1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Units have been turned into heroes in our latest Icon Contest! Vote for the best icon set at the Icon Contest #18 Poll!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

BattleShippers BattleShippers

Discussion in 'Legacy Social Groups' started by TKF, Jul 22, 2008.

1. TheImmortalOne

TheImmortalOne

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Updated social group description to direct people to Clan BsG for BattleShips Pro games. I am now in Clan BsG instead of BSM, and I will be promoted to shaman as soon as possible.

2. TKF

TKF

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  3. SerraAvenger

SerraAvenger

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hello everyone!
    Nice to see you again, it's been quite some time with some of you : )

4. TheImmortalOne

TheImmortalOne

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yes TKF, thanks for the template map. I have borrowed elements of the anti item stealing and arrow key movement triggers, and given credit to you in both the loading screen and quests. However, currently I need to fix a problem with the anti-item steal that is causing the map to crash. Also, I still need to figure out how to disable the ability to give control of your units to an allied player. Any suggestions?

Good to see you SerraAvenger. =) Glad you got the invite.

5. SerraAvenger

SerraAvenger

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    anti-itemsteal should be easy to get moving without crashing, unless you're using item user data allready
    Just do "call SetItemUserData( trigItem, playerId+1 )" whenever a unit picksup an item without id, else check wether playerId == GetItemUserData( trigItem )-1 and if not, drop the item with a message "You cannot pickup items that are owned by another player!".
    Message to the player that actually owned the item would be nice.

BTW - I think I remember that there was even a set/get item owner function, wouldn't that work even easier?

6. TKF

TKF

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Map is usually crashing when you drop a item instantly when you try to pick them up. Add some wait.

If you copied both item triggers, then map crash shouldn't occur. Never crashed for me.

And for the anti share action:
    Find "Game - Set Map Flag"
    Game - Set Restrict resource trading to allies to Off

7. TheImmortalOne

TheImmortalOne

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    TKF, I am currently using that trigger but it only disables trading gold and lumber. What I need help accomplishing is disabling the little box that you check to give your allies control of your ship.

8. TKF

TKF

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hmmm... That would be difficult. I only know how to do that with periodic since there is no way to detect allied share control event afaik.

• Anti Shared Control
      • Events
        • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
      • Conditions
      • Actions
        • For each (Integer A) from 3 to 12, do (Actions)
          • Loop - Actions
            • For each (Integer B) from 3 to 12, do (Actions)
              • Loop - Actions
                • Player - For (Player((Integer A))), turn Shared units Off toward (Player((Integer B)))

Assuming player 1 and 2 is the force, 3 to 12 is used here.

9. TheImmortalOne

TheImmortalOne

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the help TKF. While your solution isn't exactly what I was hoping for, it is definitely better than no solution. =)

10. TKF

TKF

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    np :)

Wow there is 47 battleshippers!!!

11. Lorc_Da_Orc

Lorc_Da_Orc

Resources:
    Resources:
    Still only a few of those who really play bs :)

12. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    I wish there would be modern warfare battleships map.

13. i_mOck_death

i_mOck_death

Resources:
    Resources:
    modern warfare battleships is big ships that have airplanes on them and the airplanes go and fight so its not much of sea warfare >>

14. SerraAvenger

SerraAvenger

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    + Ships that can fire really far and have high level radars to detect ships they don't even see. Yay.

@Immo:
    In Bs Pro, do you increase bounty of ships when you are in accelerated mode?

15. TheImmortalOne

TheImmortalOne

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I have not increased the bounty in accelerated but I will take that as a suggestion for future versions. :)

16. CEMEH_CEMEHbl4

CEMEH_CEMEHbl4

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    my map Battle Ships Expression 1.9 now owned by Hate Crew Software...
    i sold it for 10$

picka picka! :)

17. SerraAvenger

SerraAvenger

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You know what Is funny?
    You didn't have any rights on that map. All rights are reserved to Blizzard. So what you just did, was stealing. You are a criminal. If at any time you're unnerving me again, I'll call the police.
    That will be fun.

@Immo:
    1. Kick Cemeh out of the group. He is a massive flamer, and thinks he's god becouse he found out that players can have multiple units with inventory.

2. I tried out 1.196 in a 1 v 2. I owned them hard. I think you should decrease the empires income, it was like 2k / 3k the first times, and got me my chaos cannon within seconds >_>
    I love the new shell system, and I have noticed some of the weapons ( like ob cannon ) have been changed in a good way. It was fun over all, but well 17 - 1 sucks :/ ( that one time I looked up trader recipes for a player of the opposing team, and had by accident ordered my ship to follow the other guy who went straight back into his base. Suddenly, I was dead >_> )
    Also I think that the return value of items might be increased to 60%.
    Sg.Summer tried trading on your map and it seemed the oil contract was rigged :/
    He didn't get oil when he entered the rect. ( hence I looked up wether there was something with the contract, and died ; ) )

Gj anyway, keep on the good work!

( Ps: Cemeh hates your map, he thinks "pro1.180 - good map ,but pro1.90 - is really bad (stupid Intercept "select-target-ability")". I think he just can't do the sliding trigger on his own, so he keeps making yours bad )

Stay tuned!
    Serra

18. SerraAvenger

SerraAvenger

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Srry for Doublepost, but this is @Lorc:
    Does he wanna have my upgrade system or my item stack system?

19. TheImmortalOne

TheImmortalOne

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    For the time being, I don't feel like kicking anybody out of this group.

In other news: BattleShips Pro v1.197 has just been released!

20. i_mOck_death

i_mOck_death

Resources:
    Resources:
    double posting is good for the soul