• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Best way to do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I am trying to implement more than 12 upgrades in one structure. In the first place idea was to create a dummy unit below the main building and sub ability added to both of them, in the first one that switches to the dummy one, and in dummy a reserve. Technically it would work that way, however, upgrade started in dummy wouldn't show up in the main one and vice versa. My question is, how would you sort that out?

I was for a while considering using a spellbook system, but I never tried that in my life before.

Level 6
Actually, Fortress Survival's Building [Command Center] has 5 upgrade tabs.
What they do is have up to 11 upgrades in [Commander Center (1)] then give it an Ability called [Next Page].
When that is casted, it is replaced with [Commander Center (2)].
To keep it smooth, make the player select the replaced structure.
Then you can swap back by casting [Previous Page].

Level 6
I was considering doing that, I will just have to add some extra effect to make it more visible that this building is actually working on something.

Status
Not open for further replies.