• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Battleships!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I am currently in the process of making a Battleships game, and so far, it's coming along pretty well! I have 2 ships completed, the item store is underway, and I've got the Battleships' system completed. The only thing I'm wondering, however, is if I can attack without Line of Sight? This is vital to complete Battleships!, so if you could bump me in the right path, I'd be very thankful!:confused:

Level 2
Nope. The range, LOS, aquusition range, and everything are maxxed out, but it can still only see 800. Since this doesn't work, how do I reveal the whole map?

Level 11
then that defeats the purpose of battleships...

what you do is use the "attack ground" ability, i'm pretty sure that will attack non-revealed areas. Or just an ability period. Like when you want it to have the ability use a trigger to give a unit the ability. Make a long cooldown, and trigger when ability is used, reset cooldowns and remove the ability so it can't use it on other persons turn.

I really REALLY want to see this map, always thought battleships was best board game after chess, or mayby tied wit chess, i don't enjoy many bored games either. I's thinks yous needs somes rep tos keeps yas goin's

Status
Not open for further replies.