• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BattleStadium DON 2.0

861081_516998611683773_1805956142_o.jpg

I Strongly recommend this map for manga lover!!!
BattleStadium D.O.N.

Anime Map based on Anime Jap fighting game for the GameCube and PlayStation 2 featuring characters from the popular anime and manga series
The War between three great Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, and Naruto, hence the D.O.N.

Work with Patch ? : 1.27b, 1.29. 1.30.2
Map size 38++mb

AI available
Map Type Aeon Of Strife

Author
- Valkemiere(Project Leader)
- Lordrygar (UI)
- Lordygar & Logich (LoadingScreen)

The Latest Version is DON 2.0(??/12/2018)

AllChars.jpg

Features
- Epic Custom Effect
- This map have Ai!
- Best DBZ town, and Konoha city place
- Realistic Sound and Cool Effect
- Fast to learn, and time play
- God's View Camera
- Epic Custom Spells
- Budokai Tournament
- Animeish terrain

Credits List

- Idearo Ace (Dbz model)
- Fantoche (Dbz model)
- Dennis Herman (Animator)
- jhxcom_2000 (Naruto Models)
- Ddahe (Naruto Models)
- Neilc (Naruto Models)
- Mr.War3 (Naruto Models)
- Judash (Sfx model)
Beta Tester (2.0)
Berkunt, IdearoAce, Kimantep, Warso, Korea, Deathfire,1337LV, Halo, Logich, Heizen, and the others

Video:

Changelog 2.0
- New hero added : Blackbeard, Kaguya, Sabo, KidBuu, Bardock, Smoker, Hashirama, New Trunks,
- New Siege Creeps added (targeting tower only)
- New Item: Caped Baldy sets
- New modified hero models are become HD Quality.
- Map is more balanced
- Modified Leaderboard. Death count added, and more clearly
- Lags reduced
- Creeps model changed

Since the map worked nearly 4years. I cant describe it all.

TKCC.jpg
Contents

Battlestadium DON 2.0 (Map)

Reviews
19:40, 25th Jan 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 3
i think its rare enough and will stay unfixed, just like occational Konan ulti or Akainu ulti no damage bug.

ps.

i change my mind about it being minor bug. as rare as it is, it still makes game unplayable for the player.
Id guess its issue with some timer. after first use, room seem to instantly explode all the time.

Last edited:
Level 3
how to get that necklace new item? also, naruto aura lasts 2500 miliseconds instead of 25000.

kizaru added to list of 3 overOPed chars, which now consist kizaru madara and gaara. I understand kizaru is just newly baked and will be adjusted. i also can kinda agree with madara being how it is because its secret char. but what about gaara?

i sugggest nerfing gaara by making its sand defense more how it is in anime and how it is in description. make it start failing against fast attacks. now its quite opposite, if there are many attacks incoming, it just spams that sand nova around. U can make it work same way how many similar spells work in warcraft, that is, adding like 1 second timer for sand defense to be disabled after each activation.

Level 15
I checked your blog and lol'ed when read the comments. Anyway, your hero named vegito but i belive its vegeto. And why dont you make the map more than 8mb? It would be good, you will have hq models there. And i believe you cannot add more heroes because yours already 8mb, unless you deleted more thing. Did you remove the music and loading screen?
BattleStadium DON 2 with more than 8mb size will be awesome!

Level 3
some map space might be saved by removing unplayed modes of game. 99% of don games I played were aos and the remaining 1% was when some noob was on red spot. Rather, maybe make other types of don play as a spinoff maps? Think of what interesting possibilities open, like RPG or TD. ^^ All your characters and skills are very well made, I always wanned to try them out in different games.

Level 3
I've been longing to suggest some gameplay improvement regarding dbz chars (mostly). about energy attacks. Epic would be to make them more interactive. Now i gathered at least few things could be done.

First, easy thing would be to make waves controlable to a degree. In anime they can be bent around stuff or towards moving target. In DON one way to do it would be spawning and selecting a dummy unit, facing target point. the energy wave would head towards direction which our dummy unit is facing. Player would be able to order dummy unit to go towards some direction multiple times, thus, making energy wave to turn multiple times too, as long as wave havent exploded yet. Dummy would have slow variable rotation speed, depending on some factors like energy wave type, skill level, etc. Dummy unit could either instantly move to target location, once it is facing it, or travel along with the energy wave. This method with dummy is preferable, as it also would help with the possible second suggestion.

Otherwise, it could be done without dummy unit or temporarily losing selection of a hero. As long as wave is still alive, hero would be not paused, but just its movement disabled to 0 speed. Player orders would only make hero to face some direction in attempt to move there, while the energy wave would head to the direction in which hero is looking. This solution, however, produces some tricky problems. Most significantly, additional coding would be needed to somehow control the turning speed of a wave, Would also have to disable all skills for hero during casting.

The second suggestion for the energy waves is physical interaction (like broly meteor).
Depending on various factors (once again, damage, skill level, etc.) energy wave could clash with another energywave, as well as heroes under cerain conditions (like while hero is with ESC mana/life regen aura - this hero can grab the wave in attempt to push it away) If you ever seen HalfLife DBZ mod Earths Special Forces, this physical interaction is nicely done there. Could mimic the best of it and improve the rest. For example, when two heroes fire an energywave and waves happen to meet, they clash and head to a direction which is influenced by both waves, depending on their power. In ESF after the clash the connected players cannot control the direction of a vector any more. So, only if both players aimed directly at each other, only then the energy wave could travel to target and not some awkward angle away. In DON with the control of our dummy units the waves could be directed all the time, always heading to a point of players preference. Other players can fire at this too and interact with the already clashed waves to influence the outcome. If player choses to deselect the dummy unit, he loses control of a wave and can run away while the other player(s) at some rate would gradually gain all the control of accumulated energy and could direct it normally.

The amount of influence over the wave player has could change depending on variable things like his remaining mana or life. If the clash lasts for too long and mana is drained, only mana regeneration speed would determine stuff. But what if player backs off for a second, drinks mana potion and catches wave again? What if hero is beaten to a face with a stick and his life is being drained? Surely that hurts and you cant exptect him to have that much control. But what if hes a saiyan? More you beat me - stronger I am! Many things could be made to determine the outcome of a energy wave clash, so not only the most powerful hero or skill wins the clash all the time, like in ESF.

All this interaction doesnt have to last and slow down the fast paced gameplay. It can be barely few seconds long. Player can chose to make it longer by holding wave, feeding it his energy, but if not, player can release, cut the feed, which logicly would transform the wave into an energy ball, since the feed IS the wave shape that we see in anime. Distances arent long and waves are fast, but player can do enough in those couple seconds to make a difference.

Indeed this mostly oriented towards DBZ chars, but if needed i can make a list of other heroes that could join in with this physical interaction thing and how. I bet all the heroes can be made to benefit from this.

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

a fun map with dazzling flashy effect and superb gameplay :)

wish the terrain is more animeish tough. default blizzard textures is just not fit well with that anime style textures you have there. wish to see the terrain to be improved on the next update.

5/5 and +Rep For this great map

Level 2
Sounds: 8/10
The Sounds need some moderation in some aspects such as quality but its good nevertheless.

Skills: 10/10
I Love the Dragon Ball Character skills the most,great job!

Characters: 9/10
You have most of the 3 manga/anime characters but youre missing some.

quality: 10/10
The map looks great,the visuals are astounding good job!

LOVE IT!

Level 2
Great Map Valk. I like this map. I play it several times and sometimes i bored. But When i play random and i get MADARA!!!! Oh my god. That was so Great experience. His spell animation is really Great. I like it
Map Design: 8/10
Hero Model: 10/10
Spell Animation: 10/10 No doubt.
Balance: 5/10 Very Bad man. I must play this map in hours to finish this map.
I hope More character will come. maybe: Killer bee, Raikage, First hokage, or even Rikkudou Sennin as Secret Hero. More people will play this.
I hope you will update this map faster. Bye :)

Level 2
Hello, i heard about this map and i decided to make a review for it. So let's begin.

Terrain:
I don't know what to say about terrain, it looks good but there are too many doodads that may cause the map to lag when players spam skills.

Team mobs: As in any other AoS games / maps the mobs aren't so special, but here i've seen something new, this map doesn't have siege units but it has a healing unit.

Jungle: This is just a typical jungle for an AoS. Nothing so special but i've noticed that some of the mobs can be easily killed by towers because they can follow you to them.

Items: Items here looks good, they are balanced and i like the idea of limiting the sets, so players can't just buy the same set to fill his inventory. Good job.

AI:
AI mode doesn't look that good because some of the AI characters just can't target the enemy properly. For example the wave spells are cast on the opposite direction not on the target. That thing makes the skill used by AI useless.

Abilities: The spells look really good, i like the idea of attribute based damage. What i don't like about the spells is the slow motion during some of the ultimate spells cast. It makes the certain spells impossible to dodge.

Balancing:
The fights here are quite good. There isn't such thing as support class, even the healers or intellect based heroes can kill the enemy team just like other attributes.

Hack protection: No hack protection at all. Every hack works perfectly here.

I saw that this map isn't just a standard AoS, it has multiple game modes, some of them original i could say, such as destroy the frozen throne and boss mode. But let's not forget that the map has a hero arena mode too. Also i noticed that the author didn't release any new version for like 4 years, so i don't know if the map is still alive or not.

Conclusion: Do i recommend this map? My answer is yes. It may not be a perfect map but this map doesn't use invulnerable during spell casting as other anime maps i saw. The others are just click and kill because while casting a skill your hero becomes invulnerable and the enemy hero is just paralyzed, a thing that in this map i didn't see. Nice work.

Level 15
Bump. Hehe. Because Valkemiere is not really active here, I inform you that currently this map on hot progress (because its still holiday yay). You can find the progress on his blog or Facebook page. Battlestadium DON
Warcraft D.O.N Blog

Or even better, join his Discord channel to get live update, and direct feedback. He is active there. join don discord Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers

A couple week ago he said after tweaking 5 more heroes he might be able to realease it. And so far, there are Law, Luffy, Sanji tweaks. And we already got Sabo and Blackbeard, also Dragonball Super updates. (hey, where is the love for Naruto? :p) So maybe it can be released this year o.o

Level 1
Valkemiere, the new features and skills are great, but I want to make some balancing suggestions, since balance has always been D.O.N.'s shortcoming.

Level 1
I Love it. Thanks Valkemiere! A FUNNY MAP WITH A GOOD AI for Days OFFLine <3 :cool: The SKills efects are fabulous! I want more! o_O

I only ask you to allow Naruto to be selected from the Pain Saga, 6tails and old rasenshuriken and the clones. In addition to the new Naruto;) <3

And keep improving and expanding the map further developing new characters like Killer Be and Kisame! <3 If I had money I would donate but I'm not very good $$ :confused: so I send you my support and this good comment! Any detail I find I will comment on it!

Level 13
I Love it. Thanks Valkemiere! A FUNNY MAP WITH A GOOD AI for Days OFFLine <3 :cool: The SKills efects are fabulous! I want more! o_O

I only ask you to allow Naruto to be selected from the Pain Saga, 6tails and old rasenshuriken and the clones. In addition to the new Naruto;) <3

And keep improving and expanding the map further developing new characters like Killer Be and Kisame! <3 If I had money I would donate but I'm not very good $$ :confused: so I send you my support and this good comment! Any detail I find I will comment on it!

Thankyou for support me. I will do my best

Level 1
I'm plesantly surprised with the AI, while they only use a portion of the hero's skills, they do add to the chaos and fun of the match when there's not enough people. Some AI, such as Neji, Sasuke and Gotenks are particularly strong from early to late game.

Some bug though, I notice Kid Buu, Son Goku and Bardok AI don't buy any more items after boots and the health/mana gem. It can be annoying to have them on your team since they feed, hard. Son Goku in particular is noticeably worse than in 1.9

Also, why do some AI (usually an agi character, but there's some exception) will just camp in the middle, and ignore everything that's happening in their own or the enemy's base.

Level 15
I'm plesantly surprised with the AI, while they only use a portion of the hero's skills, they do add to the chaos and fun of the match when there's not enough people. Some AI, such as Neji, Sasuke and Gotenks are particularly strong from early to late game.

Some bug though, I notice Kid Buu, Son Goku and Bardok AI don't buy any more items after boots and the health/mana gem. It can be annoying to have them on your team since they feed, hard. Son Goku in particular is noticeably worse than in 1.9

Also, why do some AI (usually an agi character, but there's some exception) will just camp in the middle, and ignore everything that's happening in their own or the enemy's base.
The AI mostly just ordered to attack move to specifics point, and they will keep changing lanes. So that why they just moving around in middle not care about most things. No advanced AI like defending or ambush or proper retreat, just keep attacking.
There are not many item set for the AI. And the base abilities they used for custom spells is kinda not AI friendly, this Warcraft AI only can detect those base ability and decide when to use them (like some are spam, retreating, etc.. there is a thread somewhere here explaining that). And for balancing, the main focus is for players vs players.

Level 2
Quite a long time since my first experience with this map .I used to play it a lot with/againts my friends and it was so much fun.