• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

BattleShippers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Anyone who wishes to submit and discuss maps or anything else please visit and register at http://13attle.com/index.php and tell us about your maps/resources/background

Its a new forum that I would like to have mapmakers and players work together to create fun and interesting maps. This is not just for battleships, but is centered around it.

Level 2
Well I can write one but Trollkopp is making a 5.56b cause we found out that there is a stuckable Item...

So here the changes:
1. Whisky upgreades for 3k and 4k available max dmg 2666 (Kosts Whisky=2k+ up1=3k+up2=4k)

2. He added another procedure against stacking items which is possible in each version if you are fast enough... :)

3. Supporter balanced (Cloning item contains 1 min, Cooldown for Clone 2min; Healing Glue cooldown decreased and hel/wave increased a bit)

Hm I'm not shure I mentioned everything but in the 5.56 version you can get more than one whisky if you just buy different upgreades :)
And Trolli is working on whisky dmg decreas vs buildings...
Well I hope that are all changes but he did alot in the last versions...
Hf playing it...

Level 2
Oh I forgot some things...

4. New Traderbounty - Every time you finish a contract you get a higher bounty...

5. Creep mode balancing cause of some Blizzard changes which made the creeps too aggressive...

6. Different Slaves cause of women protest. Now Slaves: Men, Women, Child... Build 3 Slaves of your style :)
5.56 b comming soon

TKF

TKF

Level 19
Well, I'm tired of trying to make Naval Battle popular, so I abandon it for now and completely stopped mapping it. It seems like almost no one likes it :(

Battle Ships maps rule the bnet, Naval Battle is a failure of a map

ragingspeedhorn, welcome to BattleShippers group :D

Level 4
TKF, it is a lot easier to create a map than it is to make it popular. Making a map popular usually requires either yourself hosting it like 10 times a day for a few months, or having a core group of players constantly hosting it daily. There are many great maps created that are never marketed correctly.

By the way TKF, you have some interesting code in your maps that I may be interested in. =)

ragingspeedhorn, maybe you'd like to come to channel Clan BSM (USEast) sometime and try the newest version of pro with us.

TKF

TKF

Level 19
I did that same thing with missile war mod, hosting it every day over a month, but for some reason it became much more accepted. I've seen about 10 missile war maps being hosted (my ver) and I never seen any naval battle being hosted. It's harder to make naval battle popular.

Level 27
Naval battle is greater than battle ships - in your map, TKF, you can fell the real atmosphere of naval battles, like in bloody pirates. I am not autocannon hater, but I think that automatic weapons are not suitable for 19 sentury sea battles. And in your map everything is great and reallistic. I think that people just dont understand how fun is your map.

Level 2
Well I myself played naval only one time just to know it...
And well I somehow think I'm one of those bs players who play every mod but there are so many new version of the cool old bs maps comming out these days that I got some kind of overflow error but in a month when I finished my exymens I'll play some naval as well so plz don't stop maping just cause there are not yet 1000 people hosting it :)
Bs adv and bm aren't hosted as well and still sometimes there are new versions released...
Atm everyone on european server is trying to become a good cse gamer and that might take a while :)
So just stick with your map and you'll see it will become popular.
And maybe you should use my cpt.bot on european server and it's functions !gn and !gnall so more clanmembers from boat, cpt, ahoi, bsm and bsma get to know it :)
But my bot isn't 24/7 online atm :)

Level 2
By the was I still wanna know if someone can solve my wc3 problem...
Reinstalling wc3 or just the patch isn't working...
Windows 2000 + newest wc3 patch + multiple desktop/wc3 switching seems to create big laggs and then make my wc3 look like this...
After that I get a fatal error and have to restart wc3 :(

Level 4
Hey guys um my machine got reloaded nd my B.Net is screwy so although i can play LAN I won't be able to play B.Net until i get a new disk...

Level 2
Well you are already signed up on hives so you could go and check the tutorials :)
You should be able to learn how to make mdx/mdl files from images and therefore import them to wc3.
And because everyone is a little lazy here the direct link to the Tutoral on Hives.

Level 4
Yes TKF, thanks for the template map. I have borrowed elements of the anti item stealing and arrow key movement triggers, and given credit to you in both the loading screen and quests. However, currently I need to fix a problem with the anti-item steal that is causing the map to crash. Also, I still need to figure out how to disable the ability to give control of your units to an allied player. Any suggestions?

Good to see you SerraAvenger. =) Glad you got the invite.

Level 6
anti-itemsteal should be easy to get moving without crashing, unless you're using item user data allready
Just do "call SetItemUserData( trigItem, playerId+1 )" whenever a unit picksup an item without id, else check wether playerId == GetItemUserData( trigItem )-1 and if not, drop the item with a message "You cannot pickup items that are owned by another player!".
Message to the player that actually owned the item would be nice.

BTW - I think I remember that there was even a set/get item owner function, wouldn't that work even easier?

TKF

TKF

Level 19
Map is usually crashing when you drop a item instantly when you try to pick them up. Add some wait.

If you copied both item triggers, then map crash shouldn't occur. Never crashed for me.

And for the anti share action:
Find "Game - Set Map Flag"
Game - Set Restrict resource trading to allies to Off

TKF

TKF

Level 19
Hmmm... That would be difficult. I only know how to do that with periodic since there is no way to detect allied share control event afaik.

• Anti Shared Control
    • Events
      • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 3 to 12, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • For each (Integer B) from 3 to 12, do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Player - For (Player((Integer A))), turn Shared units Off toward (Player((Integer B)))
Assuming player 1 and 2 is the force, 3 to 12 is used here.

Status
Not open for further replies.