• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BattleShips Royale

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is my first battleships game, I've taken a lot of time to put in terrain and units, its just like the other battleship games (e.g Battle Ships Crossfire) except its singeplayer, as most of my maps are.

You command a boat (sailor, just like in Crossfire) and you evolve it (and yes, i made my own, not copying crossfire)

Windwalk makes you invisible but you stay still, so dont expect to move around.

Buy items for different attack

(the attack items have this weird glitch sometimes. They stop firing until you die)
(AND if you buy more than the same item, and die, they fire exactly at the same time, making the shots look like one shot.)

Keywords:
Ships, Water, Terrain, Sailor, North Empire, South Empire, Pirates
Contents

BattleShips Royale (Map)

Reviews
15:32, 11th Jun 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 16
Description needs improving alot still, also maybe include screenshot?? If can make this a multiplayer map not a single player so it'll be more fun than playing alone.
I haven't downloaded this but will see what others got to say.. And may download and review.

P.S is that your real name?? lol

Level 7
Description needs improving?

Good to see you are willing to upload a map you have made to Hiveworkshop.

But first there are a few things in making the map stand out from the rest and making people say "Wow it sounds good" I better try it.

Although Do not lie about your map or people will get so angry no1 would download your map.

Okay how to make a good description of your map:

Adding a youtube video of some of the features in your game can make wanting to play or download a map even more worth it.

Adding in-game screenshots to your description can make people feel like they are actually playing the game and makes them want to download the map.

images

Just adding a description of the game can tell people what it is about, so they are not left worrying what the main objective is.

The aim of the game is to get a boat and locate and destroy the other boats

Here is another example of the description of the game:

BattleShips Royale is an miscellaneous/other type map where 1 player sets sail to locate and destroy the other boats

Adding a How to Play description tells the person a brief overview how to play the map.

First you choose a boat.
Then you search for an enemy boat.
Then you destroy the enemy boat.
Next you should have leveled up and have some gold to buy some items/upgrades
repeat

Adding features to the description can help people understand why they should download it and what makes the map unique.

This map has 200 custom boats
400 custom items
500 custom spells and upgrades
30 custom doodads
70 custom models
a new inventory interface
a unique locating radar

Including a change-log can help people understand why you updated the map and what updates are there.

In this update we have added 10 new heroes and changed the death lightning spell so it would look better when casted and not poison you. Plus we have added a few new terrain features to make walking around the map even more exciting

Adding updates to come can see what you have installed for the next version and can make people want to keep downloading n playing your map.

3 new ships, a random missle launcher, 10new spells, 56new items, more gold per kill.

Always include the credits or people will think you made the whole map when you didn't and then some1 who contributed to the map will be real angry cuz you took all the credit.

Credits:
Jonathan Nguyen - creator
ilyT.J - uploader

For now until you update the description, I will assume this map with a little rework of the description will be approved with no time.

To make me download the map change the description and I might download it and review it.

Hope this helped you understand how to make a good description for your map,
Lag_Reviews :p

Last edited: