• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Basic Melee Functions/Triggers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello, Im rather new to Warcraft 3 modding and im trying to make a Personal map (to practice my editing skills) But i also want to be able to play the map with a buddy

I have a rough idea for what i want to do with it

I want it to be melee style but more for longer games 1v1

I had this idea for like more than one builder Like one for defences and such and one for unit buildings and shop.

If someone could link me to a tutorial or something it would be much appreciated

I basically need basic installization triggers, but i want to make new ones due to the fact of nthe melee game options seem a bit restrictive

Last edited:
Level 24
First of all you need to change the regular peasants, peons, wisps and acolytes.
Remove the stuff that you dont want them to build.

Then you create a new unit for each race (based of the regular unit) and give that unit the war-based buildings.

Make sure that you can train the second builders somehow.

For the map initialization.

set TempPlayerGroup = all players
pick each player in TempPlayerGroup.
If player race == human
set TempLocation = starting location
create 1 town hall for player at TempLocation
create 4 peasant for player at TempLocation
create 1 OP-Builder for player at TempLocation
custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLocation)

do that for every race.
Make sure that you will put the stuff like player group, picked player and starting location in variables
you have to remove the player leak by
custom script: call DestroyForce(udg_TempPlayerGroup)

if you actually use the normal units, noone will notice that you triggered it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.