• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Battle of Lordaeron

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Well, it's a chess map with 12x9 grid, and I expect the game to not be short.

Not much description can be given here, all I really want is feedback - anything will do.
Reason I'm asking for feedback is because, as you can see if you play the game, it's not really a traditional kind of chess.

The perspective is the same for both sides anyway, just that the units are different.
200483-albums6852-picture92424.jpg

200483-albums6852-picture92425.jpg

He moves to the boxes in red. He is unable to retreat from battle. Once you reach the end, he is only able to stay there, so be smart!

200483-albums6852-picture92426.jpg

The rifleman, or the Magi for the undead, he is able to move to the boxes in red while attacking automatically regardless of turn to the boxes in black. The condition for the attack is that the the unit being attacked has no ally on his up, down, left or right side.

200483-albums6852-picture92427.jpg

He is able to move in 4 directions (North, South, East and West or NSEW for short) for 5 steps. Standard.

200483-albums6852-picture92428.jpg

200483-albums6852-picture92429.jpg

This one is somewhat tricky. Rather than how he moves, this is how his possible moves are calculated:
1) He moves to the red slots.
2) He then is able to proceed to move to the yellow slots.
3) He is able to chose to stay at the red slot.
4) He can only move to the yellow slot IF there are no more than 2 units around him in all directions, so in a sense he is a good 'late-gamer'.

200483-albums6852-picture92430.jpg

Now, imagine this unit attacks the ground he is supposed to move to before he proceeds. He is able to move 2 steps in a NSEW direction, and IF there is an enemy unit in a NSEW direction he kills all units in the NSEW direction, including his allies. You have been warned.

200483-albums6852-picture92431.jpg

He is able to move to those red slots as well as the ability to swap position with the king, regardless of situation, however each commander is only able to do it once.

200483-albums6852-picture92432.jpg

He is able to move to the red slots.

Future plans
Perhaps a 3rd player that acts like a sort of random factor, such as lightning strikes, rain that is able to cloud visions of both sides, etc. Basically someone there to screw things up for both side of the team.
Credits

Blizzard for their models and stuffs.
Anyway, only 1 custom model is used in the map and it's by me, and there's no system made by other people used so yeah.
Keywords:
Bob Marley, Chess
Contents

Battle of Lordaeron (Map)

Reviews
06:06, 17th Dec 2014 StoPCampinGn00b: map set to await update/needs fix. Reason: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/pvt.toma/stopcampingn00b/

M

06:06, 17th Dec 2014
StoPCampinGn00b: map set to await update/needs fix. Reason: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/pvt.toma/stopcampingn00b/

Level 21
Maybe you could add screenshots?

Anyway,it sounds interessting. I will try it and review it too if you want

Level 32
As stated by these above few posts, you are lacking in following the map guidelines. There are actual rules you must follow. Refer to them here: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/rules-information-710/map-submission-rules-228244/

Either follow the rules in (Minimum to change the status of the map is 7 days after requesting changes), or I will set this to rejected or await update/need fix. If you have any questions, please ask!

Last edited: