• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Beast Master Zoo Variations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Hello,

I was thinking of some variations for Beasts tamed by the beast master.
  1. Bear, Mammoth, Quil (polar variation)
  2. Wendigo, Quill beast (Polar Variation)
  3. Wolf, Gnolls (Forest Variation, can also be polar)
  4. Furbolg, Quill beast (Forest or Polar)
  5. Lizard, Wildkin, Razormane (Ashenvale Forest Variation)
  6. Salmanders, Wildkins (dungeon variation)
  7. Sea Giants, Sea Turtles, Prawns (Sunken Ruins Variation)
not sure if trolls fit to be considered tamed beasts. I personally dont feel like they are beasts. even grunts seem closer to a beast than trolls.
Now, only if we had Tiger Creeps...

Have I missed something?

Last edited:
Level 20
I wouldn't include Razormen, they are more humanoids than beasts. They can use tools, weapons, they have a more or less organized society and can speak (at least in WoW). I would also be tempted to exclude Furbolgs, as they are a bit more advanced than the average bear.

Level 16
Aha

Snap Dragon of the Naga seems nice

I wouldn't include Razormen, they are more humanoids than beasts. They can use tools, weapons, they have a more or less organized society and can speak (at least in WoW). I would also be tempted to exclude Furbolgs, as they are a bit more advanced than the average bear.

Hmmm, your prolly right about Razormen. What about the pig spirit summon which they have? Do you feel it fits? I think it bearly fits, but there are much better option.

Level 7
I have the same opinion as @Chaosium about the Razormane (Quilboar).
I would also include Gnolls, the Furbolgs and the Sea Giants because they also use tools, weapons, armor and have their own language... etc.; for me it does not make much sense that they can be tamed since they are a kind of humanoids or giants.

Quilboar

"Quilboar are a race of aggressive, primitive boar-like humanoids"

Gnoll

"Gnolls are a warlike race of vicious but simple-minded hyena-like humanoids"

Furbolg

"Furbolgs are a hulking, ancient race of bear-men"

Sea giant

"Sea giants are aggressive aquatic giants created by the titans"

Status
Not open for further replies.