1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

BattleShippers BattleShippers

Discussion in 'Legacy Social Groups' started by TKF, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Lorc_Da_Orc

Lorc_Da_Orc

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh I forgot some things...

4. New Traderbounty - Every time you finish a contract you get a higher bounty...

5. Creep mode balancing cause of some Blizzard changes which made the creeps too aggressive...

6. Different Slaves cause of women protest. Now Slaves: Men, Women, Child... Build 3 Slaves of your style :)
    5.56 b comming soon

2. TheImmortalOne

TheImmortalOne

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  3. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I guess I got invited due to my high post-count? lol. Anyways, battleships is pretty cool nonetheless.

4. TheImmortalOne

TheImmortalOne

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Actually you got invited because you posted a comment in a battleships map here on Hive. :) (I thought you might be interested)

5. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    And indeed I am, I used to be an avid Battleships Pro 1.187 player.

6. TKF

TKF

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, I'm tired of trying to make Naval Battle popular, so I abandon it for now and completely stopped mapping it. It seems like almost no one likes it :(

Battle Ships maps rule the bnet, Naval Battle is a failure of a map

ragingspeedhorn, welcome to BattleShippers group :D

7. TheImmortalOne

TheImmortalOne

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    TKF, it is a lot easier to create a map than it is to make it popular. Making a map popular usually requires either yourself hosting it like 10 times a day for a few months, or having a core group of players constantly hosting it daily. There are many great maps created that are never marketed correctly.

By the way TKF, you have some interesting code in your maps that I may be interested in. =)

ragingspeedhorn, maybe you'd like to come to channel Clan BSM (USEast) sometime and try the newest version of pro with us.

8. TKF

TKF

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I did that same thing with missile war mod, hosting it every day over a month, but for some reason it became much more accepted. I've seen about 10 missile war maps being hosted (my ver) and I never seen any naval battle being hosted. It's harder to make naval battle popular.

9. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Naval battle is greater than battle ships - in your map, TKF, you can fell the real atmosphere of naval battles, like in bloody pirates. I am not autocannon hater, but I think that automatic weapons are not suitable for 19 sentury sea battles. And in your map everything is great and reallistic. I think that people just dont understand how fun is your map.

10. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    TheImmortalOne, I might just do that. I hardly ever use battlenet.

Thank you for the welcome, TKF.

So this clan, is it working on any common project, some sort of larger goal? Any super-awesome-best-ever-totally-freak'ish-good battleships project?

11. Lorc_Da_Orc

Lorc_Da_Orc

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well I myself played naval only one time just to know it...
    And well I somehow think I'm one of those bs players who play every mod but there are so many new version of the cool old bs maps comming out these days that I got some kind of overflow error but in a month when I finished my exymens I'll play some naval as well so plz don't stop maping just cause there are not yet 1000 people hosting it :)
    Bs adv and bm aren't hosted as well and still sometimes there are new versions released...
    Atm everyone on european server is trying to become a good cse gamer and that might take a while :)
    So just stick with your map and you'll see it will become popular.
    And maybe you should use my cpt.bot on european server and it's functions !gn and !gnall so more clanmembers from boat, cpt, ahoi, bsm and bsma get to know it :)
    But my bot isn't 24/7 online atm :)

12. Lorc_Da_Orc

Lorc_Da_Orc

Resources:
    Resources:
    By the was I still wanna know if someone can solve my wc3 problem...
    Reinstalling wc3 or just the patch isn't working...
    Windows 2000 + newest wc3 patch + multiple desktop/wc3 switching seems to create big laggs and then make my wc3 look like this...
    After that I get a fatal error and have to restart wc3 :(

13. TKF

TKF

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    :(

Immortal lost his spot in bsm today, so i decided to leave the clan as well

14. TheImmortalOne

TheImmortalOne

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Not to worry! I am quite satisfied in the SMotA Clan, TSMA. I may also follow you to Clan BsG.

15. Lorc_Da_Orc

Lorc_Da_Orc

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey why don't you all just join clan 13s? :p
    It's the best clan on east server you only don't know it :)

16. Ice_Eagle

Ice_Eagle

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey guys um my machine got reloaded nd my B.Net is screwy so although i can play LAN I won't be able to play B.Net until i get a new disk...

17. Psychotic_Jay

Psychotic_Jay

Resources:
    Resources:
    if anyone could email me i need a way to make icones like make an icone of an image of mine to an wc icone is it pocible?

18. Lorc_Da_Orc

Lorc_Da_Orc

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well you are already signed up on hives so you could go and check the tutorials :)
    You should be able to learn how to make mdx/mdl files from images and therefore import them to wc3.
    And because everyone is a little lazy here the direct link to the Tutoral on Hives.

19. TKF

TKF

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  20. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources: