1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Spell] Berserk Causing Healing With Damage Over Time?

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by Melth, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Melth

Melth

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    So I have a unit with an ability based on Berserk. Instead of making him take MORE damage though, it negates all damage. So far so good and this works as expected most of the time.

However, I've noticed that when he's hit with a poison or other damage over time, things go wrong. Instead of just not taking any damage, he HEALS by double the amount of damage.

Is there any way to prevent this?

2. Dat-C3

Dat-C3

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Could try to cancel/minus it out with spell damage reduction ability.

3. Marcos_M

Marcos_M

Resources:
    Resources:
    It might be some extra dmg reduction going on at the same time?

4. Melth

Melth

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Can't be that; it's definitely only Berserk at work. I've seen peculiar behavior from Berserk in other maps in the past, but it works perfectly in mine except for this one source of damage.

5. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Try running through the damage types and weapon types using triggers to see what exact combination is causing it.

6. Marcos_M

Marcos_M

Resources:
    Resources:
    Welp, been testing for 10 minutes. -1% on damage taken and i'm healing more than 100% of all the magic dmg dealt, of ANY type. So.. change your dmg blocker method i guess

7. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    You sure you have set it to -1% and not -100%? Data in the object editor is usually in fraction form and not percentage.

8. Marcos_M

Marcos_M

Resources:
    Resources:
    -0.01 Yes. i know how to use the editor

9. Melth

Melth

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    What a peculiar bug. Well I guess I'll just trigger the damage negation. That's easy enough.