• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Battle of Chronicle Betav0.4b

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Battle of Chronicle v0.4b
Created by Wc3Helper

Game-Play:
Red will choose one mode from easy/normal/hard and with how much gold all the players will start.After that you have 1 min to pick a hero from the taverns.Kill the enemy heroes in the arena to get gold to buy items so you become stronger.You and your team must gather 100 kills to win

This map have custom icons and models i have take some icons from
- Golden-Drake
- The_Silent
- CRAZYRUSSIAN
- -BerZeKeR-
- D.ee
- NFWar
- Paladon
- Anachron
Thanks for them my map is becoming better and better :D

-Madietor (Me)
-Spirow14 (He is not 14)
-sange&yasha
-Werewolf_slayer
-BoltofMolt
-Salamander
-Masasouki

Beta-Versions - Updates

-Fixed the level up problem (that was the first thing I did)
-Fixed some other Gameplay Constants
-Remove miss-chance when a hero was moving that time or he was in a higher place (this does not include spells that give miss-chance)
-Added 5 new items
-Added 2 new Heroes
-Fixed some heroes skill informations
-Fixed Hotkeys of the spells
-Now there is no fog of war in the arena
-Fixed Hero bounty for giving +50 gold or more sometimes
-Fixed the colizion size of the heroes now for every hero is at 24
-Disable jakiro from the game for some fixes
-Added in Valerin a story at the picking phase
-Fixed story for some heroes at the picking phase
-Remove the original story of the heroes at the picking phase
-Added a new quest-info
-Added at the top right corner the version of the map example. "Beta v0.1b"
-Fixed some Game Interface
-Increase Dwarf Armor from 0 - 2
-Reduce Paladins Based Damage from 19 - 17
-Dicrease Paladins Attack Speed from 2.00 - 1.86
-Reduce Kothar Movement speed from 280 - 265
-Increase Archmage starting hit points from 100 - 115
-Fixed Archmage's spell ArchSlow that sometimes it will not deal damage to the target
-Remove Some Unessesery triggers
-Increase Kothar Strength from 1.80 - 1.90
-Reduce Kothar attack range from 600 - 550
-Increase Kothar Based Damage from 15 - 17
-Dicrease Kothar Attack Speed from 1.95 - 1.90
-Dicrease Hit points of Dwarfs Ultimate "Golem form"
From 200 - 150
500 - 300
800 - 450
-Increase Dwarfs based mana from 100 - 110
-Remove some Unessesery units from the arena
-Terrain Updated in some points
-Added Doodads in the arena and in some points outsite of the arena
-Fixed Heroes Proper Names
-Remove Buying Hero Hotkeys
-Fixed gain range experience
-Fixed some spells
-Leave system has been added to the game

-Killing System Updated now it has colored name's and shows how much gold you take from killing him
-Now Heroes max level is 18
-Terrain Updated in some points
-Updated the gold start choice now red choose 1 from the 4 different amounts 2000/1650/1200/850
-Added 2 new Heroes (stonehoof,Xort)
-Revive time updated to 10 seconds
-Added 5 New items
-Added New shop with healing potions
-Update Base now every player have his own base (this will help from item stealing and more)
-Fixed Description of some spells
-Now if there are more than 2 players close to a hero-kill (610 range) they will not take expirience!
-Remove Unessesery units from object editor
-Reduce Cedric's Agility from 20 - 16
-Increase Cedric's Intelligence from 17 - 20
-Remove Kothars Story
-Added a periodic timer that gives 5 gold every 3 seconds

-Fixed the bug when only red could play the whole game (funny bug :D)
-Totally new terrain/trees etc..
-More things added insade the arena
-Added 3 new modes easy,normal,hard
(Easy - 125% Handicap 5 gold , Normal - 100% Handicap 3 gold , Hard - 85% Handicap 1 gold).
-Added 1 new hero (samurai)
-Now when red choose a mode a message pops up saying what mode he pick
-Fixed all the heroes in the tavern
-Leaving system now updated now it pops up a message who left the game
-Now when someone leaves the leaderboard says so
-Now when you pick a hero it shows the Proper Name of the hero
-Change and added a better Expirience system now when a hero dies the killer and his team will take expirience wherever they are
-Fixed the voices of the heroes
-Fixed the dummy units , now they don't give food cost and don't show the worker icon
-Added a text-info
-Added Fog of war (for better fighting)
-Added loading screen
-Brand new Description in the loading phase
-Fixed Skeletans venomous arrow. now if he dies from the damage of his ability the kill will go to the targeted ability that being casted
-Fixed the killing system. Now only when you kill a hero you take points.
-Change Xort Lucky Lightning now it's from 15/17/19/21/23 % chance to 12% chance to every level and dicrease the damage from 20/30/40/50/60 to 15/20/25/30/35
-Change Spell Lords Fire Blast Damage from 2/3/4/5/6 x Strenght to 1/1.50/2/2.50/3 x Strenght and Include Bonuses
-Change Spell Lords Frost Nova Damage from 2/3/4/5/6 x Intelligence to 1/1.50/2/2.50/3 x Intelligence and Include Bonuses
-Nerfs and fixes Spell Lords ultimate "Spikes Worth" damage dicreased from 500/1000/1500 to 450/650/850

-Added AI in green slot (ONLY) for testing(this AI is brainless it's still in progress, it can be killed easily. but sometimes it will destroy you if you start hitting it :D)
-Now when you die from a enemy hero you get 150 gold (ok)
-Increase Nikoro's Ultimate Damage from 22/71/122 to 45/85/125 and fix his abilities description
-Fix Dummy unit's from attacking..
-Change Nikoros second ability. Now it makes only 2 illusions in every level and it has 20 standar seconds cooldown
-Added 1 new hero (Ogre Mauler)
-Fixed the problem with the periodic gold system.Now when you pick a mode from easy,normal,hard it will give you normaly what it should give.
-Update the picking hero showing text
-Fixed all of the heroes abilities descriptions
-Fixed Xort Ultimate
-Shadow Shamans Ultimate now summons 8 wards and change damage from 45/85/125 to 35/75/115
-Reapers Death Aura dicrease from 1/3/5/7/9 to 2/3/4/5/6
-Samurai's Sword Soul now deals and the bonus agility from the items
-Earth King Being Extremely Nerfed!
-Knock Bolt Dramatically Dicrease damage from 100/225/350/475/600 to 85/115/145/175/205
-Changed Thunder Clap now from 85/170/255/340/425 damage to 135 , Attack Speed Slow changed from 15%/25%/35%/45%/55% to 20%/30%/40%/50%/60% for 3,5 seconds , Movement speed Slow changed from 5%/15%/25%/35%/45% to 20%/40%/60%/80%/100% for 3,5 seconds
-BashStrike now from 20%/35%/50%/65%/80% chance it become 25% to every level and bonus damage from 45 to 40/60/80/100/120
-Malhazar
-Forked Lightning now it hits 3 targets in every level
-Breath Lightning Increased Cooldown from 9 to 12
-Duplicator Disabled for this version only just to make some changes and fixes
-SyllaBear
-Red Claws now is a active ability that give's 45%/65%/85%/105%/125% Bonus Damage for 12 seconds.
-Green Claws now is a active ability that give's 50%/70%/90%/110%/130% attack speed for 12 seconds.
-Tauren Chieftain's movement speed changed from 250 to 274
-Brand new Update web-site (www.Bocupdates.webs.com)

I'm working in a Website which there i will have my map information in more detailed way any ideas (support) will be helpfull.What i have done till now www.battleofchronicle.webstarts.com also visit my other website www.BocUpdates.webs.com

Keywords:
Battle of Chronicle beta
Contents

Battle of Chronicle Betav0.4b (Map)

Reviews
Date: 12:01:25 12-Aug-12 Map Moderator: -Kobas- Map Status: Rejected 1/5 Contact map moderator: Visitor Message / Private Message! Rejection Reasons: Map has low quality terrain! Map is simple copy of another map! No work in progress, please...

M

Date: 12:01:25 12-Aug-12
Map Moderator: -Kobas-
Map Status: Rejected 1/5
Contact map moderator: Visitor Message / Private Message!

Rejection Reasons:
Map has low quality terrain!
Map is simple copy of another map!
No work in progress, please use Map Development Section for unfinished maps!
Useful Links:
The Important Site Rules.
You can use Map Development Section for testing and improving your maps.
Need help with triggers/memory leaks? Make a thread in the Triggers & Scripts Section.
Got any World Editor related questions? Make a thread in the World Editor Help Zone Section.
Got any Requests (Terrain, resources, spells, systems, loading screens...)? Make a thread in the Requests Section.
The Important Site Tutorials.
If you have any complaints or questions about your map, please make a thread here:Map Resource Moderation.

Comment: Heroes are ok, nice abilities and even items look good (if we exclude fact that they are half dota like). But some heroes miss tooltips, terrain can and must be improved, core setup like bases are bad, I already suggested above what can be done, also use some ability with channeling or something to port to base, using region is just bad, enemy team can just stay near it and kill you constantly.

Level 28
Battle of Chronicles Review

Review:

Since I can't try it alone since the map doesn't support AI this review isn't complete so I won't rate this map.

BAD:
  • The terrain layout is quite good, being a open field for a arena map, but its pretty empty
  • Those spammed shrubs wasn't appealing at all
  • Some items are blizzards default item, you increase their stats a little bit.
  • Some items are coppied from DotA that you only modified the stats a little.
  • Tooltips kinda meh, you can still imporve it.

GOOD:
  • Lots of heroes to choose from.
  • I can see that you pick some triggered spells, nice

SUGGESTION:
  • Improve your terrain, use more tile variation, add some flowers, grass and other to the terrain. You can also add some wildlife on it.
  • You can try to remake your items, and be more original
  • Try to add some game modes like CTF,KTC,FFA etc.
  • You can still improve your multiboard
  • Improve your tooltips and hero description
  • Try to use imported stuffs

My rating: ____
Can't rate since I didn't test it on multiplayer, if I did or there is AI, then the list will go long.

My note:
This map got potential you just need to be more creative.

~SonofJay

Check comment above for start, also I don't like so many markets, just allow player to go to shop area when he press ESC key if he wasn't attacked in last 10 seconds. And once when he enter neutral area just make him invulnerable. Then place circlet there or whatever and when hero enter move him to random location in the arena.
Right now players can pick group of stunners or spell casters and gank enemy heroes easily near they arena entering location.

Level 7
Check comment above for start, also I don't like so many markets, just allow player to go to shop area when he press ESC key if he wasn't attacked in last 10 seconds. And once when he enter neutral area just make him invulnerable. Then place circlet there or whatever and when hero enter move him to random location in the arena.
Right now players can pick group of stunners or spell casters and gank enemy heroes easily near they arena entering location.

the comment above was in version v0.2b which it was buggy as hell :D anyway about the random location. well I was thinking that too for example. i will make 2 regions those regions will cut the arena in 2 halfs and in this halfs the teams will spawn randomly in there own side! you know what i am sayin? :p.Now for the shopping area .. what you ask me to do is pretty hard :/ also i must find a place to make it and there is no room in the map to make it :/.and one more think how do you make the "wasn't attacked in last 10 seconds" i am searching for such stuffs but i can't find anything :(

the comment above was in version v0.2b which it was buggy as hell :D anyway about the random location. well I was thinking that too for example. i will make 2 regions those regions will cut the arena in 2 halfs and in this halfs the teams will spawn randomly in there own side! you know what i am sayin? :p.Now for the shopping area .. what you ask me to do is pretty hard :/ also i must find a place to make it and there is no room in the map to make it :/.and one more think how do you make the "wasn't attacked in last 10 seconds" i am searching for such stuffs but i can't find anything :(
Well because there is no such thing, you need to create it yourself.
I will help you a little if you want?

Attachments

• Test.w3x
    29.4 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Level 7
Well because there is no such thing, you need to create it yourself.
I will help you a little if you want?

weeell that's a nice way to make it... I will think about it with my friends and we will see.And I am saying that because , if I make such a thing in my map I will need to change tons of things which it will take 2 more weeks than normal. :/ and i started to make a AI so sonofjay can test it. :D