• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Battleships Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Hey guys,
so I am having this idea for a long while: What I want to do is take the best aspects from the two most played Battleship Maps (Battleships Crossfire and Battleships Pro 1.199) and combine them in a new fresh map.

I was working on the last version of Battleships Crossfire, but I did not want to change the tempo of the game too much, which made me start this idea of a new map.

For now I am looking for ideas
  • what do you think are the best parts of each map?
  • what can be improved ?
  • new Terrain ideas
  • new ship ideas
My main idea was to take the awesome ship ideas (or new) from crossfire and combine it the the much more action playstyle from battleships pro.

If you want to join my project just tell me and I am looking forward for your input guys.

Level 6
I actually also working on a battle ship/naval battle, heaviely"inspired" map atm. at the concept and first prototyping phase. Where I use the new natives to use the mouse drag as way to navigate and mouse click to fire each side individual.
I will go a bit away from the original map by adding a second dimension(creeping jungle area) with own resources that can be used to upgread the weapons with special effects.
Long story short.
What I would like to see would be:
-A missile system with collision detection
-Overwork on terrain I like the style and wouldn't go to far but having nicely places areas where you can hide for a suprise attack and a bit of overall update to 2019 standarts.
-I would also like more ways to interact with the items click upgrade when in base, toggle between modes, stack to combine to new weapon, ect.
Thats it from me now.
This map plus battle tanks is one of the most impactfull maps in my custom games making and playing experience, so I am excited to see where it will go.
Keep it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.