would help, at least with like the protagonist :) more important is that i'm looking for someone who knows how to create a new animation on an already existing model, lets say a blademaster kneeing on one knee or walking slowly, if you know what i mean.
I could even do that myself, but then i'd need someone who can TEACH me how to do that, and that i can talk to from time to time, if i get any problems i can't solve on my own :p

Level 16
Look in the tutorial section, or just find MDLvis (if I am not wrong that's the name o.o)
Its quite hard to do animations, I think you should just import an animation inside another unit from another unit. (There is villager with 255 anims on hive, import those animation into another unit, it does good ;D)

About how bad is wc3 model and its anims,
I am pretty much satisfied with it, up till now I could make about any animation I wanted with using TimeFrame x Animation Speed concept in trigger.

Level 3
Thanks a lot razor, that villager model is freaking AMAZING!
I think i might just have fixed my problems with that lol :)
Anyways, if someone wants to work on this with me, i'd be happy nevertheless. Well, i'm off to video work then...

Level 16
Shit your edits is FUCK, lolol, I WILL BE SUBSCRIBING ON YOU ! :D
This is really GOOD ! <3

but you couldve made some of the effects in wc3 xD

seen awesome wc3 terrains?

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/terrain-board-267/complete-list-terrain-galleries-134047/

and i think that wc3 fog is very cool, it gives layers too, if used properly.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/contest-submission-233/terraining-contest-13-poll-203506/

and try to see many others ! :D

you may need help playing the animations if you imported the 255 animations into a model, use this

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/epic-animation-viewer-v1-2-a-200976/

Good luck i support you..!

EDIT:
btw, you are good in Sound Effects too in your other videos,
mind sharing me where can i find some?

Last edited:
Level 3
Thanks man =)
Well so far i've been recording directly from model viewer if it's for closeups. I guess i have to have a look at how to run those animations within a map for far shots then.
My terraining is 'okay' i guess xD not even close to some of the guys here, but well, i do my best. so far no one wanted to help me do terrain ^^ but maybe some day...

I wrote the script and compiled the soundtrack for the short movie today, so i can begin terraining tomorrow and try out some stuff :)

What do you exactly mean by sound fx? what do you need? :p

Level 3
Mhh, i don't know anymore. But i think i remember getting it from the guy that made the map, and he probably extracted it from Dead Space or a game like that ^^
Well, some sounds you can find in free databases like findsounds.com or soundbible.com (gotta check the last one out soon, seems cool) or from soundpackages for music production. Or i do them myself with synthesizers or pitching other sounds around :D

Level 14
Mhh, i don't know anymore. But i think i remember getting it from the guy that made the map, and he probably extracted it from Dead Space or a game like that ^^
Well, some sounds you can find in free databases like findsounds.com or soundbible.com (gotta check the last one out soon, seems cool) or from soundpackages for music production. Or i do them myself with synthesizers or pitching other sounds around :D

I haven't extracted from the dead space game if I remember right its just a open source sound file.

Status
Not open for further replies.