• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Battle To Umbar 0.2 Test

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Battle To Umbar

1660 Third.Age, after the Battle For Osgiliath...
The Gondorians won a decisive battle in Osgiliath. Their losses are huge, but the umbarean army has been chased away from Ithilien and now prepares to defend their lands against the descendant of Eldacar.
The Prince Sangahyandion achieved a great power with the storming of Harondor and is determined to defend it against the Gondorians, greedy for revenge.
King Tarondor is once again opposed to the Alliance and is resolute to put and end to the corsair raids and to the threaten of the "traitor" dinasty of Calimehtar.

This map is the third one of a trilogy based on a war is inspired by the books and letters of J.R.R. Tolkien and the website of Sampsa Rydman: Lindëfirion.​
This is a fiction story from what could occur in about 1650 T.A, a fake version of the Third Corsair War (1653 - 1666 T.A). If you wanna know more about it, I invite you to visit the website Lindefirion.

The gameplay of this map is based on capitals that provides soldiers as spawns and on villages that can be captured that provides ressources (gold to hire extra soldiers or wood to build new structures, siege weapons and boats).​
There are 10 players in 2 teams (Gondor / "Evil") that must weaken the opponent team by storming and seizing its villages and capitals or trapping its armies. Each player owns a capital (or 2) a region (villages), an army, a fleet (not necessarily) and 4/5 heroes that can't revive.​
The players are :​
Gondor: King Tarondor; Ithilien; Lebennin; Belfalas; Anórien.
Evil : Umbar; Khand; Harondor; Pellardur (Umbar#2); Mordor.

If you love controlling big and varied armies (easily with all the commands I made), with heroes (with custom skills) that support it, you really should try this map :). This is more a strategical game than a "hero game"! There is a tutorial ingame if you wanna know more about the gameplay (a long one). You can also learn more about the story, the commands, the sounds (etc..) in the quest.​
I hope you will enjoy it :).

References

This war is inspired by the books and letters of J.R.R. Tolkien and the website of Sampsa Rydman: Lindefirion.
This is a fiction story from what could occure in about 1650 T.A, a fake version of the Third Corsair War (1653 - 1666 T.A). If you wanna know more about it, I invite you to visit the website Lindefirion.

References:
0 T.A : Sauron is defeated by Isildur, 1000 T.A : Istari came to Middle Earth, 1300 T.A : Creation of Angmar, 2463 T.A GolluM finds the One Ring, 3019 T.A : Beggining of Fourth Age.

1650 T.A : Battle For Ithil
1653 T.A : Battle For Osgiliath
1660 T.A : Battle To Umbar

CreditsOriginal map creator, Producer and Editor : GolluM[KoMe]

Website to download the last version : http://warlotr.free.fr/

Many thanks to:
Advisers and Ideas finder: FoFiF,Gloin[KoMe], Lord_Turin, Arc_de_pouvoir, Cirdan[KoMe], Thorondor (aka Turgon).
Testers: Spirit)of(Iron, Asan, Toeg.Alex, PhantasS.

-Documentation : http://wiki.lindefirion.net/ (many thanks to that amazing website and to Sampsa Rydman!).

-Model creators:
Many many thanks to OlofMoleman (Dragon (scatha), trebuchet, nazgul, mace of sauron ....); Fingolfin (Gondor type ; wall, towers, roof); StormLegacy (lancer); HappyTauren (Wizard of angmar/Morgomir, houses); Nasrudin ( white houses); Tranquil (draw bridge) ;Communist_Orc(windmill); Willthealmighty(effects); Mr.Bob(Pelargir); GolluM[KoMe] (an aura); sorry for those i forgot.

-Skin makers:
GolluM[KoMe] (Flags of Umbar and Gondor)

-Icon makers:
GolluM[KoMe] (lotr images + miscellaneous) and some others I forgot ...
-Sound makers:
GolluM[KoMe] and Le_Bucheron.

Commands
-To change view type:
-min ; -med ; -far ; -very far
- To choose your height :
-set "number" (~beetween 500 and 3500)
- To order to all your units to Hold Position:
-hold / -stophold
- To order to all your units to use Defend: -def / -stopdef
- To tell all your left allies' and your troops to stop: -stop all
- To kick someone ( Host only) :
-kick red -kick blue -kick teal -kick purple -kick yellow
-kick green -kick grey -kick light blue -kick dark green -kick brown

-To order to all your units ( no mecanics, no workers, no heroes) to Move/Attack somewhere:
-attack + right click somewhere. (the right click is also necessary for the next commands).
If an ally has left the game or if a slot is empty, you can use: -attack "color"
You can also move everyone|r ( yours and leaver's troops) : -attack all (CARE WITH LAG)
-You can move only a part of your troops, by typing: -melee; -range; -cavalry ; -siege
-You can also move your troops with picking only those from: NorthWest; NorthEast; SouthWest; SouthEast: -attack nw; -attack ne ;-attack sw; -attack se; -centre (ping the centre of the map)
-You can also simply move your units to somewhere : -move
-You can also move easily your spawns : -spawn
-To order to all your units ( not mechanics and worker) to back to your own spawn: -b
-Brown can bring all his troops (from mordor and caves) to the point that is "understood" wherever they are. (the entrance of the cave in the Northern Khand) : -entrance

Gold and wood/rock production
Each village has two nombers (by exemple 50 / 250) what refers to the gold and the wood it products each 3 min 20 sec. (here the village products 50 gold and 250 wood/rock).

The gold is used to hire new units with the recruiters whereas the wood/rock is used to make new structures, boats and artillery.

When a team captures a village, it becomes controlled by the player who has the smallest income.

When a team seizes a capital (like Pelargir or Umbar), it becomes controlled by the player who has the highest nomber of units in the town. This one will be able to hire the region units but wont get a better income or a good citadel.

Each 3 min 20 sec, the player whose kills are the lowest also earn 50 gold.

Trilogy Project
The trilogy concept is based on three map which are the 3 key moments of the war:
-Battle For Ithil : the capture of Minas Ithil by dark forces (started by Mouth-of-Sauron)
-Battle For Osgiliath : ended (version 0.6). (finished end 2008)
-Battle To Umbar : you may know it ^^. (finished end 2009)

This story is fictive but it would be great playing successively the three maps... woo ! ^^

The trilogy in numbers (the things that are the same in the maps are count once):
- 3 Maps.
- More than 350 custom units.
- More than 270 custom abilities.
- More than 1100 triggers.
- More than 160 variables.
- More than 110 custom icons.
- More than 50 custom models.
- At least 2000 hours (hard to determine) of work on 4 years.

Needed stuffs to win a game
-Make Garrisons
-Keep heroes alive (they wont revive!)
-Don't waste your troops!
-Defend and take important places
-Teamwork
-Use boats (for amphibious attacks)
-Use the commands (like -attack)
-Build care houses
-MAKE ARTILLERY (and use it:)
-Use the skill Magical Way to attack by a maximum of way.Sounds(Evil)
-ahah -sauron ("build me an army worthy of Mordor") -tremble
-troll -horn -azog ("the age of men is over, the time of the orc, has come")

(Good)
-horn -forgondor
:)

If you found a good stuff that you want, tell me and I'll send it to you (like a sound, a model, a skill, a trigger ... :)

If you wanna know more about the other maps : http://warlotr.free.fr/

If i forgot giving credits to you, first torture me, then hang me on a tree and while I'm joining hell, let me add these credits :).

150914-albums3066-picture25849.jpg

150914-albums3066-picture25834.jpg

Whole map without doodads/units.

150914-albums3066-picture25835.jpg

Bay of Belfalas.

150914-albums3066-picture25836.jpg

Linhir

150914-albums3066-picture25838.jpg

Heavens of Umbar

150914-albums3066-picture25840.png

Multiboard and Attack/def system above Pellardur.

150914-albums3066-picture25841.png

Skirmish.

150914-albums3066-picture25839.png

Pelargir.

150914-albums3066-picture25843.png

Bay of Umbar.

150914-albums3066-picture25837.jpg

Overview of Harondor.

150914-albums3066-picture25842.png

Amrûn.

150914-albums3066-picture25845.png

Inside Ephel Duath.

Keywords:
Lotr, bfme, Tolkien, scenario, umbar, gondor, khand, harondor, third age, Sauron, Tarondor.
Contents

Battle To Umbar 0.2 Test (Map)

Reviews
23:03, 27th Mar 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 10
To post images:

To Upload:
1. Go to your accounts control panel by clicking the "User CP" link at the top-right corner of the page.
2. Click on "Pictures & Albums" in the control panel on the left hand side of the page
3. Click "Add Album"
4. Fill in your settings and submit the album
5. Upload pictures from your computer

To Post:
1. Go back into your picture album
2. Find the picture you want to post and click on it
3. Copy the second link given
4. Go to your map description
5. Paste the link

and your done :)

Map Review:

+ Good feel to the map
+ Environment supports gameplay (nice job with fortresses)
+ A multitude of different heroes, troops, and abilities are available

- Fine-tuning is needed (i.e. tooltips, some environment factors)
- Alot of grammar errors (I know it can't be helped, but it's still annoying)
- Too many units to control efficiently
- Little detail in terrain outside of castles/keeps/nodes

+/- Large-scale combat (7 heroes controlled and hundreds of troops)
+/- Somewhat slow moving strategy-based gameplay

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for very quick feedback and help! This website owns :)

- Fine-tuning is needed (i.e. tooltips, some environment factors)
There are environment factors !! At night "nightly creatures" (orcs, trolls...) move faster, in cave nomal units move slower, sandstorms/eclipses/rains/... can occur, ...
- Too many units to control efficiently
For this, i assure you that if you play 5v5 and if you use the commands, it's really easy to control troops. The drawback is that you must know these commands...
- Little detail in terrain outside of castles/keeps/nodes
I avoided putting too many doodads as it would be laggy; but you are right it would be prettier.
- Alot of grammar errors (I know it can't be helped, but it's still annoying)
You are right :). I started the map (first battle for Osgiliath) 4 years ago and I sucked in eng ... I still needa purge all these errors.

Last edited:
wasn't it on version 0.2 before christmas
In fact I ended it at christmas. I just forgot putting it on that webside :)
the cave exits could do with some more obvious pathing circles of power i.e
The reasons why I didn't put any obvious "indicator light" (like runes) are simple : I wanted to make it as real as possible and also because there 2 other indicators : the kind of "crypts" at each entrance + a map ping when you walk near an entrance. + : it s also "hidden" entrance in reality; orcs don't want to show their caves :)

Last edited: