• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Battle.Net isnt working..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I'm trying to test my map with a friend, but when I do "create game" and make the game with my custom map. It says that I lost connection and when I try to get back in it "initiates connection" and then gives me a screen saying that the server I'm trying to join doesn't exist or that I'm using a modem. The server I'm joining is Lordaeron and I don't have a modem..

I've tried to load a different map and it works, but as soon as I use the one listed before it says "Your connection to battle.net has been lost" and brings me to the menu.

I can also join other lobbies, but after I try to load that one map it breaks.

Any help?

Last edited:
Level 3
It seems like the map is broken. Maybe the map is too big or have symbols in the filename that cause this error. It would be helpful if you post the map here.

Level 3
There are two possible problems with the map. The first is i can't start this map in multiplayer. Neither in LAN nor in Battle.net since all players are in team 1. In singleplayer this restrictions doesn't exist so this map starts without problem. Another thing is that until the recent patches that came this year there was a map limit. Maps over 8mb cause problems in battle.net. While they removed that restriction according to the patch notes many big maps still cause problems.
You should try to make a second team and if it still doesn't work try to remove some of the custom models.

Level 13
There are two possible problems with the map. The first is i can't start this map in multiplayer. Neither in LAN nor in Battle.net since all players are in team 1. In singleplayer this restrictions doesn't exist so this map starts without problem. Another thing is that until the recent patches that came this year there was a map limit. Maps over 8mb cause problems in battle.net. While they removed that restriction according to the patch notes many big maps still cause problems.
You should try to make a second team and if it still doesn't work try to remove some of the custom models.
I spread out the factions into the appropriate teams and tried another map that is also over the 8mb limit.. Still Didn't work..

Level 3
Just the normal editor that comes with the recent version of the game. Maybe it's happen because you use a different version than the english one.

Status
Not open for further replies.