• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Battle Report 2 is out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
It takes much less skill to fire off Hunter Seekers than it does to dodge them. I mean it's impossible to determine which unit it is going for in a large army which forces you to retreat your entire thing. It does need a nerf. Zerg were stomping Terran and he came back with just a few caster units? WTF

He had an expansion up for 3 minutes before the Terran even started to make one. How the hell can you lose with that much advantage? I mean sit there for 3 minutes harvesting minerals and see how much you get. That's how big of an advantage the Zerg had in economy. The Terrans still blew him out of the water with some fast teching. Unless Zerg have something really strong to counter those Nighthawks, I say they are rediculous. Massive AoE damage for next to no energy.

Level 35
It was a good game, the Zerg guy pretty much fucked it up at the end. The hunter-seeker missiles do seem to be really strong. Yeah, you can outrun them, but you cannot do so in combat situations, and you can't really use Nighthawks alone.

The marine tac shield also appears to be a pretty big advantage. I would say that's inbalanced, but the roaches are there to them in line.

Also, a lot of similarities can be detected between the zerg and the GLA from CnC Generals.

Level 14
They mention that, when the second terran expo goes down, he had around twice as many SCVs as the Zerg had drones. Plus, although Zerg had the advantage for much of the early game, he didn't do anything with it. Plus, as already mentioned, he needed some proper AA (air AA really for the mobility).

Level 14
Dreadnought[dA];1089900 said:
Ya, the Zerg was investing everything in offensive capabilities that were countered by a few flying units @_@. That terran played a true turtler and that zerg played a true aggressor. The turtle survived and stomped the aggressor.

Except his offensives all horrifically failed, and he didn't manage to secure any extra expansions (and had less drones). That's a situation doomed to failure.

Level 13
From what I've understood the Hunter Killer missile does lots of damage to a SINGLE target but much less to units around the target. The reason why he got battered so bad was there there were so many nighthawks. It ain't that hard to outrun it, even in combat situations of simply spread your units apart.

Level 12
The way starcraft 2 unit pathing works, it's harder than ever to spread your units out. They automatically clump together lol

Ya your right Gilles, he was sortof forced into turtling XD But dang that Zerg still should have won. He had everything going for him the whole game until those Nighthawks came out @_@

Level 40
Dreadnought[dA];1088507 said:
He had an expansion up for 3 minutes before the Terran even started to make one. How the hell can you lose with that much advantage? I mean sit there for 3 minutes harvesting minerals and see how much you get. That's how big of an advantage the Zerg had in economy. The Terrans still blew him out of the water with some fast teching. Unless Zerg have something really strong to counter those Nighthawks, I say they are rediculous. Massive AoE damage for next to no energy.
Zerg spend more resources on average than the other races. Ever played StarCraft?

I wonder how much the game will be microed. Sure, broodwar was realistic that you can't save a low hp unit, it just dies after 2-3 shots from full hp. Still, they should put some micro elements higher than what's realistic in melee.
What? Micro in SC was far greater than that in Wc3.

Also, a lot of similarities can be detected between the zerg and the GLA from CnC Generals
Like what? You realize pretty much everything they displayed there is 11 years old, right? If anything, it's WH40K.

It was the strongest, so I'm not surprised.
Hmm? Zerg actually tends to do the best at the pro levels. Terran is a lot harder to play, but they truly shine if you can.

Freaking drop pods along with the birlliant marine blockade between the two barracks won the game for the terran.
Drop pods? Those were MULEs.

Dreadnought[dA];1091197 said:
The way starcraft 2 unit pathing works, it's harder than ever to spread your units out. They automatically clump together lol
That's why you order them individually, not as a group...

Level 9
Hunter seeker missiles only do major damage to the target and minor aoe damage, they said it on the battle report.

Level 12
Oh, and dont flame Poot, you you get ownzed.

I'm going there.

I wonder what hard counter there is to Banelings. It seems they are slightly unstoppable. In every engagement I would argue they were the key to the Zergs victory. Zerglings were just meat shields, Roaches were good for harassing and being meat shields as well, but Banelings did most of the killing. He almost always got the marines to shoot his Roaches and Zerglings and had a few banelings right behind the zerglings. Worked extremely well and he pulled it off really well.

I thought Marauders dealt bonus damage to vehicles, yet they seemed to do exceptionally well against Roaches. Anybody know what there damage type is?

Level 12
Manual targeting sounds great, but is harder to pull off than one would imagine, especially when your having to micro other abilities like Stim Packs (or did they remove Stim?) and Reaper Bombs. Air units come to late compared to Banelings which you can morph right next to an opponents base. Basically a Baneling rush seems very dangerous, especially if they can kill bunkers fairly well (2 of them didn't kill that one bunker so I think bunkers are the key to surviving banelings)

Level 13
Oh.
Speaking of the infested terran, I loved his voice :3
Speaking of infestation in general, what do infectors do?
If you're talking about Infesters, then they are pretty much casters for the Zerg. They can spawn 5 Infested Terrans, cast a DoT on a unit which will cause it to explode for AoE damage (cannot be used on a massive unit) and also take control of units for 10 seconds.

Level 40
Dreadnought[dA];1091411 said:
Poot, I realize Zerg always use less workers, BUT MAYBE NOT IN STARCRAFT 2 IDIOT. I'm speaking strictly about Starcraft 2, not making comparisons with Starcraft BW.
I think it's safe to assume zerg will stay similar (being, after all, zerg), especially since that guy played SC1 style for much of the early game. If anything they've changed by far the least of the races.

And currently, Protoss are doing the best on the pro level while terrans are suffering from a lack of good players.
It's all about who's in, but in general zerg seem to excel.

Dreadnought[dA];1092803 said:
I wonder what hard counter there is to Banelings. It seems they are slightly unstoppable. In every engagement I would argue they were the key to the Zergs victory. Zerglings were just meat shields, Roaches were good for harassing and being meat shields as well, but Banelings did most of the killing. He almost always got the marines to shoot his Roaches and Zerglings and had a few banelings right behind the zerglings. Worked extremely well and he pulled it off really well.
I'd bet that stim packs (assuming they are in, never bothered to check) and hellions would be your best choices. And then air, of course.

I thought Marauders dealt bonus damage to vehicles, yet they seemed to do exceptionally well against Roaches. Anybody know what there damage type is?
The thing with roaches is you have to do burst damage to them, so it doesn't really make that much of a difference as long as you have a heavy attack and a significant number of them.

Level 19
Watching these battle reports makes me wish I could play a game of sc2. Can't wait for next battle report. I would have wanted to see zerg tech more so I could have seen other zerg units in action.

Status
Not open for further replies.